You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

It's Tricky on Sky Poker! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***)

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Today marks the official end of the festive season, so it's back to business as usual at Sky Poker.  Tonight, Trevor and I bring you the £15k Bounty Hunter.  Both the £33 tournament and the TV show start at 8pm.

And here's another good reason to tune into channel 865 this evening: Sam Trickett - GUKPT winner and EPT finalist - will be our special guest star.  I last spoke to Sam at the 2009 World Series of Poker.  Not his finest hour...

But, as I predicted, he had much better fortune in the 2010 WSOP: six cashes, including the runner's up spot in the $5k NLHE (for $500,000+) and a 7th place finish in the prestigious $25k NLHE six-max event.

He's clearly a bit good at the pokerz, so we look forward to hearing him analyse the play in tonight's main event.  Why not tap into his expertise?  Send your questions to the usual address (skyopen@bskyb.com) or post them in this forum thread.

This evening's hot topic?  Well, I'd like you to share your personal poker goals for 2011: realistic targets you're setting yourself over the next 12 months.  I'll get things started...

1) Lose fewer than 3 BIs in every cash session.
2) Stop shoving 88 into 99.
3) Win more flips.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    wow going to be great show tonight then

as for poker goals:

1) defo run better
    2) Win a Main Event this year
    3) Win a seat to SPT

all definitely realistic for me, hopefully ill have done all this in next few months in an ideal world ;)
  • edited January 2011
    Hi James

I'm not a great cash player it has to be said so my goals are more extreme!

1. Lose fewer than 5 BIs in every cash session
    2. Stop shoving KK into AA
    3. Win a flip !!!

Its fair to say I am a far better live player than I am online, question for Sam...

What adaptations have you made from online to successful live player?

Regards
    Dave
  • edited January 2011

Hi James,

My goals are

1. To manage my bankroll properly and grind double your money sit and goes without killing myself through boredom.
    2. To satellite into a big live event
    3. To study the game more by reading books and working hard generally, while still having fun!

and finally, to laugh at gooners, including Trevor, when Spurs win something this year and they fail, yet again:)

• edited January 2011
    Oops forgot a question for Sam, right here it goes.........

Have you or would you ever look into playing high stakes on sky? eg. cash or tourneys

i know smaller bankroll but hey ho for a bit of fun
  • edited January 2011
    hi james i might be in the BH tonight depends on weather i can sat my way in as for goals of 2011 it would be

1:sat my way in the ME of most evenings

2:win a ME on sky this year

3:keep bankroll mamagement
  • edited January 2011

My new years goals, have turned into "new computer" goals, as and when It finally arrives! :)

The main one is to play alot more poker whilst sober, unfortunately it hasn't arrived yet, so I will be winning the bounty hunter tonight whilst under the influence instead :)

Also I want to learn to multi table alot more this year, which leads to my question for all 3 of you in the studio....

When you are multi tabling 6 max cash games online, at what point would you all personally say your own performance level begins to drop? Obviously if you are beating the games still, without playing at your best, it can still be beneficial to go for more volume....therefore....question 2.....

At what point (no. of tables) does it begin to drop to a level where adding more tables becomes counter productive to your overall profit in cash games?

For example you win 20xbb an hour playing 1, 11xbb an hour playing 2, playing 2 is gonna be more profitable than playing 1, even though your win-rate is lower.

Thanx, enjoy the show.

• edited January 2011
    Hi james gd luck with the show this evening :)

1 Have the courage to go in  £10+ tourney (im tight with money)

2 To sat into a live sky poker event (never played a live game)

3 let go of pocket aces when you know you are behind.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: It's Tricky on Sky Poker! (***OFFICIAL LIVE SHOW THREAD***):
    Hi james gd luck with the show this evening :) 1 Have the courage to go in  £10+ tourney (im tight with money) 2 To sat into a live sky poker event (never played a live game)   3 let go of pocket aces when you know you are behind.
    Posted by slaverchop
    let go of poket aces? i cant even let go of poket two`s on a 10JQK8 board
  • edited January 2011
    made it into the semi at 5 hopefully i can make it into BH now
  • edited January 2011
    Hi James, My goals are 1. To manage my bankroll properly and grind double your money sit and goes without killing myself through boredom. 2. To satellite into a big live event 3. To study the game more by reading books and working hard generally, while still having fun! and finally, to laugh at gooners, including Trevor, when Spurs win something this year and they fail, yet again:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Im echo'ing this as i have the same aspirations myself :D

P.S hate the gooners!
  • edited January 2011
    My new years goals, have turned into "new computer" goals, as and when It finally arrives! :) The main one is to play alot more poker whilst sober, unfortunately it hasn't arrived yet, so I will be winning the bounty hunter tonight whilst under the influence instead :) Also I want to learn to multi table alot more this year, which leads to my question for all 3 of you in the studio.... When you are multi tabling 6 max cash games online, at what point would you all personally say your own performance level begins to drop? Obviously if you are beating the games still, without playing at your best, it can still be beneficial to go for more volume....therefore....question 2..... At what point (no. of tables) does it begin to drop to a level where adding more tables becomes counter productive to your overall profit in cash games? For example you win 20xbb an hour playing 1, 11xbb an hour playing 2, playing 2 is gonna be more profitable than playing 1, even though your win-rate is lower. Thanx, enjoy the show.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    hi dohhhhhhh,

would the answer to both questions be "the lobby?"

