You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Advice needed for playing against LUNATICS.

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
How do you play against lunatics that will call any raise you make and chase everything to the river?

Basically I'm talking about my local live game. It's generally the same 20 odd guys and they mostly seem to play a style so contradictory to anything I've ever learnt about the game it's impossible to read anything into bet sizes or actions or anything.

I've risen 5xbb with KK to be taken down with 10,8o. I've had people calling my big raises without looking at their cards. Back door 2 pair draws seem to be a notable tactic. Nearly every pot is contested at least 4 ways. I've lost count of how many times AA has been cracked.  And this was just last night. Argghhhh.

How do I adapt to this, quite frankly, terrible play? Do I also become a serial limper/caller? Are any hands even worth raising?

Please no-one say this is the type of players you want to play against as you'll eventually win because believe me, I don't and I'm not.

Comments