You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Area 51

edited November 2009 in Area 51

After suffering, witnessing and being on the lucky end of so many unbeleiveable bad beats i thought i would visit "Area 51". After reading some of the posts on here, im starting to understand some of the greivences that some players may have. I know i will probably be shot for saying things like this (by the sky poker hardcore) but on this site it seems the element of luck is by far more greater than actual poker skill.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    agreed, just lost 5 80% fav all ins in 3 tourneys .... thats just tonight.....but the software is fine and above board......only the brain washed not the poker hardcore will have a go m8..........trouble is sky do not listen.....if ALL these people moaning about the software you would think someone might just check it out instead of saying "yeah but we r monitored etc by alderney etc etc......no smoke without fire......i will get slaughtered for MY point of view but hey who cares,,,,,,,im entitled to it.....i am CONVINCED there is a problem....but i will be silenced again no doubt.....u cannot beat the BRAINWASHED......my proof? just see how many pocket prs make sets ..  end of
  • edited September 2009
    played 1 more just to check....all in with QQ against AQ ...  1st card on flop an ace......dear sky....please re programme your software to let best hand win now and again thanks
  • edited September 2009
    Luck will play a bigger part on this site for the simple reason the structures are faster ( some much faster ) than on other sites.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Area 51:
    played 1 more just to check....all in with QQ against AQ ...  1st card on flop an ace......dear sky....please re programme your software to let best hand win now and again thanks
    Posted by bullyfish

LOL
  • edited September 2009
    IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOING 2 HAPPEN WHY DONT YOU ADJUST YOUR PLAY. IVE NOTICED IF YOU DOUBLE OVER AND GET AN ALLINABLE HAND STRAIGHT AFTER YOU MORE OFTEN THAN NOT GET TURNED OVER.SO I CHUCK THEM AWAY. SO IF YOU ARE SURE THERE IS A PROBLEM WORK IT FOR YOU AND STOP CHUCKIN YOUR MONEY AWAY!
  • edited September 2009
    so what your saying is if you double up and then get dealt aces throw them away because they will more often than not lose.....if that is true then there is a serious problem......i for one would rather lose than throw them away
  • edited September 2009
    Anyone who folds aces in normal circumstances preflop online please follow these instructions:

1)  Turn off pc

2)  Unplug pc.

3)  Carry pc out to the wheelie bin

4)  Open lid of wheelie bin

5)  Place pc in wheelie bin

6)  Close lid of wheelie bin

7)  Transport yourself to the nearest mental institution

8)  Book yourself into said mental institution( explaining that poker is rigged should be enough to have you commited if this fails then tell them that you fold pocket aces! )

9)  Never ever ever play poker again.
  • edited September 2009
    SORRY DONT MEAN AA KK BUT IT MIGHT GO AGAINST ALL POKER REASONING AND MAY WELL BE A SOFTWARE GLICH BUT I FOLDED JJ 1010 IN FRIDAYS DEEPIE BOTH HANDS IM OUT 2 PLAYERS WITH AQ KQ IF I CALL AFTER THERE ALL IN
  • edited September 2009
    played one game today so far   had my KK all in pre flop against A9......do i really need to say what 1st card on flop was? one of 3 aces in deck........every time you have KK an ace seems to flop 9 outa 10 times......yet more proof software needs looking at
  • edited September 2009
    Posted by bullyfish
    so you would prefer to play poker that "lets the best hand win" instead of a random game???
  • edited September 2009
    Don't go all-in preflop all the time?  If you;ve got KK and you're so convinced that the first card on the flop is going to be an ace why don't you try getting to the flop cheaper? Then if you're right, and an ace is the first flopped card, you can a) fold your kings and b) make yourself a big shiny medal that says "I'm great" on it and wear it all day. (but not the next day).
  • edited September 2009
    REPTON I AGREE YOUR POST IS SAYING EXACTLY WHAT MINE WAS IF YOU ARE SURE THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SOFTWARE AS BULLYFISH IS THEN PLAY ROUND IT AND INSURE YOURSELF BY NOT JUST BANGING ON ABOUT IT AND PROVING YOURSELF CORRECT.
    ALSO THOUGHT I WOULD COME BACK TO THIS POST TO ADD TO MY FIRST POST, LAST NIGHTS DEEPSTACK 8 LEFT BLINDS AT 5K 10K IVE GOT 21K SO IN ALL IN OR NOTHING GET 66 ALL IN NO CALLS SO IM UP TO 36K NEXT HAND AA ALL IN AGAIN CALLED WITH AK IN COMES Q J 10.
    IM NOT SAYING  THERE OUT TO GET ME I WAS SHORTSTACKED FROM 25 LEFT TO WHEN I WENT OUT. HAD TO PUSH WITH 33 22 TO STAY IN EVEN DODGE BUBBLE WITH A7 ALL IN AGAINST KK.
    BUT IF 1 ALL IN WORKS THE NEXT YOUVE HAD IT!
  • edited September 2009
    dont get me wrong  i only ever push all in with these hands if i have to...short stacked etc  especially with kings i only ever raise 3/4 times bb as ace seems to pop all the time...i am not moaning as such but just believe theres a flaw.....and i certainly dont expect best hand to win all the time just the MAJORITY of the time......also i believe all the gripes etc on here are for the benefit of ALL players who just want fairness with the software......and b4 all the brainwashed come on yes i know its regulated......it would be nice if alderney put a reply on here tho sometime as they NEVER respond to anything direct.....DO THEY EXIST???
  • edited September 2009
    Bully why do you play on sky?
  • edited September 2009
    dont get me wrong  i only ever push all in with these hands if i have to...short stacked etc  especially with kings i only ever raise 3/4 times bb as ace seems to pop all the time...i am not moaning as such but just believe theres a flaw.....and i certainly dont expect best hand to win all the time just the MAJORITY of the time......also i believe all the gripes etc on here are for the benefit of ALL players who just want fairness with the software......and b4 all the brainwashed come on yes i know its regulated......it would be nice if alderney put a reply on here tho sometime as they NEVER respond to anything direct.....DO THEY EXIST???
    Posted by bullyfish
    u make some vg points m8 and it wud b nice 2 here from alderney
  • edited September 2009
    Anyone who folds aces in normal circumstances preflop online please follow these instructions: 1)  Turn off pc 2)  Unplug pc. 3)  Carry pc out to the wheelie bin 4)  Open lid of wheelie bin 5)  Place pc in wheelie bin 6)  Close lid of wheelie bin 7)  Transport yourself to the nearest mental institution 8)  Book yourself into said mental institution( explaining that poker is rigged should be enough to have you commited if this fails then tell them that you fold pocket aces! ) 9)  Never ever ever play poker again.
    Posted by RickyVilla
    LOL
  • edited September 2009
    This is the route to madness. Whether you believe the software is flawed or fixed, and whether you play on whilst moaning, or adjust your game to what you believe are pre-programmed scenarios, it's going to effect your approach to the game. There are no starting hands that are sure fire winners in the short term. AA will prevail in a one on one situation over an extended period, but there will be fluctuations in the short term. AA in a three handed, or more showdown becomes a very risky bet. The approach to these hands needs to be different than the auto all-in. Position and chip count relative to the blinds and the other players should detrmine your action.

