You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Value bet river?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
First things first, This past week has been a total disater at the tables for me. I'm either getting big hands cracked or not getting any value from them & I seem to have taken permanent residence in cooler city (or at least it feels that way).

However, I'm not naive enough to think that I've been playing perfect poker so I thought I'd post a few hands up for you kind peeps to help me look through what I'm doing.

I've been at this table for literally 5 minutes or so. I don't recognise oppo's name & have no notes on him so I can only go on what little I've seen in the past few minutes. My initial impression is that this guy is a serial limper, particularly with Ax suited type of hands. Up til this point I've seen A8 & A5 suited limped pre.

My biggest worry here is that he's called me with A4s. I think this is where my recent bad run may be doing me in because I also know that he could well have a multitude of other hands that I'm well ahead of too. If he did have the 4 then this wouldn't be the first time I'd fallen for a c/c on all streets

Probably a simple enough question then. Should I be value betting here & if so how much?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
OPPO Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £16.62
 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £17.44
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

silentbob Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £19.10
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Fold     
OPPO Call  £0.50 £1.40 £16.12
 Fold