You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHAT DOES TSP GET?

ckdckd
edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

there was alot of people including me that didnt know what you get with the tsp spot

can some1 from sky put it up on what you do get so every1 is clear

Comments

• edited January 2011
    They automatically get a free 1k seat into a MTT (probs GUKPT) and then after that, they get their rakeback doubled with 1 half being used to go towards other live MTTs.
  • edited January 2011
    I think you may have to sweep the studio floor.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHAT DOES TSP GET?:
    They automatically get a free 1k seat into a MTT (probs GUKPT) and then after that, they get their rakeback doubled with 1 half being used to go towards other live MTTs.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    do they get a bankroll?

and with the cash for points if you get 5000 in a month then they make it up to 10000 with 5000 being put towards your bankroll then
  • edited January 2011
    A. Sort of
    B. No

If they got 5k points thats £100, so they would get their £100 as usual, but then they would have a "Live account" where the other 100 goes, once they can either play as many MTTs as possible or save it for a bigger mtt. So IMO to make this worthwhile they need to be raking a minimum of 8k points, so they could do a couple of DTD300's. If they want to do a GUKPT they need to be making 12k points as thats £350 and they only get a 3 month contract.

Hense why this promotion is not that great for MTT and STT players and much favours cash grinders (Unless they put alot of hours in).
  • edited January 2011
    personally the best way to get into TSP is to grind STT/MTT for 3 months and then as soon as you become a member mutli table nit it up so you can get something like 2k minimum CFP/month.  give you a 2k live BR to hit the festivals with once a month EZ game.
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2011
    A. Sort of B. No  If they got 5k points thats £100, so they would get their £100 as usual, but then they would have a "Live account" where the other 100 goes, once they can either play as many MTTs as possible or save it for a bigger mtt. So IMO to make this worthwhile they need to be raking a minimum of 8k points, so they could do a couple of DTD300's. If they want to do a GUKPT they need to be making 12k points as thats £350 and they only get a 3 month contract. Hense why this promotion is not that great for MTT and STT players and much favours cash grinders (Unless they put alot of hours in).
    Posted by FlashFlush
    so if your a small stake mtt /stt player its not going to work well for you then ie 30p up to 5.50dym

i know you would get the 1k mtt seat so theres that but for the rest of it youd need to up your levels or hours to make good
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2011
    personally the best way to get into TSP is to grind STT/MTT for 3 months and then as soon as you become a member mutli table nit it up so you can get something like 2k minimum CFP/month.  give you a 2k live BR to hit the festivals with once a month EZ game.
    Posted by scotty77
    when you say hit 2k that means 4k so you would get £35 in your live account is the £1k live account every month or 1k for the 3 months
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by scotty77
    Yes this is the best way and I know thats what you did.

The only trouble is you miss out on 3 months of cash rake while you do this, and then you still have to win a 30 man mtt
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHAT DOES TSP GET? : when you say hit 2k that means 4k so you would get £35 in your live account is the £1k live account every month or 1k for the 3 months
    Posted by ckd
    He means 2k in £ (40k points)
  • edited January 2011
    i mean 2k in pounds not 2k in points lol.

getting a 35£BR put in a live roll every month would be redic lol.
  • edited January 2011
    i mean 2k in pounds not 2k in points lol. getting a 35£BR put in a live roll every month would be redic lol.
    Posted by scotty77
    Out of interest can you give an estimate of what it takes to hit 40k points in a month in terms of level/tables/hours by any chance?
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHAT DOES TSP GET? : Yes this is the best way and I know thats what you did. The only trouble is you miss out on 3 months of cash rake while you do this, and then you still have to win a 30 man mtt
    Posted by FlashFlush

