You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

77 UTG+1 - Best way to play a hand like this?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This is hand 3 of 3

This is a situation that I always find kinda tricky to play. I know for a fact that over time I lose so much more with these kind of hands than I should do so I'm gonna break this hand down over the streets.

My initial plan here was to open raise to 60p (3x being my standard OR). However that plan was quickly put to bed when oppo 2 OR instead! I thought it was worth going set mining here as based on how the table had been playing I thought it was likely I'd probably see another call behind me to bump up the pot should I hit.

Ordinarily I'd be extremely wary of a raise from UTG but my notes made me believe that this particular player is more likely to raise wider than most even from early position. My notes on this player were that he will make up the SB with total trash (I'd already seen him do this twice in this session with T6o & 94o!) & he will bet out if he hits ANY part of the board with them.

When the flop comes it looks fairly OK (it could have been a lot worse) but I also knew that it could have possibly hit oppo 2. Given my notes & the fact that he's shown some weakness, would it be reasonable to bet out here to see if we could take it down or with 2 overs on the board is it best to just check behind & see what the turn brings?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
OPPO 1 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £17.84
 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.80
  Your hole cards

OPPO 2 Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £37.68
silentbob Call  £0.60 £1.50 £27.59
 Fold     
OPPO 1 Call  £0.50 £2.00 £17.34
 Fold     
Flop

OPPO 1 Check     
OPPO 2 Check     
silentbob Bet or Check?    

Comments

• edited January 2011
    You mention bvb hands yet he's opening UTG here. Do your notes say anything about his post flop play, is he aggro/passive? if he's passive i'd be more inclined to bet. otherwise just check bink a 7 fill up vs straights and win maneys.