You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

My personal gripe with Sky Poker's MTT's.

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Guy's and Gals,

I love this site and love watching the show but i have one major problem with site which is the format of the MTT's. Although i have found like 1 or 2 here and their, there never seems to be a decent MTT 9 or 10 seater, i like playing on Sky Poker but am some times put off from playing the MTT's especially the larger tourneys like the PRimo etc because of the short handed format of the 6 seat MTT. the amount of times i have played a MTT on Sky £22 buyin or more i get 3 hours in or more and get within 20 seats of the pay scale say top 50 and my table ends up wit 4 people for a few hands true they do balance up but at the blind size at that end of the tournament and the added difficulty of it also being even more shorthanded it becomes a cr*p shoot alot earlier than it should for instance i made it to the last 100 of the £55 BUYIN Primo last week i think i had say 17000 chips and had just less than average and was in the top 35 out of 105 or so and i am dealt AA  so i shove out of the blinds for 17000 an i get called by the cut off who turns over K7 off the flop comes three hearts which i have none but guess what his three is a heart and surprise surprise the heart came on the river and i am out, this has happened alot to me on Sky as people seem to think they have to push more due to the structure, I play a lot on sites where they have 10 seat standard MTT format and when there are say 1000 players and 100 paid when you get to the last 100 with less than the average you still have alot of play as you have longer to wait for hands and i also find players tend to be less likely to call you light when it is 10 handed as they are waiting for a stronger holding.
So can we petition for a few more 9 or 10 major MTT tounreys on Sky.
P,s if i have rambled my apologies that would be the J.D and coke lol. hope people agree with my rant. enjoy the new year as well.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    the original reason why 10 seat MTTS weren't pushed was because that the software for the TV studio couldn't handle it.

also 10 handed tables take a lot longer to complete.  a lot of players want a (relatively) quick and fast poker tournament so they aren't attracted to them.

the best supported 10 handed tournie on the site is probably Tikay Sleepstack (Wednesday at 7 I think), and many times I've seen people complain about hwo slow the action is/how they are confused as to why the tables bigger lol.

its just that Sky has chosen to go down the 6max route.

there are a few slower structure tournies around.  i don't know what your BR is but the 2.20/22 Deepstacks that run 7.15 usually have a lot of play in them and attract fairly decent sized fields.  the £4k Double Stack on a Wednesday also has a lot of play in and the Friday night Rebuy Open actually plays really well too, especially after the break.

but yeah if large field 10 handed tournie poker is your thing you might need to go to other sites....don't spend all your time there tho :)