You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Has he caught a STR8?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Raise with the intention of getting stacks in. Fill up if you have to.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I have a lot of notes on mr XXX and more than happy to find a empty seat at a table he is at, my notes tell me he always defends his blind with very weak hands, calls far to manny raises and limps with any 2, always bets small on the flop when hitting a pair. I also wrote reckless, maniac, lose passive fish and over rates single pair and calls river bet with 2nd and third pair... get the picture!

This was only my 2nd hand after sitting down at the table and was dealt a small PP, the action folded round to garscull and decided to just set mine if this player called as I had no reads on them, post flop xxx fires out with his normall small bet so we can put him on a pair was my thinking so hit him with a pot size raise which as expected he called.
    Now when he pot bets the turn he worries me as he normally checks here as he is very passive, what do I do here as the board is a bit str8ish to feel my set is well ahead
    Has he hit the str8 or maybe 2 pair which to him will be the nuts????

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexxxSmall blind £0.10£0.10£21.62DN34689Big blind £0.20£0.30£19.70 Your hole cards77   KingZumFold    jtsn01224Fold    garscull1Call £0.20£0.50£27.09waynecureCall £0.20£0.70£20.12xxxCall £0.10£0.80£21.52DN34689Check    Flop  10Q7   arthur1965Bet £0.20£1.00£21.32DN34689Fold    garscull1Fold    waynecureRaise £1.40£2.40£18.72xxxCall £1.20£3.60£20.12Turn  9   XXXBet £3.60£7.20£16.52waynecure????    
  • edited January 2011
    If your reads are right then he will have a pair on the flop and therefore can't have the straight so do what YB said above.

btw that's the turn not the river and its a straight or str8 not st8 :)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Has he caught a ST8?:
    If your reads are right then he will have a pair on the flop and therefore can't have the straight so do what YB said above. btw that's the turn not the river and its a straight or str8 not st8 :)
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Bet ur a school teacher by day lol OK SIR I have corrected it in my defence its late
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Has he caught a ST8? : Bet ur a school teacher by day lol OK SIR I have corrected it in my defence its late
    Posted by waynecure
    lol soz.
  • edited January 2011
    Raise with the intention of getting stacks in. Fill up if you have to.
    Posted by yb
    Thanks for the input YB with my reads felt he had 2 pairs best and decided to stack the pot, just wanted to know that this was not a donk/crazy play with this board.... tried to post the hand again but wont copy