You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

raise?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i've played poker for 6years and i'm sure this is been asked before on here but isnt a raise suposed to be double? why isnt it on here? surely you cant have a poker site with the wrong rules in place? is it me? am i missing something?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    what?? you need to explain better m8
  • edited January 2011
    i bet the blinds are involved in this conspiracy
  • edited January 2011

Loooooooooooling at this post! :D

A raise can be whatever you choose it to be..... If thats what u mean?

It dosnt have to b double the initial bet

• edited January 2011
    excuse me but why are you mocking when you obviously have no idea? if the blinds are 10/20 and someone raises to 100 are you saying someone can then reraise to 110 and then rereraise to 120? lmao ,wow you fool!
    If a raise comes in to say 120,the reraise must be at least double the initial raise to 240 or above.
    this doesnt happen on sky,thats what i am saying
     Wow such pompous people on here
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: raise?:
    excuse me but why are you mocking when you obviously have no idea? if the blinds are 10/20 and someone raises to 100 are you saying someone can then reraise to 110 and then rereraise to 120? lmao ,wow you fool! If a raise comes in to say 120,the reraise must be at least double the initial raise to 240 or above. this doesnt happen on sky,thats what i am saying  Wow such pompous people on here
    Posted by x-tiler
    prove it ..
  • edited January 2011

excuse me but why are you mocking when you obviously have no idea? if the blinds are 10/20 and someone raises to 100 are you saying someone can then reraise to 110 and then rereraise to 120? lmao ,wow you fool! If a raise comes in to say 120,the reraise must be at least double the initial raise to 240 or above. this doesnt happen on sky,thats what i am saying  Wow such pompous people on here
    Posted by x-tiler
    paste a hand history were you think this happens i bet your mistake is involving blinds
  • edited January 2011
    a reraise has to be atleast double the previous raise. not double the previous bet.

at 50/100 if someone raises to 250. the minimum amount another player can raise to is 400.

this is becaues the first player raised 150 chips (from 100 to 250) so the next raise has to be at minimum (250+150) = 400.
  • edited January 2011
    Its a shame of late that certain people have been posting on players threads uncalled for comments that do not relate to the questions asked by players trying to improve or understand the game better. One must presume these persons are very immature and most likely not even of the legal age to hold a membership of an ADULT gambling site. I do hope the MODS take note of these peoples and if these comments continue some action is taken against them as it mars the spirit of this forum.
  • edited January 2011
    Its a shame of late that certain people have been posting on players threads uncalled for comments that do not relate to the questions asked by players trying to improve or understand the game better. One must presume these persons are very immature and most likely not even of the legal age to hold a membership of an ADULT gambling site. I do hope the MODS take note of these peoples and if these comments continue some action is taken against them as it mars the spirit of this forum.
    Posted by waynecure
    totally agree