• edited January 2011
    My new years goals, have turned into "new computer" goals, as and when It finally arrives! :) The main one is to play alot more poker whilst sober, unfortunately it hasn't arrived yet, so I will be winning the bounty hunter tonight whilst under the influence instead :) Also I want to learn to multi table alot more this year, which leads to my question for all 3 of you in the studio.... When you are multi tabling 6 max cash games online, at what point would you all personally say your own performance level begins to drop? Obviously if you are beating the games still, without playing at your best, it can still be beneficial to go for more volume....therefore....question 2..... At what point (no. of tables) does it begin to drop to a level where adding more tables becomes counter productive to your overall profit in cash games? For example you win 20xbb an hour playing 1, 11xbb an hour playing 2, playing 2 is gonna be more profitable than playing 1, even though your win-rate is lower. Thanx, enjoy the show.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Mac ftw!

• edited January 2011
    Question for Sam!

Out of all the young, up-coming British poker players(excluding yourself), whose game do you rate the most and why?

No sitting on the fence allowed.

• edited January 2011
    made it into the semi at 5 hopefully i can make it into BH now
    Posted by iBLUFF
    6/93 in the BH semi atm
  • edited January 2011
    2011 Goals

1.  Stop Going on Tilt
    2.  Play within my Bank Roll Management Guide lines
    3.  Cash at an SPT Event
    4.  Sat into a major event 

I thank You ;o)

• edited January 2011

Hope you have a good show tonight guys.

Question for Sam...

With England trouncing the Aussies in the Ashes and no doubt over taking them in the rankings and reputation around the world, do you think the BRITS have, or will,  take over the Americans in the poker world? 
  • edited January 2011
    Ibluff man, saw you finished on the bubble :-( you must of gone out the hand before the guy who finished 25th cos he was all in blind :-(
  • edited January 2011
    Question for sam.

How old was he when he made the break through to larger tournaments and the circuit?
    And also, how did he go about doing it.
  • edited January 2011
    Ibluff man, saw you finished on the bubble :-( you must of gone out the hand before the guy who finished 25th cos he was all in blind :-(
    Posted by christiann
    yh i was auto all in aswell the thing is the hand b4 i had KQ and i knew i should of shoved ://///
  • edited January 2011
    Im phone in guest tonight wiiiiii Thanks mandy. Im scared now thanks!
  • edited January 2011
    Greetings gents hope the show goes well.
    My main goal this year is to progress from the £2.20 deepstacks to the £5.50 buy in.
    A question for all...who has been the biggest pain in the backside that you have had the missfortune to play.

Best wishes laurie/lozgo

ps...Please, please, please show the 'word up' video!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    Hi James, does Sam share your love of the NFL?? do you think the Seahawks have any chance of becoming the first and probably only team with a losing record to reach/win the superbowl???

Best of luck to all attending SPT Newcastle, especially those on TKP...............the future is bright, the future is orange.........wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited January 2011
    can you show this hand guys? want to know if i played it right...

was the first hand i played in tourney!
  • edited January 2011
    Hi James, does Sam share your love of the NFL?? do you think the Seahawks have any chance of becoming the first and probably only team with a losing record to reach/win the superbowl??? Best of luck to all attending SPT Newcastle, especially those on TKP...............the future is bright, the future is orange.........wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Posted by JAEGERBOMB

+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

• edited January 2011
    can you show this hand guys? want to know if i played it right... was the first hand i played in tourney!
    Posted by Scottomus0
    Hand ID please?
  • edited January 2011
    LOL that would help eh....326546999

also this is my first £33 bh, sat'd in this afternoon :)
  • edited January 2011

Hand History #326558825 (20:25 06/01/2011)

put my opponent on draw - was i right?
    cheers
    andyr

• edited January 2011

What do all 3 gents do on the turn here?

I can't see how I can bet/fold, if I check, I'm giving up.

I think I would also jam my overpairs here, given the format and structre, but maybe it's abit transparent. With alot of draws and weak top pairs in his range, alot of the time he can't call?

And do you c bet that flop?

Thnx
  • edited January 2011
    my goals for this year

1 - sat to vagas
    2 - sat to live sky poker ( luton )
    3 - beat james in a race when he has pocket 10s and i`m short stack - lol
  • edited January 2011
    re my hand request as soon as he checked the turn i put him on the jack 10 - thanks for the analysis
    andyr