You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

40,000 points in 1 month at sit n go’s and Multi’s

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

Hi everyone I’m new to the forums and pretty new to sky poker played a little on here last January didn’t really do much though.

I’ve decided to make sky my main site now they have the download version and the lucrative points for poker. I don’t know if this goal is achievable but hopefully with the help of the forum I can reach it.

I imagine I will make around 25,000 points at £21 Hu’s turbo’s , 13,500 at DYM’s ranging for £11-£33 and 1,500 points at Multi’s I may move up later in the month if I’m winning. I will be happy with any positive ROI would hope for it to be around 2.5%.

I will be playing all days that I’m not hungover or ill, only half days on Mon-Wed because have college on those days

My other goals are no cash games and no negative EV gambling whatsoever (these collectively probably lose me about £100 a month)

Hope to update daily with points and profit totals,

Clubber224

Comments

• edited January 2011

Welcome Clubber

Looks like we'll have a little crossover on the DYM's so I look forward to seeing you on the tables.

All the best for your plan, and if you want to avoid the -ev gambling I suggest you look into the exclusion options on the site that can block parts of the SkyBet family.  I've done this myself.  Just be careful not to tick the wrong box, there are no comebacks.

Best of luck again

• edited January 2011
    All the best mate, only ever seen cash players get 40,000.

Hopefully see you on the 11quid dym tables within the next couple of week.
  • edited January 2011
    i dont think the HU games run enough for you to do this but gl
  • edited January 2011
    I can vouch that certainly in the mornings at £22 you wont get much action. Having just moved up to £10 from £5 ive noticed a lot less games coming my way, or was it the publicising of my stats in another thread!

You will need to put in a lot of work to get 40,000. Ive been playing practically full time for the last two weeks mainly at £5 HU turbos and managed 4,000 points.

Its a great idea to exclude yourself from sky vegas as thats where ive donked some of my poker profits!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: 40,000 points in 1 month at sit n go’s and Multi’s:
    I can vouch that certainly in the mornings at £22 you wont get much action. Having just moved up to £10 from £5 ive noticed a lot less games coming my way, or was it the publicising of my stats in another thread! You will need to put in a lot of work to get 40,000. Ive been playing practically full time for the last two weeks mainly at £5 HU turbos and managed 4,000 points. Its a great idea to exclude yourself from sky vegas as thats where ive donked some of my poker profits!
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    And sky bet!
  • edited January 2011

Thanks for the replies everyone,

TommyD thanks for pointing out the exclusion feature, didn't know if i should've excluded myself from Sky bingo too because at the poker tables people always tell me i'd be good bingo.

Just realised also there is two types of points on this site, poker points and league points, just to clarify i'm aiming for 40000 poker point don't know if would be possible to get that many league points.

Ran well today, went 16-2 in the £22 Dym, didn't play enough but i was just getting used to the software and finding my feet, i imagine tomorrow and Wednesday will be low volume days but Thursday i hope to put in 2500 points. I also hope my updates will be more in-depth possibly showing a few interesting hands in the future.

Daily Profit: £201     Total Poker Points: 970      

• edited January 2011
    Hi clubber, top name btw

welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it here and continue to post in forum when you can we're a good crowd

best of luck in your quest i look forward to your updates, good luck at the tables

Regards
    John
  • edited January 2011
    25k points at the £21 turbo heads up? U will have to put in some insane volume and atleast 3 table them to get anywhere near that, you do realise you only get points if u win them, no points for losing?  I only play the £21 turbo heads up aswell and last month i put in around 1200 games (not much i guess) at them and achieved around 10k points, so good luck mate.

Also i guess we'll be playing a lot against each other then like 2day.
  • edited January 2011
    25k points at the £21 turbo heads up? U will have to put in some insane volume and atleast 3 table them to get anywhere near that, you do realise you only get points if u win them, no points for losing?  I only play the £21 turbo heads up aswell and last month i put in around 1200 games (not much i guess) at them and achieved around 10k points, so good luck mate.  Also i guess we'll be playing a lot against each other then like 2day.
    Posted by gaza559
    I think your wrong here,its league points for winning,poker points are for just entering i think.
  • edited January 2011
    That's a solid start , good luck in your quest Clubber. (Poker points are awarded win or lose btw).
  • edited January 2011
    ahh yes my mistake, got them mixed up! 
  • edited January 2011
    I was going to say Fins is correct but you admitted to that gaza.

Welcome to the forums Clubber and a good but highly difficult challenge. It seems you are experianced in poker though so this will likley help.

