You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Am I running bad or got a tight weak image

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic

This last few days has been some what of a nightmare and I am doubting my judgement calls, maybe I,m playing far to tight which gives me the table image of tight/weak.

I normally play 2 or 3 tables at a time for the usual reasons we do, I have this thing where I really hate to enter a uncontested pot without a raise unless I am set mining, always the same raise 4x weather AA or a much weaker hand. Of late after a raise and if called and hitting the flop I have bet 3/4 pot and depending on my read on the player the same bet should I miss, the last few days I have been hit with some big reraises when betting out by more than one player.... do I have a weak image?

Here are a few examples from last night action..

20nl 6 handed my stack 125BB not any reads on any player but a lot of limping with poor hands.

position 3 & 4 both limp 5 folds and myself D position with JT suited raise 4 + 2 BB, 3 & 4 flat call, flop comes down J 57 I bet 3/4 pot No 3 folds 4 goes all in with 85BB of course I have to fold.

Same table I have AK in BB, my stack 111BB 3 limpers when it gets back to me including SB, I raise 4x + 3BB the 2 limpers flat and SB folds flop comes down 99A, I lead out with 3/4 pot both limpers call again I lead out with a 1/2 pot bet limper 1 calls No 2 shoves all in with 156BB .... I fold.

After this I found myself getting 3 & 4 betted more than normal with no really strong hands to shove back with not just on this table but other tables too.

Am I running bad or playing bad I just dont know, these are my thoughts

1 Should I change my bet sizing
2 Look at limping more flops with connectors which does not make sense to me
3 widen/lessen my hand selection which is very ABC in early position and much wider in later postions
4 Call more when I have top pair but never happy with a single pair to a shove

I played 6 hours last night and ended £2 down at one point was down 400BB but half of that was down to having AA and QQ cracked by much weaker hands, but I still let 200BB go to other players when I had top pair so this worries me.

Sorry to ramble and hope you can offer some constuctive advise or criticism please

Comments

• edited January 2011
    20nl players won't realise anything, you're putting too much thought into it because they had good hands for once, they won't know anything about your game

if it continues for a while then maybe it's not just variance and you possibly have some leaks at which point you should post up some examples so people can analyse but this just looks like standard variance when raising light to me

the main thing is not lose confidence when betting and not being afraid to bet spots you usually would bet but have been raised there the last few times so are now a bit hesitant which is a massive issue if it starts happening