You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Showing your hand??

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi do you think you should ever show your hand in cash games? For instance maybe show a bluff to establish a looser image and maybe get paid more when do hit? Or do you think you image is pretty establish by your style of play (so showing a hand makes no difference)

Also is there every a case for showing the winning hand, if they fold?

Finally is this different for tournaments (where the players change around alot quicker)

Cheers

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Myself I would never show a bluff and will show strong hands to weak tables after bashing limpers now and again if the situation is right.... if they want info let them pay for it!
  • edited January 2011
    I only show if mates on table, or if i want info from the other person

try not to show at all, if you want a looser image just play a couple loose hands just dont lose too much
  • edited January 2011
    I never show a losing hand or a bluff.

I do however sometimes show a winning hand if I have a succession of strong hands AA, KK, QQ, AK etc just to let other players know  that when I make a strong bet i'm not just bluffing.

Showing strong hands can also help with your table image later on in the game when you are card dead, you can make a strong raise with air and usually get it through nicking a few blinds, however, I wouldn't recommend continually showing strong hands as this can give other players a better idea of your betting patterns, giving them the ability to narrow your holding cards down.
  • edited January 2011
    i NEVER bluff so no need to show my hands ;)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Showing your hand??:
    i NEVER bluff so no need to show my hands ;)
    Posted by iBLUFF
    lol think ur bluffing us m8
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Showing your hand?? : lol think ur bluffing us m8
    Posted by waynecure
    i never do , i only play aces i insta muck kings ;)
  • edited January 2011
    I never show a losing hand or a bluff. I do however sometimes show a winning hand if I have a succession of strong hands AA, KK, QQ, AK etc just to let other players know  that when I make a strong bet i'm not just bluffing. Showing strong hands can also help with your table image later on in the game when you are card dead, you can make a strong raise with air and usually get it through nicking a few blinds, however, I wouldn't recommend continually showing strong hands as this can give other players a better idea of your betting patterns, giving them the ability to narrow your holding cards down.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    100% with Trev on this.

Show your bluffs in cash games and you'll get called by the whole table next time you bet out with a strong hand and get stung. The only time i show these days is when i get a sucession of good cards and want the table to believe that i'm getting the goods.

Mac
  • edited January 2011
    ive only ever shown 2 hands 1 online a few months back when i hit a royal flush and the other thursday night playing live when i flopped quad aces and i got enough money out of them they are the only times i have shown hands just for the sheer fact that 1) these have been the only time i have had a royal flush and quads and 2) to make people have the impression of when i play a hand its going to be a strong hand so that they get rid of their junk hands this works fine in live tournaments especially late on when blinds are high and your just looking to steal a few cause not only does it give the impression last time you played a hand you were massive they will be less likely to call your raises/shoves cause they are not looking to get involved in races late on..... but online its a definite no to show hands it gives so much information and is something definitely not to do on sky cause every sky player has the advantage of making notes which can obviously stop you from making maximum when you do pick up them huge hands where your looking to double your stack..... but live i would every now and then show 1 of my cards in a tournament just for advantages late on when you are card dead and looking to steal cause live people will remember what you did previously and will tend to muck their weak suited cards weak aces etc..... sorry for rambling on but thats my overall opinion only show cards when you feel that showing will gain an advantage for yourself in present time and over time.
  • edited January 2011
    I show a successful bluff every now and then in tense MTT situations to tilt people and confuse them about my range, there's nothing wrong with that.
  • edited January 2011
    the only time i would show a bluff is to a DONK, so its very possible that you guys could have seen one....
  • edited January 2011
    I never show a losing hand or a bluff. I do however sometimes show a winning hand if I have a succession of strong hands AA, KK, QQ, AK etc just to let other players know  that when I make a strong bet i'm not just bluffing. Showing strong hands can also help with your table image later on in the game when you are card dead, you can make a strong raise with air and usually get it through nicking a few blinds, however, I wouldn't recommend continually showing strong hands as this can give other players a better idea of your betting patterns, giving them the ability to narrow your holding cards down.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Im with Trev here especially on the lowest levels. nothing worse than getting 3 premiums in a row where everyone folds off the first two then you get 5 callers with your 5x BB raise pre with Aces!!! Show them you aint messing about.....then mess about for a few lol!!!