You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Micro DYM

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I am stuck in work with no customers, time of year everyone skint. So I decide to play a few 30p DYM table to pass the time on, went for the lowest stakes incase a customer comes in can leave the table being such a small stake.

How the hell do you play this level it seems to be one big lottery, I am playing tight ABC, raise 4X with a playable hand fold if I cant pump it. The problem is everyone seems to limp even with AQ, AK, JJ and even with AA on the BB and never 3 & 4 bet so no way can u put them on any hand. Then if you raise you get 4 callers any 2 suited seems very highly rated as does K3 and A3, infact any hand that has a picture on one of them.
Is the best way to forget this level and play freecell or am missing summut???

PS now bloody £1.20 down

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I know what you mean! People like to see flops and as it is only 30p.........
    60p DYMs are a bit better!! At least people raise pre with decent hands (sometimes!).
    I thought I'd do a few as cash playing is "bad" at present. Can't win anything.
    Luck has carried over to them aswell.

People play them for fun.
  • edited January 2011
    fold ftw 90% of time at that level, solid abc and you should cash 99% of time in these although dont play them myself have in past won all ones ive played at that level(probably about 5 or 6 times so not a good sample) only play them if mate is in one etc

maybe your just running bad but fold 90%
  • edited January 2011

It's hard to give much advice for these because the fields are full of beginners and players who'll call with anything because it's only 35p. Play ultra tight (JJ+ only for several levels), often folding everything will earn you a cash while you watch the others KO each other, be very aggressive when you have a big hand and hope for the best. You'll usually get a much better standard of play at £1 + 15p.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Micro DYM:
    It's hard to give much advice for these because the fields are full of beginners and players who'll call with anything because it's only 35p. Play ultra tight (JJ+ only for several levels), often folding everything will earn you a cash while you watch the others KO each other, be very aggressive when you have a big hand and hope for the best. You'll usually get a much better standard of play at £1 + 15p.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Thanks Gary I normally play higher buy in DYM and standard is much better, I choose the level as could leave table as was working if required. In one game I pushed with AA in late postion on 3rd level after most players called a 3x raise, to my amazement was called by J2 suited of course he hit the boat lol.... as younggun says I was running bad last night for sure.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Micro DYM:
    fold ftw 90% of time at that level, solid abc and you should cash 99% of time in these although dont play them myself have in past won all ones ive played at that level(probably about 5 or 6 times so not a good sample) only play them if mate is in one etc maybe your just running bad but fold 90%
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Agree with this strategy but a 90%+ win-rate is not really possible.

If you win more than 70 out of 100 games, you're doing fantastic.