You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nuts v solid 30nl reg, turn bet sizing?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I'm guessing he's a nit? I'd bet like 13-14ish.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DOHHHHHHH Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £44.71
    xxxBig blind  £0.30 £0.45 £51.72
      Your hole cards

Swerv444 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £11.67
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £0.15 £0.90 £44.56
    xxxCheck     
    Flop

DOHHHHHHH Bet  £0.60 £1.50 £43.96
    xxxRaise  £2.10 £3.60 £49.62
    Swerv444 Call  £2.10 £5.70 £9.57
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £8.00 £13.70 £35.96
    xxxCall  £6.50 £20.20 £43.12
    Swerv444 All-in  £9.57 £29.77 £0.00
    DOHHHHHHH Call  £3.07 £32.84 £32.89
    xxxCall  £3.07 £35.91 £40.05
    Turn

DOHHHHHHH
    I think I made a mistake on the turn in this hand - I got abit excited I think ! lol

The villain would be in my top 5 regs at this level, played 100s of hands together. He percieves me as loose, abit spewy sometimes, but he knows I do ok at this level.

He isn't a nit, but he aint spewy either, he's pretty solid, with moves.

It's unraised, so he can literally have any 2 here. When he raises my lead on the flop though, he's never doing this as a bluff in an unraised pot. I decided to make a large 3 bet on the flop - as I believed his range of hands was pretty strong, I can almost narrow it right down to a flopped 2 pair, and sometimes a set.

The shorty gets it in, so we go to the turn with £35 in the middle, and £32 behind.

I really didn't know what bet to make here. I got stuck - I never flop the nuts :(

What would you do, and why?
  • edited January 2011

^^^^^^^^

Sorry I had to post the hand so I could see it (for stacks n stuff) - write the background, then c n p it into O.P.
  • edited January 2011

With a dry side pot, if he's a thinking player, anything you bet now looks super strong.

Given that you have less than a PSB left, I would be tempted to jam, and hope he levels himself to call with 2 pair etc...

Alternative is to flick in a weak bet (£8 - £10?), which he can't fold to, and may even come over the top of.

• ybyb
    edited January 2011
    well if you bet anything less than the rest of your stack he'll know you're nutted.

I'd also pot the flop.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Nuts v solid 30nl reg, turn bet sizing?:
    well if you bet anything less than the rest of your stack he'll know you're nutted. I'd also pot the flop.
    Posted by yb
    he knows we have a v strong hand anyway. He's called the flop so he has at least 2 pair/set, maybe even A4. If we jam and he's good enough he's going to fold so much - plus with the all in he knows your going to showdown so this is rarely a bluff.

This is difficult spot to get value, whatever he does (shove/bet weak) isn't wrong. I'd just bet weaker myself. I said 13ish originally but having read the description i'd probs go even lower, maybe just over £10. 
  • edited January 2011
    as he the bb and raising that flop i think its safe to assume he has at least 2p so i'd try getting it in on the flop as theres a few cards that will kill our action on the turn

as played jamming turn is best
  • edited January 2011

I can't get it in on the flop when he flats my raise to £8, the shorty makes it £3 more - I can't raise again....

• edited January 2011
    All in, as i put them on set or 2 pair. with your image you are definately getting called unless they have overpair which is unlikely as i doubt they would limp

