You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Miracle turn card, what's your move?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This is the 2nd of 3 hands that I'm gonna post. This follows on from what I said in my first post about having a bit of a torrid time at the moment & on the occasions I'm hitting big I don't think I'm getting maximum value from the hands.

This is my very 1st hand at this table. I know absolutely nothing about the oppo so I wasn't too sure what to make of his flop raise. I figured that calling the flop was probably best because I'm only gonna fold out worse hands by raising & despite me having 2 pair myself I might even be behind to a set so I could at least re-evaluate on the turn.

As it happens the turn is a bit of a miracle card for me. I feel very confident that I probably have the best hand right now so want to get paid for it. Of course, should my oppo have had a set on the flop then I'm behind but I'm not even thinking about that because house over house is a rare beast.

I checked the turn to try & induce a bet which worked so what's the best move now? C/C or C/R here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
silentbob Big blind  £0.20 £0.20 £19.80
  Your hole cards

Fold     
OPPO Call  £0.20 £0.40 £21.05
 Fold     
 Fold     
silentbob Check     
Flop

silentbob Bet  £0.30 £0.70 £19.50
OPPO Raise  £1.00 £1.70 £20.05
silentbob Call  £0.70 £2.40 £18.80
Turn

silentbob Check     
OPPO Bet  £1.80 £4.20 £18.25
silentbob Flat or Raise?     

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I'd pot flop but w/e. You can 3 bet flop to get it is vs his A9/TT+  hands maybe even 8x or JTs/67s

As played c/r turn to 6-8, get it in if he raises if he calls jam any river except 8's.

I would still be c/r the turn on 2/4/6's with Q/K/A's too possibly depending on bet size, c/c 5/7/T. If turn is 8 we have to check and decide based on bet size timing feelings of spitefulness etc 
  • edited January 2011
    i'd check, such a dry board very unlikely for them to have any of it. If the opposition is reasonable then wont be stacking on overpair on a paired board call and any non 8 river try to maximise the value and bet out £5.80
  • edited January 2011
    I would flat call the turn for sure, value town the river and with any luck he will come over the top.... as long as he dont show 99lol
  • edited January 2011
    I'd raise it to about 5-6. He likes his hand enough to call. If he is on air he will fold/check river anyway.
  • ybyb
    edited January 2011
    I'd defo 3bet the flop against an unknown, as played I'd make it like 6.50-7 so we can get all his monies on the river.
  • edited January 2011
    beaneh & yb - You mention about 3 betting flop but wouldn't that just scream strength & fold out worse hands here? I figured that by flatting I could give him another chance to give me some more money on later streets.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Miracle turn card, what's your move?:
    beaneh & yb - You mention about 3 betting flop but wouldn't that just scream strength & fold out worse hands here? I figured that by flatting I could give him another chance to give me some more money on later streets.
    Posted by silentbob

he limped pre, he could have an overpair which he has fallen in love with etc etc it's nl20 innit!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Miracle turn card, what's your move? : he limped pre, he could have an overpair which he has fallen in love with etc etc it's nl20 innit!
    Posted by beaneh
    Cool, that makes sense. I think sometimes I just think about how I would likely play any given hand particularly pre, so maybe that stops me including hands in people's ranges that maybe I should be including (until they show me otherwise of course)

It seems I pretty much did the right thing though. I c/r up to £5 & he folded.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Miracle turn card, what's your move? : Cool, that makes sense. I think sometimes I just think about how I would likely play any given hand particularly pre, so maybe that stops me including hands in people's ranges that maybe I should be including (until they show me otherwise of course) It seems I pretty much did the right thing though. I c/r up to £5 & he folded.
    Posted by silentbob

just because you wouldn't call this or fold that doesn't mean your oppo thinks the same way hence notes and other stuff being so helpful.