Complaints that AA or KK or whatever lost the all-in are irrelevant in the short term. If you want to complain take your last 10,000 hand histories and count the number of times your AA or KK held-up compared to the times it failed. If it shows a large discrepency then post that and folk will listen and take notice. When Aldernay audit the rng they don't say to  themselves 'lets look at player X's all-ins on Friday night' they take data from millions of deals.

Claims of unfair deals are completely neurotic. When you fail someone else wins. Why should the site take a preference to any player over another? A player who loses regularly will eventually leave the site, and this happens all the time everywhere. What benefit the site gets from speeding up that process by giving certain players bad beats is non-existent.

Sometimes the answer is a much simpler one than all the conspiracy theories..........your game isn't up to it.
  • edited September 2009
    all bullyfishes hands like KK QQ etc seem to be all in, if you play like that your gonna get called by players with an ace sometimes and if you do it often enough your gonna get beaten. I go all in with those hands if the opponent is loose and i think they call with rag aces or low pair, im short stacked or its steep blind game(scary) most of the other times i put a nice raise in then see if a higher card comes on the flop (you can do this with 10-10 and JJ as well) if it doesnt then take the pot down, if it does you can get out of their and fight another day. If its the opponent pushing all in preflop and you have KK or QQ you have to be prepared to lose, thats poker. The trouble is players think they have an automatic right to win with these hands, there counting their winnings before the flop comes lol, if everyone won all the time with these hands then poker would be very boring, i love seeing bad beats it gives me a chuckle lol (unless its me lol) 
  • edited September 2009
    played one game today so far   had my KK all in pre flop against A9......do i really need to say what 1st card on flop was? one of 3 aces in deck........every time you have KK an ace seems to flop 9 outa 10 times......yet more proof software needs looking at
    Posted by bullyfish
    It just seems like 9 times out of 10 but they probably get beat 2-3 times out of 10. KK gets beat more so if its all in because the opponent is seeing 5 cards whereas if its not all in then the opponent may only see 3 cards 3/4 of the time if the correct bet is made after the flop
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: Area 51 : JUST NOW AND AGAIN WOULD BE NICE
    Posted by igimc
    But to manipulate the software would be doing the nvery thing you think is happening. If you want a site that purposely alters the outcome of hands then that site would be totally untrustworthy. Next you'll be saying that all players should win and lose the same amount by default then there would be no losers. The site would love that because we would all be recycling the same money around, nobody would go bust and the site would have an endless supply of rake. Get real.

Oh and I'm not what could be described as a Sky diehard, I only joined in July.
  • edited September 2009

Statistically it is possible for someone to be dealt AA every hand and lose every single time for there entire life. Otherwise if you are complaining about rigged software etc then you obviously dont understand odds in poker and are probably not very good at it if you are losing money. So instead of moaning look online for strategy articles. Bullyfish i dont really think you understand how poker works... your 'proof' comes from 6 handes... dont be ridiculous. And BADBOY985... there is just nothing to say to your claim... if that always happens why dont you throw AA in the muck as well? I think a little part of you realises your being stupid. And folding TT and JJ to an all in is not a bad move anyway... obviously depends on blinds etc etc.

• edited November 2009
    I have played on just about every poker site there is. I vouch for SKY as the best one at moment. If you think this site is fixed then do not play on it. Simples. Try other sites and i reckon you will come back eventually. over seasons/years bad beats and lucky wins/suckouts balance out.

I play live poker games too and you see even worse bad bears etc etc etc. book can be written...lol