You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why is skypoker so bad

edited January 2011 in Area 51
i play on other poker site and do realy well on them but way i play skypoker i alway come up agenst the aX K X PLAYERs. like i will have say QQ i get  called when i raise  it will go all the way down to the river and when i win they will have ace 2 or k 5 and they have lost all that cash but some times they will have ace 2 and hit an ace on the river  i just cant understand way why this happands. now some peeps well say that im a bad player and thats fine but on other poker sits i do really well so i know im not a bad player WHATS GOING as as for tk where the hell do you get he has not go a clue

Comments

• edited January 2011
    In Response to why is skypoker so bad:
    i play on other poker site and do realy well on them but way i play skypoker i alway come up agenst the aX K X PLAYERs. like i will have say QQ i get  called when i raise  it will go all the way down to the river and when i win they will have ace 2 or k 5 and they have lost all that cash but some times they will have ace 2 and hit an ace on the river  i just cant understand way why this happands. now some peeps well say that im a bad player and thats fine but on other poker sits i do really well so i know im not a bad player WHATS GOING as as for tk where the hell do you get he has not go a clue
    Posted by dargan
    Taxi to Area 51

BTW Look at Tony Kendall on Hendon mob player database, if that is "not got a clue" then give me clueless every day of the week!
  • edited January 2011

You want people calling with A2 and k5, the skill is protecting your QQ, and realising when it is beat. If you bet bigger you might get these junk hands to fold. They do not always hit their junk by the way but you are focussing on this, rather than when you win.

If you dont accept the losses you wont enjoy poker. Stick around here, enjoy the community, and get to know tikay, your opinions will change, trust me!

• edited January 2011
    what levels do you play at? If like me it is the lower cash levels (nl4) then there are a lot of recreational players here and those for whom the buy in is irrelevant. It is their money so they can play how they like. It is galling I know at times! I lost to a 2 outer yesterday and am on a bad run at the moment in terms of "bad beats". But, I've given them as well.

with respect to TK - a bit out of order mate. I don't know him personally but he has always seemed knowledgeable to me. The advice he has given me and others has always been decent. If you don't agree with his advice/analysis fair enough.
  • edited January 2011
    I think that before accusing someone as not having a clue you'd better be sure you're pretty faultless yourself.

• edited January 2011
    lol yeah i seen  tk on the tv and he says one thing then  hours later he say do another  i play on poker stars and do realy well on there  and when i do win not just with QQ when i have say a str8 and see peeps with A2 K4  as many time as i do on here i think whats going on ok all you lot that have had there say i will give it one more shot on here starting with £1 and£2 blinds see you all that the tables :)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: why is skypoker so bad:
    lol yeah i seen  tk on the tv and he says one thing then  hours later he say do another  i play on poker stars and do realy well on there  and when i do win not just with QQ when i have say a str8 and see peeps with A2 K4  as many time as i do on here i think whats going on ok all you lot that have had there say i will give it one more shot on here starting with £1 and£2 blinds see you all that the tables :)
    Posted by dargan
    good luck
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by dargan
    £1/£2 ??? As Hoggplop says good luck

As for Tikay's advice, every situation is different, what worked in one hand may not work later on dependant on board texture or rising blind levels, lets say i have K9 at level 1 of a tournament, I limp in to see a flop, that is ok but at level 8 when the action is faster I need to raise or fold here, a limp is the wrong play and often ends up as "limpers tax"

Tikay also has knowledge of the players, after all there is no point limping in if MickJenn1 is behind you!

• edited January 2011
    lol see you should never limp in with any two card have you been listining to tk??
  • edited January 2011
    lol you go on about how good tk is how many wsop bracelet has he won??  the only player that i would listin to on this site is lolufold has he come 21th in the wsop
  • edited January 2011
    lol you go on about how good tk is how many wsop bracelet has he won??  the only player that i would listin to on this site is lolufold has he come 21th in the wsop
    Posted by dargan

Spot on Dargan, that's why I've hired Darwin Moon as my personal poker coach, he finished 2nd in the WSOP Main Event!

• edited January 2011
    nice nice and he is a friend of the 9grider) what site is that on then ?
  • edited January 2011
    his friends with Michael  Mizrachi
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by dargan
    Last time I looked you don't get a bracelet for 21st!

Tikay has played in the WSOP main event once and he cashed

Limping is perfectly acceptable in early levels, read Harrington on Holdem strategy part 1

Are you Harvey and Porkerman?
  • edited January 2011
    dont put all your stack in with QQ on an ace or king high board. simples.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: why is skypoker so bad : £1/£2 ??? As Hoggplop says good luck As for Tikay's advice, every situation is different, what worked in one hand may not work later on dependant on board texture or rising blind levels, lets say i have K9 at level 1 of a tournament, I limp in to see a flop, that is ok but at level 8 when the action is faster I need to raise or fold here, a limp is the wrong play and often ends up as "limpers tax" Tikay also has knowledge of the players, after all there is no point limping in if MickJenn1 is behind you!
    Posted by SolarCarro
    yeah thats just then players on skypoker!!!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: why is skypoker so bad : Last time I looked you don't get a bracelet for 21st! Tikay has played in the WSOP main event once and he cashed Limping is perfectly acceptable in early levels, read Harrington on Holdem strategy part 1 Are you Harvey and Porkerman?
    Posted by SolarCarro
    lol no your right but no one knows he was in the wsop. and he always gose on about not limping in and  thats what he done oh do i need to say any more !!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: why is skypoker so bad : Last time I looked you don't get a bracelet for 21st! Tikay has played in the WSOP main event once and he cashed Limping is perfectly acceptable in early levels, read Harrington on Holdem strategy part 1 Are you Harvey and Porkerman?
    Posted by SolarCarro
    you can read all the books you want playing is the best way to learn!!
  • edited January 2011
    dont put all your stack in with QQ on an ace or king high board. simples.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    i didnt put all my stack it was just an example
  • edited January 2011
    i didnt it was just an example
  • edited January 2011
    There's a world of difference between 'skypoker being so bad' and 'there are bad players on skypoker'.
  • edited January 2011
    and could you please speak in proper sentances please!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    and could you please speak in proper sentances please!!!!
    Posted by LENGALENG
    Massive +1 here lengaleng,and i thought it was just my pernod and blacks gettin to me ;o) xxx
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: why is skypoker so bad : Spot on Dargan, that's why I've hired Darwin Moon as my personal poker coach, he finished 2nd in the WSOP Main Event!
    Posted by JingleMa
    LMAO