You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

final table bubble £8000 bh monday ARGH!

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
pleased at result but gutted about the exit, thought I was finally going to cash big ! hey ho
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BOOBOO81 Small blind  4000.00 4000.00 126428.14
PUCPOUND Big blind  8000.00 12000.00 56301.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

SoLack Fold     
limitpoker Raise  16000.00 28000.00 140449.73
BOOBOO81 Fold     
PUCPOUND Call  8000.00 36000.00 48301.00
Flop

PUCPOUND Check     
limitpoker Check     
Turn

• Q

PUCPOUND Check     
limitpoker Bet  18000.00 54000.00 122449.73
PUCPOUND All-in  48301.00 102301.00 0.00
limitpoker Call  30301.00 132602.00 92148.73
PUCPOUND Show
  • A
  • A

limitpoker Show

River

limitpoker Win Full House, 3s and 6s 132602.00  224750.73

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Shove pre. You've got 8 BB's left. If he folds, you take the 28,000 in the middle and increase your stack by 50% and you know you're pre flop favourite if called.
  • edited January 2011
    yes probably right, although thought i was so strong that I would just call.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: final table bubble £8000 bh monday ARGH!:
    yes probably right, although thought i was so strong that I would just call.
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    i understand what your saying here mate, however im going to drag attention to a few things.

Shove pre as stated above.

Reasons for this - AA doesnt exactly fare well against any two cards, simply because its not easy to let go unless a draw heavy board.

Secondly its a BH therefore people will call light anyways,

other than that nice cash, but could have been more if played correctly.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: final table bubble £8000 bh monday ARGH! : i understand what your saying here mate, however im going to drag attention to a few things. Shove pre as stated above. Reasons for this - AA doesnt exactly fare well against any two cards, simply because its not easy to let go unless a draw heavy board. Secondly its a BH therefore people will call light anyways, other than that nice cash, but could have been more if played correctly.
    Posted by The_Don90
    This hand fares very well against any two cards
  • edited January 2011

I do not agree that shoving pre is a must here. We have AA, this is one of the rare occasions where flatting the min raise and trying to get the money in post flop is fine!!

You were just ul. I dont mind the way you played the hand at all!

• edited January 2011
    I prefer the shove pre myself, but it doesn't really make any difference to the outcome, after raising he's 100% commited to calling your shove anyway.

Unlucky this time, but if you keep getting yourself in these situations that big cash will come sooner or later.
  • edited January 2011
    I agree with Don (and the others) Shove pre, the pots a good size already, and its a BH so he might call light. Your oppo will only hit the flop 1 in 3, and even then if he hits 2nd / 3rd pair is he going to want to put all his chips in. AA is only 1 pair, how often on the river do you see 1 pair wins? But hey what do I know, you beat me I finished 16th :( So close
  • edited January 2011
    shove pre anyday, blinds enough here. also a shove isnt exactly represententing Aces , i still feel if you shoved you may still have got called here who knows. no need to get fancy when lowstacked but well done on your result
  • edited January 2011

Lmitpoker is never/should never be raise folding the button against your stack.

Would you ever 3 bet shove from the big blind believing you have fold equity?? No.....never in a million years, coz he's never folding.

I suspect he min raised as the small blind had a similar sized stack to himself, so if the small blind shoved, the button could fold (although I would just be open shoving)

Get it in pre flop - he is NEVER EVER EVER folding.
  • ybyb
    edited January 2011
    I'd prefer to just shove pre tbh. Like dohhh says he should never be raise/folding pre against us whatever he has, whereas if we just flat there might be a scare card on the flop for him which prevents us doubling up.
  • edited January 2011
    fwiw, i reshove every day of the week too, i was just saying that a flat with AA, isnt THAT bad
  • edited January 2011
    fwiw, i reshove every day of the week too, i was just saying that a flat with AA, isnt THAT bad
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    i think a flat with AA is better if we are slightly deeper, say 12/15bb

with 8bb its a snap AI as the button shouldn't ever be raise folding into our stack
  • edited January 2011
    oh well thanks for all the comments, lets see if i can get deep in the TSP this evening
  • edited January 2011
    You might have guessed , went out in 133rd, I had QQ with only 800 or so chips, pushed in, up against AA,  ! lol
  • edited January 2011
    You might have guessed , went out in 133rd, I had QQ with only 800 or so chips, pushed in, up against AA,  ! lol
    Posted by PUCPOUND

What on this site? you must be mad i saw a post that aces never win! ;)

ul btw