You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TREVOR HARRIS FRIDAY CHALLENGE

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

Greetings all (and especially to everyone I met up at Newcastle at the weeeknd),

The powers that be at Sky Poker have bitten the bullet and got me back on the Play the Presenter trail.

The conversation went something like:

Sky Claire: Would you like to get back on Play the Presenter Trevor?

Trevor: Great - I'm presuming this will be cash poker Claire.

Sky Claire: Don't be silly - we want to see if you can play sit n go's as well as cash!

Trevor: Gee thanks!

So the upshot is as follows:

Over the next three Fridays I'll be playing a variety of sit and go's with a maximum buy in of £5. These will be both hold em and omaha and also include some double your money games.

I am starting with a bank of £100 - the challenge is to see whether I can show an overall profit over the three Fridays (15 hopurs of play total from 7pm until midnight).

Your task - should you wish to accept it - is to stop me making any profit and possibly bust me completely!

I will be joining these sit and go's at random so if you are on the site on Friday you'll spot me trying to show that cash players can succeed in sit and go's.

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!!!!

Trev

Comments

• edited January 2011
    see you on friday then.del
  • edited January 2011
    sounds good why friday?? so you have it easier against alot of drunks ;)

i will try to join in as often as possible, be warned im not often drunk at the tables
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: TREVOR HARRIS FRIDAY CHALLENGE:
    HU Trev ?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Probably no HU doh - obviously I want to involve as many Sky Poker players as I can - although maybe we will have 1 HU on final Friday.....if I am still solvent! 
  • edited January 2011
    Sky Claire: Would you like to get back on Play the Presenter Trevor?

Now, was this as above, or, was it WOULD you like to get back on Play the Presenter TREVOR! lol
  • edited January 2011
    Sky Claire: Would you like to get back on Play the Presenter Trevor? Now, was this as above, or, was it WOULD you like to get back on Play the Presenter TREVOR! lol
    Posted by acebarry10
    Do you know Barry, I really can't remember!!!
  • edited January 2011
    What a great idea and for the lower end of the bankroll players this really is a big wd to sky poker and yourself,see ya friday xxx
  • edited January 2011
    What a great idea and for the lower end of the bankroll players this really is a big wd to sky poker and yourself,see ya friday xxx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Look forward to seeing you there debdobs - I'm sure there'll be plenty of banter in the chat box too!
  • edited January 2011

Nice 1 Mr Harris i shall see you on friday gl all
  • edited January 2011
    I shall come gunning for you Mr H  ;o)

Fancy a £3.30 DYM Pot Limit Omaha 
  • edited January 2011
    n1, it's good to see a presenter giving us low stakes players a chance to play you, hopefully see you in some 5.50 holdem dyms
  • edited January 2011

Ladies & Gents,

Just to remind you that my bankroll challenge begins in just under 2 hours.

Remember - I'm going to playing a variety of sit and goes and double your moneys with a maximum buy in of £5.

Can I make a proft over 3 Fridays play? It's your job to stop me....

See you at the tables.

Trev
  • edited January 2011
    look forward to it tevorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, who r u btw ;)
  • edited January 2011
    sounds good why friday?? so you have it easier against alot of drunks ;) i will try to join in as often as possible, be warned im not often drunk at the tables
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    ill be wasted but i dunna play sngs oh well £2 mtts for me
  • edited January 2011
    Sorry Trevlaaar..Can't play tonight so you'll just have to manage without me!!!! My Fridays are usually reserved for copious amounts of alcohol and a tiny bit of dancin' round my handbag...followed by some chip donking around 4am...perfect ;o)

GL in your quest (BUST HIM SKYBIES!!!!!!)

xx
  • edited January 2011
    See you about later mr harris, gl!

stts are my favoured discipline, and i play plo, hilo, and nlhe, so im bound to play you at some point.

the 2.25 and 5.50 hilo dyms are good btw, i would suggest playin 1 of these at some point.

• edited January 2011
    I might have a dabble with you Mr H...
  • edited January 2011
    im in for this trevor.. u going BUSTO!!! ;)
  • edited January 2011

Hi all,

Thanks to everyone who played sit n go's with me last night (I think Vince played almost every single one and Greg wasn't far behind).

After a sticky start where the Hoggster ownned me in both the high and low hand in an Omaha hi-lo game my JJ then stood up against his AQ in hold em and I managed a small reward for second in the game.

