You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What happened next?

edited September 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy

Early doors in last night's £3 Orfordable. 96 runners, 5,000 starting points, & we are on Level 4 or 5.

All three of us in this hand were playing quite deep, & there were still 77 runners left.

EP makes it 1,200, Mid-Pos jams for 11,000.

I had QQ.

What happened next? And why.

Comments

• edited September 2009
    You folded.

Because you'd fallen asleep! (?) lol ;-)
  • edited September 2009

Tricky,  however with the timer running down and knowing i'd be calling for my tournament i'd ..............

Call .....eeeekkkkkkkkkkk ?

Reason is this,       In tournaments you have to  look for opportunities that can get  you  into a position where you can play the rest of the tournament without too  much pressure.
      You always know that when it gets to the laters stages your going to have to make a move with  a  lot less holdings than QQ because   the Blinds will be massive.  
    So for me with only two hands  AA KK beating me  i'd gamble now than later near the bubble..

Benny         
  • edited September 2009

Tikay, i would need to know how the other players had been playing to make a specific decision. But generally in a deepstack and "all playing quite deep" i would fold here.

Reasons:

1.EP raise on 10 handed table is quite often a very strong hand eg AA KK AK.
    2. The reshover with 11k would usually have at least AK, or a strong pair. (some players would slowplay AA or KK here, but many would make a decent rereaise.

However, it comes down to what i know about the other 2 players and the sorts of hands they would be doing this with. If i think the EP player may fold if i call, and the mid position reraiser is a loony, i will call.

In most other circumstances i would fold and wait for a spot where i could get my chips in first. Besides there is plenty of time in a deepstack to find a better spot. I dont really want to be up against two other players with QQ...especailly with the real risk of being up against KK or AA. Too tight?, well thats up for debate.

So as a rough guess, i will call about 1 time in 4. I think you folded for the reasons above... but i dont actually know what you did!

Greg

• edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: What happened next?:
    Tikay, i would need to know how the other players had been playing to make a specific decision. But generally in a deepstack and "all playing quite deep" i would fold here.   Reasons: 1.EP raise on 10 handed table is quite often a very strong hand eg AA KK AK. 2. The reshover with 11k would usually have at least AK, or a strong pair. (some players would slowplay AA or KK here, but many would make a decent rereaise. However, it comes down to what i know about the other 2 players and the sorts of hands they would be doing this with. If i think the EP player may fold if i call, and the mid position reraiser is a loony, i will call.   In most other circumstances i would fold and wait for a spot where i could get my chips in first. Besides there is plenty of time in a deepstack to find a better spot. I dont really want to be up against two other players with QQ...especailly with the real risk of being up against KK or AA. Too tight?, well thats up for debate. So as a rough guess, i will call about 1 time in 4. I think you folded for the reasons above... but i dont actually know what you did! Greg
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I 2nd this. More needs to be known about the players history, but if everyone was in line I think I fold.  At the best ur flipping imo
  • edited September 2009
    I'm folding here, better spots to put your chips in later.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: What happened next?:
    Tikay, i would need to know how the other players had been playing to make a specific decision. But generally in a deepstack and "all playing quite deep" i would fold here.   Reasons: 1.EP raise on 10 handed table is quite often a very strong hand eg AA KK AK. 2. The reshover with 11k would usually have at least AK, or a strong pair. (some players would slowplay AA or KK here, but many would make a decent rereaise. However, it comes down to what i know about the other 2 players and the sorts of hands they would be doing this with. If i think the EP player may fold if i call, and the mid position reraiser is a loony, i will call.   In most other circumstances i would fold and wait for a spot where i could get my chips in first. Besides there is plenty of time in a deepstack to find a better spot. I dont really want to be up against two other players with QQ...especailly with the real risk of being up against KK or AA. Too tight?, well thats up for debate. So as a rough guess, i will call about 1 time in 4. I think you folded for the reasons above... but i dont actually know what you did! Greg
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    There is no "right" answer as such, imo, but GREG mirrors  my thinking just about perfectly.

The EP Raiser was a pretty solid player, & this was a 10-handed Table. As such, I think his hand is probably very strong. The trouble is - I don't know what he will do if I Call. Because of the Mid-Pos Shove, we now have no way of judging the strength of the original Raiser's hand without committing our stack.

The Mid-Position Shover - well it's easy to assess his hand, it has to be A-K. In effect, he played his hand face-up.

It's way too early in this Tourney - I had 50% above average stack - to be taking on a race.

I Passed my Q-Q, & the EP Raiser Called.

They both had A-K, & one of them hit his flush.