TSP didnt enter my head.  if it did i woulda had a 10k  starting stack lololol

by the way check faceyBBBBBBBB
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHAT DOES TSP GET? : He means 2k in £ (40k points)
    Posted by FlashFlush
    lol thought he meant 2k points sorry

ty for your help with this clears it up a bit
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHAT DOES TSP GET? : Out of interest can you give an estimate of what it takes to hit 40k points in a month in terms of level/tables/hours by any chance?
    Posted by JohnConnor
    I find 6 tabling 50p/£1 is 300 points an hour. (which is what I do). If you play everyday (lets call it 30 days) you need 1300 points a day, so about 4.5 hours a day everyday.
  • edited January 2011
    What worried me since this was announced some weeks ago is if an mtt/stt player felt obliged to try and make lots more points by playing cash, play over their roll, and lose a bunch of cash.  I certainly don't advocate scotty's idea of non cash players grinding cash.,.,,,,,Just play yr normal game and enjoy the GUKPT and whatever other positives you can take from the experience
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHAT DOES TSP GET? : Out of interest can you give an estimate of what it takes to hit 40k points in a month in terms of level/tables/hours by any chance?
    Posted by JohnConnor
    50nl its 9 points for 20 raked hands.

Lets say you see 40/hr.

8 tabling 50nl for 8 hours per day will see CFP per month of 35k.  Mix in a couple of extra hours here and there/some 100nl shots can hit 40k comofortbaly.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHAT DOES TSP GET? : I find 6 tabling 50p/£1 is 300 points an hour. (which is what I do). If you play everyday (lets call it 30 days) you need 1300 points a day, so about 4.5 hours a day everyday.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    OK, thanks mate - very helpful. Just need to learn cash to 0.50/1 standard now. Hmmm......
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHAT DOES TSP GET? : I find 6 tabling 50p/£1 is 300 points an hour. (which is what I do). If you play everyday (lets call it 30 days) you need 1300 points a day, so about 4.5 hours a day everyday.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    lol - it takes me 2 weeks to achieve this amount of points :)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHAT DOES TSP GET? : 50nl its 9 points for 20 raked hands. Lets say you see 40/hr. 8 tabling 50nl for 8 hours per day will see CFP per month of 35k.  Mix in a couple of extra hours here and there/some 100nl shots can hit 40k comofortbaly.
    Posted by scotty77
    Thanks Scotty :-)
  • edited January 2011
    Although...... somewhat unfairly...... you can grind 10p/20p and get the same points as grinding 50p £1 :(
    Posted by cottlad

what?
  • edited January 2011
    I dont think this promo is aimed at the 'fun' players, and low rollers wouldnt accumulate enough points for entry and rightly so, i suppose they want committed high rollers to represent the sky brand in live events, not some donks like me lol. I believe the members get at least 1 tourney entry worth £1000, a 3 month minimum sponsorship which the team can extend if they so wish (i suppose if you win a big live one) The double your points i believe they use the extra for other events (live and on line) so if you only play low stake its not worth it, especially if you have high travel expenses (such as an irish or scottish highland qualifier)
  • edited January 2011
    cottlad is just moaning cause he's a nit so doesn't get involved in as many pots as others and therefore earns less points than LAGs etc which is the way it should be

i think
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: WHAT DOES TSP GET? : what?
    Posted by scotty77
    I lied...... that's poker points :)
  • edited January 2011
    cottlad is just moaning cause he's a nit so doesn't get involved in as many pots as others and therefore earns less points than LAGs etc which is the way it should be i think
    Posted by zing
    Moaning?
    Prepares himself for yet another sky classic personal abuse thread :)
  • edited January 2011
    Game TypePointsRaked Hands
    £1.50 / £3.00 and Above3020
    £1.00 /£2.002420
    £0.50 /£1.001820
    £0.20 / £0.40 - £0.40 / £0.80920
    £0.10/ £0.20 - £0.15 / £0.30520
    £0.02 / £0.04 - £0.05 / £0.10220
  • edited January 2011
    cottlad is just moaning cause he's a nit so doesn't get involved in as many pots as others and therefore earns less points than LAGs etc which is the way it should be i think
    Posted by zing
    Everyone gets the same. Not based on hands you win!
  • edited January 2011

Playing 8 hours a day every day is easier said then done. I aim for 24k points a month, and I play quite alot.

• edited January 2011
    Exactly.  I could play 35% of pots and not increased the average raked number of pots by a great deal
  • edited January 2011
    i thought it was based on pots won a bit

o well i should read more i guess mybad
  • edited January 2011
    i thought it was based on pots won a bit o well i should read more i guess mybad
    Posted by zing
    The league is hands won, the C4P is quantity