You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Could I have of got paid more on the river?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok this is one of those lucky hands in the BB with no real desire to play this hand from this position but when it limps round to you check and see the flop.

My main question is about the river as the hand played its self out, I put XX on a Q so giving him a FH my thinking was check if he has a Q he will value town me, if he has nowt he will most likely fold to any value bet I make. So he does make the value bet I was expecting and I put in a good reraise, should I have shoved all in knowing there is a good chance he now has the FH getting max payout or was the bet size about right plus a shove may of looked a bit bluffish. Your thoughts please?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancestixySmall blind £0.05£0.05£3.87waynecureBig blind £0.10£0.15£27.66 Your hole cardsJ8   jspanner26Call £0.10£0.25£6.09ryan83Fold    xxCall £0.10£0.35£7.60AllGuettaCall £0.10£0.45£6.75stixyFold    xxCheck    Flop  88Q   waynecureBet £0.34£0.79£27.32jspanner26Fold     Call £0.34£1.13£7.26AllGuettaFold    Turn  2   waynecureBet £1.13£2.26£26.19xxCall £1.13£3.39£6.13River  8   waynecureCheck    xxBet £0.60£3.99£5.53waynecureRaise £4.04£8.03£22.15xxCall £3.44£11.47£2.09waynecureShowJ8   xxMuckQ6   waynecureWinFour 8s£10.60 £32.75

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I think you got paid about as much as you could but....

raise more flop pot it, rest looks like you got good value but dont like checking the river a weak bet would do the same job here, if they've missed completely or got a weak part of it your giving them a chance to see your cards for free!
  • edited January 2011
    shove people dont fold boats
  • edited January 2011
    doesn't look as though the guy knows how to raise.

You have to check on the river because they guy just calls your weak bet and you don't win much more anyway. Atleast checking gives him the chance to bet (God knows what the 60p was about), after that I would have probably done a pot size bet.

Can't see for certain but it looks like he only has another £2 behind too, so you might as well have gone for it.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Could I have of got paid more on the river?:
    shove people dont fold boats
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    I knew I had made a mistake not shoving hence my post ... thanks for the input
  • edited January 2011
    I think you got paid about as much as you could but.... raise more flop pot it, rest looks like you got good value but dont like checking the river a weak bet would do the same job here, if they've missed completely or got a weak part of it your giving them a chance to see your cards for free!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    With a 4 handed pot and the flush draw was trying to limit the pot at this point as i only had trip 8s, another Q or a spade I could be in trouble..... out of position as well.
  • edited January 2011
    doesn't look as though the guy knows how to raise. You have to check on the river because they guy just calls your weak bet and you don't win much more anyway. Atleast checking gives him the chance to bet (God knows what the 60p was about), after that I would have probably done a pot size bet. Can't see for certain but it looks like he only has another £2 behind too, so you might as well have gone for it.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Yes he only had about £2 left TBH I missed that at the time, other tables popping up and that bloody timer running out lol
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Could I have of got paid more on the river? : I knew I had made a mistake not shoving hence my post ... thanks for the input
    Posted by waynecure
    lol not being funny but why ask a question in which you knew the answer :|?...
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Could I have of got paid more on the river? : lol not being funny but why ask a question in which you knew the answer :|?...
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    OK will rephase I felt I had made a mistake and consulted my peers for their opinions which is what I thought this forum was about.