I-bluff then spanked me again 30 minutes later but a reasonably strong late rally saw me cash in a couple of DYM games so the overall result is:

Down £11 - there is a slight stewards though as I should get £2.20 back for a game where the site was down for a brief time.

Roll on next Friday.

Trev  
  • edited January 2011
    It was great fun Trev, i am sure that next week you will start to make monies!, as long as you avoid Vince lol.

• edited January 2011
    Hey Trev

Arsenal to beat the Hammers 3-0 tonight? Nasri, Van Persie and Fabregas thats what I'm hoping anyway as all 3 are in my dream team. Could be a different story as Arsenal have a weak back line for the fixture especially now Sagna is out.

You looking forward to it? Whats your prediction? And do you think Spurs could give Man Unitd our first defeat of the season?!

James
  • edited January 2011
    Hey Trev Arsenal to beat the Hammers 3-0 tonight? Nasri, Van Persie and Fabregas thats what I'm hoping anyway as all 3 are in my dream team. Could be a different story as Arsenal have a weak back line for the fixture especially now Sagna is out. You looking forward to it? Whats your prediction? And do you think Spurs could give Man Unitd our first defeat of the season?! James
    Posted by lJAMESl
    Hi James,

I think we'll feel stung by the dire display at Ipswich and will probably win comfortably - amazingly Carlton Cole is the only man in the entire Hammers squad who's ever scored a goal against the Gunners! 3-1 would be my correct score prediction.

As for Spurs v Man Utd it's tricky - you'd have to think that Spurs have their best chance in years to turn your boys over but they always seem to come up short against United (remember that game a few years back where Spurs were 3-0 up at half time and lost 5-3!) At the risk of splinters in the backside I'm going for the draw - 2-2.

Trev
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to RESULTS ARE IN FROM FIRST FRIDAY:
    Hi all, Thanks to everyone who played sit n go's with me last night (I think Vince played almost every single one and Greg wasn't far behind). After a sticky start where the Hoggster ownned me in both the high and low hand in an Omaha hi-lo game my JJ then stood up against his AQ in hold em and I managed a small reward for second in the game. I-bluff then spanked me again 30 minutes later but a reasonably strong late rally saw me cash in a couple of DYM games so the overall result is: Down £11 - there is a slight stewards though as I should get £2.20 back for a game where the site was down for a brief time. Roll on next Friday. Trev  
    Posted by TrevorH
    Just four DYMs for me although I did manage a 100% record.
    Thanks to Sky Poker for this radical new bonus scheme; I'll let someone else enjoy Trevor's generosity next week.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: TREVOR HARRIS FRIDAY CHALLENGE : Hi James, I think we'll feel stung by the dire display at Ipswich and will probably win comfortably - amazingly Carlton Cole is the only man in the entire Hammers squad who's ever scored a goal against the Gunners! 3-1 would be my correct score prediction. As for Spurs v Man Utd it's tricky - you'd have to think that Spurs have their best chance in years to turn your boys over but they always seem to come up short against United (remember that game a few years back where Spurs were 3-0 up at half time and lost 5-3!) At the risk of splinters in the backside I'm going for the draw - 2-2. Trev
    Posted by TrevorH
    I should of put a bet on Trev, shame I've quit sports betting. Although I am allowing myself one last bet this season on Charlie Adam for Goal of the Season and for him to score in his own half!

2-2 is a good prediction I think. I'm gonna predict Spurs with a 2-1 win tommorow with Van der Vaart getting the winner I just think if we are going to lose it is going to be to a team with pace who move the ball around the pitch fast! Spurs are my 2nd favourite team suprisingly :)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: TREVOR HARRIS FRIDAY CHALLENGE : I should of put a bet on Trev, shame I've quit sports betting. Although I am allowing myself one last bet this season on Charlie Adam for Goal of the Season and for him to score in his own half! 2-2 is a good prediction I think. I'm gonna predict Spurs with a 2-1 win tommorow with Van der Vaart getting the winner I just think if we are going to lose it is going to be to a team with pace who move the ball around the pitch fast! Spurs are my 2nd favourite team suprisingly :)
    Posted by lJAMESl
    So that's 2 points back on you James - if we keep playing well our collision in April at The Emirates willbe massive! Especially if you are still unbeaten at that point.....

Spurs are still too inconsistent....City too negative away, Chelsea too old.....
  • edited January 2011
    I was one of the one's to benefit when you were away in the 2.20 dym! ;-)