Also as young gun says quality name.
  • edited January 2011
    Best of luck gaza,welcome to the forum and look forward to the updates xxx
  • edited January 2011
    jesus 40k points, i put in some serious hours last month and only managed to get over 20k points playing cash ranging from 50nl, 100nl and 200nl. at the minute i feel burnt out from all the poker i played i actually got fed up last night and logged off lol insane. your going to have to put in ALOT more hours than i put in and the amount of games you play will be crazy. good luck if you do it but be careful not to burn to yourself out i think it would impossible to do it month after month though, it would take over your life. gl.
  • edited January 2011

Again thanks for the welcomes everyone

hurst I don’t intend on doing this every month as enjoy my sanity , also this month I have no real commitments unlike the months after this.

Day 2 Summary

Played well HU but in the DYMs made some really bad errors lots of room for improvement in the dyms, ran bad in the two multis I entered although did get it in bad when I knew I was losing in the £22 deepie.

Daily Profit= £76.50                  Daily Points=1135

Total Profit= £277.50                Total Points=2065

• edited January 2011
    Day 3 and 4 summary

havent yet cashed in a MTT have being doing average in STT's , about 1000 points of the pace my next multi will be the primo so hope i get all my run good in that.

Day 3 & 4 Profit: -£99.75       Day 3& 4 Points= 2710

Total Profit: £177.75         Total Points: 4775
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    Horrid day

Played bad ran bad. No more Multi's for a while havent cashed in one yet

Day 5 Profit: -£360.5       Day 5 points: 835

Total Profit: -182.5            Total Points: 5610

Hopefully i can break even for the week and get to 9,000 points.
  • edited January 2011
    5k points already? is that cash for points?
  • edited January 2011
    Failed in every sense possible

Not only did i lose today but i played some cash and did some negative e.v gambling.
    lost £240 at cash playin 1/2 HU omaha lol, won £400 with a £3.30 tricast on the virtual dog racing i rolled a dice to see what dogs i would choose even more lol

Also lost about another £270 at sit n gos  all in all im down £300 exactly for the month going to move down and lick my wounds probably only going to be able to reach 24,000 now for the month.

My game needs massively improving on going to join some coaching sites next month and put in the hours i was hoping to move away for sng's to mtt's but it would seem i'm not qualified yet. will be playing no higher then £11 sit n go's and £11 multi's for the month it would be good to get to 24,000 points and win £450 this would bring me even for the month in the games i should be playing. My next update will be at the end of the month since i know i can no longer reach 40.000 points.

Thanks everyone for reading

Clubber 224
  • edited January 2011
    Failed in every sense possible Not only did i lose today but i played some cash and did some negative e.v gambling. lost £240 at cash playin 1/2 HU omaha lol, won £400 with a £3.30 tricast on the virtual dog racing i rolled a dice to see what dogs i would choose even more lol Also lost about another £270 at sit n gos  all in all im down £300 exactly for the month going to move down and lick my wounds probably only going to be able to reach 24,000 now for the month. My game needs massively improving on going to join some coaching sites next month and put in the hours i was hoping to move away for sng's to mtt's but it would seem i'm not qualified yet. will be playing no higher then £11 sit n go's and £11 multi's for the month it would be good to get to 24,000 points and win £450 this would bring me even for the month in the games i should be playing. My next update will be at the end of the month since i know i can no longer reach 40.000 points. Thanks everyone for reading Clubber 224
    Posted by clubber224
    hi clubber i have saw u play a couple of DYMs and i actually think ur a good player, u  no when to make moves and when not to, u use position well. i think stick to it and u will be verry profitible on sky gl
  • edited January 2011
    ul m8, was always going to be a hard challenge. At least now you will stop taking my action a the 21 turbo heads up games lol How many points are you on now? 
  • edited January 2011
    I think clubber is getting his poker points mixed up with his league points of which he has 1200+, never going to reach 24,000 in half a month surely. The league leader only has 14,000 as of 11th jan.
  • edited January 2011
    I think clubber is getting his poker points mixed up with his league points of which he has 1200+, never going to reach 24,000 in half a month surely. The league leader only has 14,000 as of 11th jan.
    Posted by sedgley58

no hes not getting mixed up its cash for points which is for rake paid!

UL clubber guessing our paths may cross at £5 hu turbos now best of luck good effort
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: 40,000 points in 1 month at sit n go’s and Multi’s : no hes not getting mixed up its cash for points which is for rake paid! UL clubber guessing our paths may cross at £5 hu turbos now best of luck good effort
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    he said he would get £450 for 24k in points, when in fact he would get £1000, so he kinda did mix up lol