You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU Turbo hand turn decision- i played whole hand terrible tbh

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok first time against this opponent, he had min-raised every button and i have called every button up to this point. choose to flat hoping he starts his raising now, bingo he does so i re-raise to intstigate the shove/fold and he flats.

Flop comes i debate whether to check back, but think i should be shoving flop?

after turn i figured he would have a go at the pot regardless of hand, which i didnt think he had anything.

No showdown hands previously so could just be raising button with a hand but unlikely as we have seen about 8, only hand we get involved in was he called pre, flop comes down pretty dry other then ace so he checks i bet and he folds.

I have posted this a) whether i should be shoving flop? b) whether i can ever call turn shove?
YOUNG_GUN Small blind   10.00 10.00 990.00
x Big blind   20.00 30.00 980.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

YOUNG_GUN Call   10.00 40.00 980.00
x Raise   100.00 140.00 880.00
YOUNG_GUN Raise   400.00 540.00 580.00
x Call   300.00 840.00 580.00
Flop

• J

x Check        
YOUNG_GUN Check        
Turn

x All-in   580.00 1420.00 0.00

Comments

• edited January 2011
    ship flop

dont play HU turbos there isn't enough skill involved. 
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: HU Turbo hand turn decision- i played whole hand terrible tbh:
    ship flop dont play HU turbos there isn't enough skill involved. 
    Posted by scotty77

I completely understand that and agree i should of shipped pre

reason i play turbos as you find more donkey players, also they are quick so can do more in an hour although i am aware this means there will be higher variance
  • edited January 2011
    That a dig at me scotty ? :Wave:

Ship flop.
  • edited January 2011
    No I think that there is lots of skill involved in winning a tournie you didn't even mean to enter.  That should be your strat from now on...open up tournie lobby....close eyes...click at random....BINK a turbo badugi tournie or whatver

Youung Gun - do you keep records of your success on these HU Turbos?  I can't see it being that close to being break even tbf....maybe a small edge but your time would be better suited to multitabling DYMs I think if you wanna grind out a small profit.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: HU Turbo hand turn decision- i played whole hand terrible tbh:
    No I think that there is lots of skill involved in winning a tournie you didn't even mean to enter.  That should be your strat from now on...open up tournie lobby....close eyes...click at random....BINK a turbo badugi tournie or whatver Youung Gun - do you keep records of your success on these HU Turbos?  I can't see it being that close to being break even tbf....maybe a small edge but your time would be better suited to multitabling DYMs I think if you wanna grind out a small profit.
    Posted by scotty77

yeah i've a pretty sick sample size that says misclick regs are the way forward.

maybe just turn off all filters and do as you say and rando register 4 tournaments, prob win them all :lol:

SKILL GAME :D 

One day i'll win on sky too :lol:
  • edited January 2011
    No I think that there is lots of skill involved in winning a tournie you didn't even mean to enter.  That should be your strat from now on...open up tournie lobby....close eyes...click at random....BINK a turbo badugi tournie or whatver Youung Gun - do you keep records of your success on these HU Turbos?  I can't see it being that close to being break even tbf....maybe a small edge but your time would be better suited to multitabling DYMs I think if you wanna grind out a small profit.
    Posted by scotty77
    Hi scotty i dont keep a record, but alwasy seem to win more often then lose. I've asked Irishrover for a couple of things on sharksope as i can see my STT record is poor and just got back to break even but wanted to find out specifically what i do best in? also whatever level HU i do best in? guessing i would think my records better at 5.25 then 2.10 but not a great sample, i think i would have more edge in longer format just choose not to play them as they take forever.

DYM i find boring unless doing at least 4 which i think affects my results. again im only just looking into all of this and recently have had some advice on hu which i feel i am getting better but still plenty to learn on that front.

On turbo heads up front bit weird as the other day won 9 in row but then lost 3 but i assume there is higher variance in these
  • edited January 2011
    u seem to do well in HU turbo`s like wehn u had A3 lol
  • edited January 2011
    u seem to do well in HU turbo`s like wehn u had A3 lol
    Posted by iBLUFF

wat u mean is i seemed to own u heads up ;)

that was sick hand A3, tbf i played it well