You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Easy Fold?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
LEARNERMAN Small blind  20.00 20.00 2905.00
hammett Big blind  40.00 60.00 3780.00
  Your hole cards

iBLUFF Raise  160.00 220.00 8272.50
sirlordy1 Fold     
skinny1988 Fold     
LEARNERMAN Fold     
hammett Call  120.00 340.00 3660.00
Flop

• Q

hammett Bet  160.00 500.00 3500.00
iBLUFF Raise  490.00 990.00 7782.50
hammett All-in  3500.00 4490.00 0.00
iBLUFF ???               

this was in the 4pm freeroll he donks flop i raise for info so is it a easy fold when he shoves? advice please

Comments

• edited January 2011
    just call flop

you shouldnt be raising for info

you raise for value or as a bluff.  TT on a Q 6 8 flop is neither

as played fold
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Easy Fold?:
    just call flop you shouldnt be raising for info you raise for value or as a bluff.  TT on a Q 6 8 flop is neither as played fold
    Posted by scotty77
    as he leads out i 60% sure he has a Q but if i raise as i did and he shoves then i no were i am i in the hand.. is that the right way to play it?
  • edited January 2011
    what are you raising for? Value or a bluff? 

If its a bluff its a fold. If its for value its still a fold as he tells you TT is no good, however if your 100% sure a Q isnt in his range i call. I think because of the play we can rule out 66, 88 and QQ. So that takes out sets. 

Im encouraged to think he was something like AQ/AKcc. Therefore its a simple laydown imo. 
  • edited January 2011
    dont turn your 10s into a bluff here, flat the flop lead he could have a fd, the chips you have wasted here you could have used them to call his turn bet, you dont need to raise for info because he will tell you how strong his hand is on later streets
  • edited January 2011
    what are you raising for? Value or a bluff?  If its a bluff its a fold. If its for value its still a fold as he tells you TT is no good, however if your 100% sure a Q isnt in his range i call. I think because of the play we can rule out 66, 88 and QQ. So that takes out sets.  Im encouraged to think he was something like AQ/AKcc. Therefore its a simple laydown imo. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    well as i still belive there was a chance my 10`s were good i raised but he never flats with a Q as they dont no how to lay down Q2, but what about flush draw do u think he could of been playing flush draw? 
  • edited January 2011
    dont turn your 10s into a bluff here, flat the flop lead he could have a fd, the chips you have wasted here you could have used them to call his turn bet, you dont need to raise for info because he will tell you how strong his hand is on later streets
    Posted by N1CK
    i just felt if i raised and he shoved he had Q, if i raise and he flats he had flush draw and if i raise and he had nothink he justs folds. the reason i think this is because its a freeroll 90% of the players in it play there hands ABC so if they got Q they think its the nutz as they have got top pair and they shove, if they got FD they call to see if they hit.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Easy Fold? : i just felt if i raised and he shoved he had Q, if i raise and he flats he had flush draw and if i raise and he had nothink he justs folds. the reason i think this is because its a freeroll 90% of the players in it play there hands ABC so if they got Q they think its the nutz as they have got top pair and they shove, if they got FD they call to see if they hit.
    Posted by iBLUFF
    read my post again and tell me if you can see any advantages playing it that way compared to the way you played it
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Easy Fold? : read my post again and tell me if you can see any advantages playing it that way compared to the way you played it
    Posted by N1CK

yh i have read it, its just i thought its best to find out were i am now rather than later streets, i must of played it wrong.
  • edited January 2011
    it would cost you the same if not less chips by just calling to find out were you are and you get the chance for your hand to improve