You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHY 15% CHARGE IN A £1 DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAME DOES NOT MAKE SENSE >>

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
In Response to Re: WHY 15% CHARGE IN A £1 DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAME DOES NOT MAKE SENSE >>:
 Hi Dennis   I commend your Post but think Oynutter's head banged the wall first. ?                  I think they gave him his deep stack slot to shut him up.?                                    I could be wrong, but it has never been known.!! 
Posted by logdon
Ty logdon  & lol .

with all these new players joining skypoker now ,
a good % will be recreational players & will play these £1 dym games .
so hence it pays for it self .

pokersites that grow,
grow best when fair to all it punters .

10%  is fair.
15% is not fair .

Comments

• edited January 2011

Buyin + Fee
    £1.00 + £0.15
    Description
    Double Your Money is a Sit & Go where each player can either double their money or get nothing. The last 3 players all double their money. Each player starts with 2000 chips with blind levels increasing every 5 minutes.

edited by me : if you win you gain 85p .

you are risking 115p to win 85p .

now a lot of us regulars encourage newbies  to this site.
    that playing dym games are low risk
     & a good way to enjoy poker as newbies to this  skypoker site that we love  .

Personally i think sky suits should review the 15% rake charge on these .

This site is growing well at present & i feel 10% rake charge would be a lot more welcoming to
    new players to skypoker & for the existing players that play these dym games.
    Also this would encourage players to play more ,
    so in turn skypoker would get even more rake back
     through more traffic  in these dym games .

Please consider above as del boy would say :

YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE RODDERS

edited :

pokersites that grow,
    grow best when fair to all it punters .

10%  is fair.
    15% is not fair .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

breaking news >>>

ok guys latest update on this 15% saga is on sky news ( area 51 )  now .

at present paratrooper nut1 ( aka  oynutter ) has skybernie

locked up in area51 .

note from said para nut  to sky HQ :

" listen hear you sky flapheads your boss man bernie  will not be released,

until the charge on £1 dym games are reduced to 10% .

if my ( para nut ) demands or not met the bernie bunny gets boiled ."

P.S 
    ANY SUGGESTIONS OF TORTURE WELCOME in thread in area 51 lol  !

• edited January 2011
    Totally agree with you here rover.
  • edited January 2011
    i agree roverman, sort it suits :P
  • edited January 2011
    Try the micro stakes DYM's for under £1, which is where I started. They're at 20% rake.
  • edited January 2011
    Dont start Denis, or you will get Oynutter on a rant again.

He has raised this many times before!
  • edited January 2011

100% agree here Irish - it seems Sky are happy to be greedy on this and rip-off the majority of its customers.

I've always been a huge fan of sky poker and always recommend it whenever I play live. I also introduced a friend to Sky and she only plays these low stakes DYM's and is paying through the nose in rake so she is switching to full tilt.

Wake up Sky!!!
  • edited January 2011
    Why just the £1 DYM's?

25p dyms, 5p rake 20%
    50 dyms, 10p rake 20%
    £2 dyms, 25p rake 12.5%

£2 BH's 30p rake 15%
    £5 BH's 75p rake 15%
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHY 15% CHARGE IN A £1 DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAME DOES NOT MAKE SENSE >>:
    In Response to Re: WHY 15% CHARGE IN A £1 DOUBLE YOUR MONEY GAME DOES NOT MAKE SENSE />> : Ty logdon  & lol . with all these new players joining skypoker now , a good % will be recreational players & will play these £1 dym games . so hence it pays for it self . pokersites that grow, grow best when fair to all it punters . 10%  is fair. 15% is not fair .  
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Agree with you Denis 10% would be a bit Fairer
  • edited January 2011
    its because v.a.t has gone up to 20% silly!!!. either that or they are extracting some wee wee from said people x
  • edited January 2011
    It makes sense if you are Sky Poker and people keep paying it.

FWIW I agree, I would like to see all tournament rake capped at 10%. It's unfair that micro stakes recreational players have to pay 50% more than everybody else to play their poker.
  • edited January 2011
    You must be bi-polar Denis.

You are running DYM tourneys and attempts to hit the sharkscope DYM table on a regular basis.

Sky must LOVE you because it is encouraging people to play more of these DYM games than they normally would.

But then you come on and start moaning about rake?????.....LOL

Like Gary says, if people are paying it, then why change it?

I have not deposited a penny on here since the start of December (in protest at the tourney token thing) and now play my DYM games elsewhere.

Any chance of another DYM comp to boost the Sky Poker coffers you half-baked cnt.
  • edited January 2011
    Why just the £1 DYM's? 25p dyms, 5p rake 20% 50 dyms, 10p rake 20% £2 dyms, 25p rake 12.5% £2 BH's 30p rake 15% £5 BH's 75p rake 15%
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Totally agree Den and as SHANXTA points out - they all need sorting!! 
  • edited January 2011
    10% would be a much better deal for these stakes. wish it would happen, but can't see it. still we can but hope!!

SKY SUITS PLEASE TAKE NOTICE.
  • edited January 2011
    Totally agree with you ALL 10% ftw
  • edited January 2011
    Why 15% charge in a £1 double your money game DOES make sense:

Rake = sky poker profit
    If enough people are willing to pay 15% rake on a £1 dym to make it more profitable for sky than a perceived rake decrease to 10% then it is profitable for sky to charge 15%
  • edited January 2011
    Totally agree with you ALL 10% ftw
    Posted by debdobs_67
    +1 - its sounds a bit similar to the other thread for the £5 BH charging an extra 75p instead of the usual 50p
  • edited January 2011
    Why 15% charge in a £1 double your money game DOES make sense: Rake = sky poker profit If enough people are willing to pay 15% rake on a £1 dym to make it more profitable for sky than a perceived rake decrease to 10% then it is profitable for sky to charge 15%
    Posted by BlackFish3
    This,

It is unfair and I agree with you Irish, but the fact is that people are willing to pay it.  A lot of newbies have no clue about ROI and all that and how the extra rake can dramatically affect it.  They see it in terms of pence rather than %.  Their view is , the difference between 10p and 15p is 5 pence.........not 50%
  • edited January 2011

ok guys latest update on this 15% saga is on sky news ( area 51 )  now .

at present paratrooper nut1 ( aka  oynutter ) has skybernie

locked up in area51 .

note from said para nut  :

" bernie will not be released until charge on £1 dym games are reduced to 10% .

if my ( para nut ) demands or not met the bernie bunny gets boiled ."

P.S 
    ANY SUGGESTIONS OF TORTURE WELCOME in thread in area 51 lol  !