You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

3bet sizing preflop KK weird action

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceLOL_RAISESmall blind £0.25£0.25£71.73hotflush44Big blind £0.50£0.75£47.50 Your hole cardsKK   BA14Call £0.50£1.25£19.56RedgeCall £0.50£1.75£42.80bull19Call £0.50£2.25£49.9415x imo
Raise £7.50£9.75£79.80                                                

Comments

• edited January 2011
    villain is kind of a semi reg, multitables, doesnt open limp etc and has posted in clinic before so would assume he is fairly competant.

i have seen him 3bet to 20bb with 100bb stacks on a few occasions (normally 3betting my isolation raise) but i dont know if this is only with super strong hands or he does this as a bluff also.

obv never folding we has king with another king. whatever we do its going to look pretty ridic strong esp. as we are 140bb deep

opinions on sizing?
  • edited January 2011
    min click it back?

I literally have no idea. We could raise and he probably folds TT-QQ.

I guess we could flat?

wtf

• edited January 2011
    What is he likely to do postflop if u flat?
    What is your image in his mind?
    What are the limpers images? 

If the limpers are donk/stationy who are likely both to limp call a standard raise to say £2.50 then he's obv trying to isolate 1 or take it down here.  Quite often he'll have 77-JJ or even QQ here but rarely AA imho.  His range also has to include AK/AQ favouring AQ as u have 2 K's and i think he raise AK less.
    If yr image is as a decent player he's going to be seeing a 3bet here as massive.  I probably just flat and see what happens.  A low flop would be nice so we can check-raise and try and get it in.
    As is normal i'm starting to waffle lol.  If you think he'll play aggressively postflop then flat pre and look to get it in on the flop. 
    If you have notes or experience that say he'll get in pre light (compared to KK) then i'd prob 3bet to about £19
  • edited January 2011
    I don't think there's a wrong move here though.  Whatever you do has merits...... that includes shoving
  • edited January 2011
    a note i have on him said that he 4bet/called preflop BvB with 88 125bb deep and his 4bet sizing was to 50bbs

so possibly bigger sizing = weaker/marginal hand not so sure.

my image is prob bluffy idiot
    limpers image are standard sky limpers nothing special about them i dont think
    dont have enough reads on him postflop to judge how he will play tbh. probably cbet and give up if he doesnt have anything

i think our cold calling range here looks super super strong. although anything except folding looks super strong.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: 3bet sizing preflop KK weird action:
           a note i have on him said that he 4bet/called preflop BvB with 88 125bb deep and his 4bet sizing was to 50bbs                 
    Um.... here is the answer to yr original question
  • edited January 2011
    3 bet smallish then and hope he just bashes the pot button...then does a few clicks up :)
  • ybyb
    edited January 2011
    Given both your images I think 3betting to like £17.50 is best - I think a 35bb 3bet is just about ok given your 140bbs deep. You arent really gonna be balanced but I doubt this sort of player will be able to exploit it.

• edited January 2011
    I certainly dont feel qualified to offer advice to you, but wouldnt a shove be the move that would make villains perception of your range at its widest.  You are never mr ak, A shove looks like AK.  You are an aggressive player, he will be willing to gamble more times vs you than a lot of other players.  Every move apart from a shove looks too strong imo.

BTW, hurry up and get ur br back and get the f off nl50 :-)
  • edited January 2011
    go all in he's not folding
  • edited January 2011
    I certainly dont feel qualified to offer advice to you, but wouldnt a shove be the move that would make villains perception of your range at its widest.  You are never mr ak, A shove looks like AK.  You are an aggressive player, he will be willing to gamble more times vs you than a lot of other players.  Every move apart from a shove looks too strong imo. BTW, hurry up and get ur br back and get the f off nl50 :-)
    Posted by OMahonyO

LOL raise is terrible, any advice you can give him he will appreciate. 

all stakes are the same except for skill levels. don't feel there is any hand you cant have a go at discussing.

put it this way if you say something dumb and have that pointed out as long as you can suck up being wrong then you'll learn and benefit from your initial post.
  • edited January 2011
    im for shoving
  • edited January 2011
    I certainly dont feel qualified to offer advice to you, but wouldnt a shove be the move that would make villains perception of your range at its widest.  You are never mr ak, A shove looks like AK.  You are an aggressive player, he will be willing to gamble more times vs you than a lot of other players.  Every move apart from a shove looks too strong imo. BTW, hurry up and get ur br back and get the f off nl50 :-)
    Posted by OMahonyO

well if you would stop calling and winning then  i will move up alot faster!

i did decide to just jam as obv no timebank and i was pretty much like wtfffff.

he had AKcc fwiw. and won the 'flip' :(
  • edited January 2011
    nice bad beat post you big girl.
  • edited January 2011
    it seems im not the only one to lose KK to AK.

lol pwnt
  • edited January 2011
    it seems im not the only one to lose KK to AK. lol pwnt
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

I wondered why you posted a new post in here, you goddammmm bawlbag sucking smegma tuurd a;lsdkjfaslkdjfj;asldkfjasdfasdfasdfsdf hahaaahahahaha
  • edited January 2011