You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call or Fold?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic

I was playing in the Deepstack tourney ( £ 2.10 buy in ) i am farely new to online poker and jw if i made the right decision

I was down to the final 4 in the deepstack and there was only about 30/40 runners and top 3 got paid!
the chip stacks were quite even between all for of us and so any ones to win one the final table i wud say i had quite a tight image and i was dealt pocket Kings and i raised 3 times the big blind and the chip leader put me all in

it seems a stupid question to ask shud i of called this but 3/4 wud get paid and i wud be out if i lose i dint have a great read on this kid but i decided i could not lay down the kings and so i called and he turned over ace ten
so i was quite happy but.... he his his ace and i was out 1 of being paid

should i lay this down 1 of being paid?

Comments

• edited January 2011

You should not lay this down, ultimately you are playing to win so if you did win this hand then you are greatly improving your chances of 1st place.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Call or Fold?:
    I was playing in the Deepstack tourney ( £ 2.10 buy in ) i am farely new to online poker and jw if i made the right decision I was down to the final 4 in the deepstack and there was only about 30/40 runners and top 3 got paid! the chip stacks were quite even between all for of us and so any ones to win one the final table i wud say i had quite a tight image and i was dealt pocket Kings and i raised 3 times the big blind and the chip leader put me all in it seems a stupid question to ask shud i of called this but 3/4 wud get paid and i wud be out if i lose i dint have a great read on this kid but i decided i could not lay down the kings and so i called and he turned over ace ten so i was quite happy but.... he his his ace and i was out 1 of being paid should i lay this down 1 of being paid?
    Posted by DPhillips
    Hi DPhillips, welcome to Sky.

The short answer to your question is no and the long answer is definitely no.

You were a 70% favourite to win the hand so happy days. You were just unlucky but you must never let luck affect your decision making in the future - next time you'll win it.

Best of luck at the tables.

Jingle.

• edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    it depends all on stack sizes, but most likely you should be calling
  • edited January 2011

How frustrating.

Its a sigh call, half knowing you will be outbinked. But ye, its unfoldable.

Better luck next time.