You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Omaha hand can I fold should I fold?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
10nl Omaha

A lot of limping in with weakish hand by most player, just one player at the table whom I give a lot of respect to but this is not XXX but he is not fool and I have him as a loose aggressive but this is the the first time I had seen him jam the pot however I noted he is very aggressive with any strong drawing hands.

He flatted me on the flop then shoved with the J which could not improve any draw in my books, I dont believe he would shove with a set of Js as the board is very str8 and flushy as he is no fool. Maybe he has a made str8 already best guess is the wheel in which case my outs or limited, any 3, the board pairing and a 6 for a str8 which would beat his wheel (of course the 6C would be a very dangerous card so not really an out).

If I did not have so much invested in the pot the fold would be a lot easier but do I have any fold equaity here or should I call grit my teeth spew and reload???

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancewaynecureSmall blind £0.05£0.05£10.65Blue_ZeroBig blind £0.10£0.15£8.41 Your hole cards373Q   susan1968Fold    ben170583Fold    xxxCall £0.10£0.25£12.93waynecureRaise £0.45£0.70£10.20Blue_ZeroFold    xxxCall £0.40£1.10£12.53Flop  543   waynecureBet £1.10£2.20£9.10xxxCall £1.10£3.30£11.43Turn  J   waynecureBet £3.30£6.60£5.80xxxAll-in £11.43£18.03£0.00

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Yep, there is made straight out there. higher sets, you have no further draws other then your hand i fold to all in

only call if hes a complete donkey imo
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Omaha hand can I fold should I fold?:
    Yep, there is made straight out there. higher sets, you have no further draws other then your hand i fold to all in only call if hes a complete donkey imo
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Cheers for the reply I am sure I am behind but what I want to know should I call on the pot odds, £5 to win £12 approx?
  • edited January 2011
    Although very good odds i admit i think additional outs eg. paired board can be dead. it really does depend he could have made straight which i would expect raise on flop and would be ideal if you want to call. if he has another set then we are drawing very thin as we have no other draws. If we had bottom set & Ax clubs or king then i would call but i think too often your drawing dead or to a miracle 3
  • edited January 2011
    It's omaha mate so alot of odds you may get in holdem,i say sort of disappear in omaha. You've got to fold, for me i don't think he's hit JJJ because theres a made straight out there already, which is what i put him on, he's seen the jack as a complete blank and is pushing all in on his straight with his possible flush draw too., (after he's got the extra street of value from you)

I grit my teeth and fold.

Also you might be getting the pot odds but you can only call if they correspond with you odds of winning the pot, which are slim with your only safe out being the 3 and then possible pairings on the board.
  • edited January 2011
    Very easy fold Wayne...too many hands in omaha out everything you so get rid...save yourself a fiver and find a better spot...

Even if you called end up winning this pot i would still question the call as to me a call here is an obvious leak in your game...also tighten your starting hands imho...

Hope to see you on a Sunday soon ;o)

xx

• edited January 2011
    I folded just wanted to know if I was correct
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Omaha hand can I fold should I fold?:
    Very easy fold Wayne...too many hands in omaha out everything you so get rid...save yourself a fiver and find a better spot... Even if you called end up winning this pot i would still question the call as to me a call here is an obvious leak in your game...also tighten your starting hands imho... Hope to see you on a Sunday soon ;o) xx
    Posted by TRIP5
    Happy New Year we will also have the new place doing Sunday Lunch in the next couple of weeks, you have to pass it to get to the Prospect will let u know more by PM