if they are calling a value bet then they are calling a shove, get it in and hope their on a set or 2nd nuts would be ideal :)
  • ybyb
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Nuts v solid 30nl reg, turn bet sizing? : he knows we have a v strong hand anyway. He's called the flop so he has at least 2 pair/set, maybe even A4. If we jam and he's good enough he's going to fold so much - plus with the all in he knows your going to showdown so this is rarely a bluff. This is difficult spot to get value, whatever he does (shove/bet weak) isn't wrong. I'd just bet weaker myself. I said 13ish originally but having read the description i'd probs go even lower, maybe just over £10. 
    Posted by pryce6
    If the oppo wasnt good then I would prob bet weaker because they are virtually never folding, but to a good reg our hand looks unbeliveably strong. I think the best way to get called is to shove and level him into thinking that we are trying to get him to fold a made hand so that we get to showdown with decent equity against the shorty.
  • edited January 2011
     if you wana level him chk raise simple lol
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Nuts v solid 30nl reg, turn bet sizing? : If the oppo wasnt good then I would prob bet weaker because they are virtually never folding, but to a good reg our hand looks unbeliveably strong. I think the best way to get called is to shove and level him into thinking that we are trying to get him to fold a made hand so that we get to showdown with decent equity against the shorty.
    Posted by yb
    yeah I see what you mean. He folds either way imo.
  • edited January 2011
    i dont get why you are talking about leveling. its a limped pot and we 3bet the flop we always have a set or better.
    i actually think flatting the flop raise is best if we are against a good reg
  • edited January 2011
    it's nl30 stop saying good reg like he's going to make iveystyle reads on us. 

we have FIVE IN A ROW

do a bet
  • edited January 2011
    his hand is pretty strong check turn he bets vs Dohhh to protect his equity you go allin hes committed easy game no dramas blah blah blah you get it in 100% of the time this way
  • edited January 2011
    it's nl30 stop saying good reg like he's going to make iveystyle reads on us.  we have FIVE IN A ROW do a bet
    Posted by beaneh
    Do you not think the fact that he's a good reg, rather than a bad reg/short stacker that's run good etc etc etc is relevant to the discussion and therefore the decision I make?

I dunno, you moan when people don't include info on the villain, and you moan when they do.

I have established it is a good time to do a bet.

I am unsure as to "how much" to bet.

And I would/should bet different amounts according to a players ability. Obviously.

• edited January 2011
    DONT BET ITS BAD LOL
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Nuts v solid 30nl reg, turn bet sizing? : Do you not think the fact that he's a good reg, rather than a bad reg/short stacker that's run good etc etc etc is relevant to the discussion and therefore the decision I make? I dunno, you moan when people don't include info on the villain, and you moan when they do. I have established it is a good time to do a bet. I am unsure as to "how much" to bet. And I would/should bet different amounts according to a players ability. Obviously.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I ship it on the turn, betting into a dry pot shows more strength than shipping it there and then.

Also if you do a small value bet on the turn, it get's called then suddenly the board pairs or the 3rd diamond comes and it stops you from then making another bet and affectly getting it all in.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Nuts v solid 30nl reg, turn bet sizing? : Do you not think the fact that he's a good reg, rather than a bad reg/short stacker that's run good etc etc etc is relevant to the discussion and therefore the decision I make? I dunno, you moan when people don't include info on the villain, and you moan when they do. I have established it is a good time to do a bet. I am unsure as to "how much" to bet. And I would/should bet different amounts according to a players ability. Obviously.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

'good reg' is relative.

You have less than the pot back, he has a strong hand obviously, strawberry jam all day.
  • edited January 2011

OH EM GEEEEEEEEEEE

HOW CAN I NOT STACK YOU THERE CORBETT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW T F CAN U FOLD !!
  • edited January 2011
    OH EM GEEEEEEEEEEE HOW CAN I NOT STACK YOU THERE CORBETT !!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW T F CAN U FOLD !!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lolz, u run like god v me...
  • edited January 2011
    what was the action on the turn and what did you fold?
  • edited January 2011
    he folded set of 3s.

it's a good fold obv...but srsly doh can show up with 2pair or 2s enough here I put it in anyway. And if he has the straight then we have outs.
  • edited January 2011
    did dohhh shove the turn?
  • edited January 2011
    doh bet 18 on turn
  • edited January 2011
    if you shoved turn wth are you doing?

it's like you want folds
  • edited January 2011
    1 minute 15 seconds onwards....
     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qPgrCFcwFk&feature=related !!!!

My bet was too big on the turn - but I shud have been able to pull out another 100, stick it on the table, put it in, and get a call.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Also if the shorty isn't involved I bet I get a call - curiosity would have killed the Corbett.
  • edited January 2011
    it's nl30 stop saying good reg like he's going to make iveystyle reads on us.  we have FIVE IN A ROW do a bet
    Posted by beaneh

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  !