You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

explain please..

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
because he wants to.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    xx Small blind  150.00 150.00 2805.00
    iBLUFF Big blind  300.00 450.00 6295.00
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

seaford2 Fold     
    blackjac22 Call  300.00 750.00 2540.00
    terry1958 Fold     
    xx Call  150.00 900.00 2655.00
    iBLUFF Raise  900.00 1800.00 5395.00
    blackjac22 Fold     
    xx Call  900.00 2700.00 1755.00
    Flop

• K
    • Q

xx All-in  1755.00 4455.00 0.00
    iBLUFF Call  1755.00 6210.00 3640.00
    xx Show
    • K

iBLUFF Show
    • J
    • A

Turn

River

xx Win Two Pairs, Kings and 6s 6210.00  6210.00
    how on earth can he call? and b4 u say it i havnt played more than 5hands in the tourney b4 this.. so how can he call that? obv im not gonna fold but no still they call and hope to hit magic flops.And i no its called varinace but just seem to happen to me all the time.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to explain please..:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance shaybricky Small blind   150.00 150.00 2805.00 iBLUFF Big blind   300.00 450.00 6295.00   Your hole cards J A       seaford2 Fold         blackjac22 Call   300.00 750.00 2540.00 terry1958 Fold         shaybricky Call   150.00 900.00 2655.00 iBLUFF Raise   900.00 1800.00 5395.00 blackjac22 Fold         shaybricky Call   900.00 2700.00 1755.00 Flop     K 3 Q       shaybricky All-in   1755.00 4455.00 0.00 iBLUFF Call   1755.00 6210.00 3640.00 shaybricky Show K 6       iBLUFF Show J A       Turn     6       River     4       shaybricky Win Two Pairs, Kings and 6s 6210.00   6210.00 how on earth can I call? and b4 u say it i havnt played more than 5hands in the tourney b4 this.. so how can he call that? obv im not gonna fold but no still they call and hope to hit magic flops.And i no its called varinace but just seem to happen to me all the time. And no its not coz of my name aswell. 
    Posted by iBLUFF
    FYP
  • edited January 2011
    I would of let it go on that flop.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: explain please..:
    In Response to explain please.. : FYP
    Posted by JingleMa
    i was never going to fold for 1.7k into 5-6k odd
  • edited January 2011
    because he wants to.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
     lol_raise.. i wanted to no what u think of his call, my play etc.. tbh saying because he wants to isnt a answere imo
  • edited January 2011
    I would of let it go on that flop.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    it was 1.7k into 6k ,,this was a bh semi into the 15k bh tomorow so i feel if i call this and win my seat would be secure as there was about 25left at this time and top 10 got seat
  • edited January 2011
    Got to fold flop. Id just put him all in preflop. He only has 10BBs
  • edited January 2011
    Got to fold flop. Id just put him all in preflop. He only has 10BBs
    Posted by 5toneFace
    yh i think i should set him in pre but if hes gonna call 900 hes gonna call the all in.. as for the flop like i have said its 1.7k into 6k and this would seel my place into bh.. knowing that do u still fold? thanks
  • edited January 2011

You have the right odds against his hand. (just) But he could have you crushed. Or a hand your worse against, EG K10, Q10, 2 pair, sets.
    And you could have best hand. Eg, he could have a draw, complete air.
    So its pretty tight. Id prob fold and wait for better spot to get my 9bbs in

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: explain please.. : yh i think i should set him in pre but if hes gonna call 900 hes gonna call the all in.. as for the flop like i have said its 1.7k into 6k and this would seel my place into bh.. knowing that do u still fold? thanks
    Posted by iBLUFF
    You want him to call in pre flop. Blind on blind he calls with worse hands. Thats the aim of the game. Get your money in with the best hand
  • edited January 2011
    You have the right odds against his hand. (just) But he could have you crushed. Or a hand your worse against, EG K10, Q10, 2 pair, sets. And you could have best hand. Eg, he could have a draw, complete air. So its pretty tight. Id prob fold and wait for better spot to get my 9bbs in
    Posted by 5toneFace
    thanks for the advice, at least someone took my post seriously ;)
  • edited January 2011
    And also how to deal with varinace play through it or take a break?
  • edited January 2011
    I play through it when I know im playing fine and not tilted. If I feel I played bad aswell as run bad, (eg from tilt) I'll take a break. 1 or 2 days off.

My advice would be take a break tho. Make sure you wipe all the past out your head. Winning at poker is long term. Everyone has a bad run, play bad, run bad. But that has no effect on what happens after. So just got to get over it. ASAP!! Treat every session as a fresh start.
  • edited January 2011

You had to call 1755 into a pot of 4455 which with your hand on that flop is a bad call imo. I agree with 5toneface, shove pre if you were never going to fold any flop.

I would take a break to avoid tilt.
  • edited January 2011
    he did have the right odds. 1755:4455 ~ 28% pot odds, And he has 7 outs ~ 31% (from pokerstove) So does have odds to call.

I just realised you had 5400 if you folded. 18bbs. That makes me want to fold. Wait for less marginal situation
  • edited January 2011
    against these stacks in a sat then its a fairly easy ship.

no point raising and seeing a flop OOP against guys with less than 10bb each
  • edited January 2011

against these stacks in a sat then its a fairly easy ship. no point raising and seeing a flop OOP against guys with less than 10bb each
    Posted by scotty77
    Can't agree more. If you're going to be pot comitted post flop, just shove and put them to the decision.Punish the limpers. If they still want to call the All in with K6 suited,even better as you're ahead.
  • edited January 2011
    I think your raise is fine, post flop terribad mate

you dont hit and get shoved on just fold, especially in a satelite maybe even consider flatting pre as early limper and AJ is not that great. also regardless what they call with that does not matter you need to look at your own game, as for his call its suited so the nuts :p

• edited January 2011
    if you reread your OP you said "explain please...how can he make this call"
    and i explained that he wanted to.

if you had mentioned anything about your own play in the OP then i would have replied to that.

shove pre. how tilted i am depends on whether i call or fold flop.
  • edited January 2011
    if you reread your OP you said "explain please...how can he make this call" and i explained that he wanted to. if you had mentioned anything about your own play in the OP then i would have replied to that. shove pre. how tilted i am depends on whether i call or fold flop.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    thanks lol_raise just ignore me i was having a rant at his appauling call pre but its all good now
  • edited January 2011
    thanks all yeah i think i should of just shoved pre not sure why i raised to 900 and not just shove.But if i do shove do u think the K6 still calls? if he calls 900 hes gonna call shove surely and result is the same? thanks
  • edited January 2011
    if we shove he may fold

if we shove and he calls we get it in as a favourite.

wheras by playing it like this we got our chips in as an underdog, even tho we had the odds to call.
  • edited January 2011
    if we shove he may fold if we shove and he calls we get it in as a favourite. wheras by playing it like this we got our chips in as an underdog, even tho we had the odds to call.
    Posted by scotty77
    y i totally agree scotty.. i think i didnt shove because 1of 2 reasons either i was priceing him in (so its my own fault) or as earlier that day i lost my whole br so i was playing scared as it was the last of my br.. and playing scared is NOT!! good