You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lack of players on S&G's

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

personally i prefer the dyms because they only take 2 mins to fill up and the game is over in 40 mins, i'm guessing thats why they are far more popular than a standard s&g.

Thats why i rarely bother with a normal s&g.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I have been with Sky for a couple of months now but have been playing live and online for years.

I am amazed at the lack of people that play S&G's (not DYM).

You can never get a game with a buyin of over £10.

They are very popular on other sites so why the lack of interest on Sky?

If anyone can shed any light as to why this is, I would appreciate it.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Lack of players on S&G's:
    There is the same mix on other sites but they are still very popular on all apart from sky.
  • edited January 2011
    because its only 6 seater, used to run with 12 & 18 seater ones but they say they wont fill either

RIP Sit n Gos xxx
  • edited January 2011
    It is probably due to the very low numbers of traffic compared to the other sites and alot of the low stake/fun players on here seem to play the b/h tournys xxx
  • edited January 2011
    Poor selection of s&g's at lowest levels where players start so stick to what they know moving up.
  • edited January 2011
    All very good points.

I'd love to see the higher limit STTs have more traffic but even I have stopped looking for action here.  I think the fact that this site is focused on 6-max hurts the STT.  Even on huge sites in my experience the 9 seaters are more popular than the 6-max.

Also I've noticed a decline in STT across the board.  I sometimes have to wait 30 mins for a $55 dollar game to fill on another MASSIVE site, that never used to happen any time of day.  As this site is smaller the effects are more pronounced in my opinion.

If anyone wants to schedule some games to try and give it a shot in the arm, let me know.
  • edited January 2011
    I'd be up for some £22/£33 although after playing DYM's i've forgot what to do normally on the bubble