You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BANK ROLL MANAGEMENT EXTREME

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Just for a laugh I have emptied my Account down to the princely sum of £1

I intend to see if I can get this up to £100, and if so how long, it would take me, using Micro SNG's and Free Rolls

As anyone who has ever played me at Poker can testify....  ;o) I am obviously not in this for the money.  I play poker for the fun, the social side and the occasional monetary gain.  

So I thought this would be a bit of a laugh to see if I can do it.  My BR management will be simple... 

No more than 100% of BR up to £10 ;O)

No more than 50% of BR up to £50  ;o)

No more than 20% of BR up to £100  ;o)

If it all goes pear shaped then I'll just top up the old account back to what it was before but this should be fun.

I'll keep you posted 

See you on the Tables

JOCK

Actually I lied,  B was set at £1.10 so I could enter a Russian Roulette.  Won that, BR now £2  first double up achieved... Only 6 more to go ;o)

Comments

• edited January 2011
    you broke the first rule 110% of your starting £1 was in play in that russian roulette ;)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: BANK ROLL MANAGEMENT EXTREME:
    you broke the first rule 110% of your starting £1 was in play in that russian roulette ;)
    Posted by The_Don90

Maths never was my Strong Suit 

• edited January 2011
    GL with it Jock - Aftera pretty expensive weekend for me I,m adjusting my BR as well

I,m putting £50 down with an aim to making any profit within the month with another £50 in reserve (but willl not deposit it until the 20th of Jan in case of tilt) 

Good to meet another face in person at Newcastle - sry about that bd beat in the £30 deepstack - Unfornately I got up to about 17k after that and made one of the worst folds I,ve ever made in a 20+k and never recovered 

I let a cpl of the locals on that table get to me and rushed a decision  - a mistake I definately won,t be making again    

Paul
  • edited January 2011
    48 Hour Update ;o)

Starting BR  £1.10

Current BR   £18.36

(Note:  I have been cheating a bit. Playing only SNG Omaha )
  • edited January 2011
    I did this a few months ago for Richard's B/R Management Challenge thing.  It took me about two and a half months on and off but I was using MUCH stricter B/R management and I didn't have to reload.  GL with it.
  • edited January 2011
    GL with it Jock - Aftera pretty expensive weekend for me I,m adjusting my BR as well I,m putting £50 down with an aim to making any profit within the month with another £50 in reserve (but willl not deposit it until the 20th of Jan in case of tilt)  Good to meet another face in person at Newcastle - sry about that bd beat in the £30 deepstack - Unfornately I got up to about 17k after that and made one of the worst folds I,ve ever made in a 20+k and never recovered  I let a cpl of the locals on that table get to me and rushed a decision  - a mistake I definately won,t be making again     Paul
    Posted by MP33

Hi Paul,  Yeah nice to meet you.  You NEVER have to say sorry to me for beating me in a hand mate.  The hand is never over until all the cards are out.......  Unless you flop a Royal Flush.....  but you know what I mean ;o)

Hoping to try for the Leeds SPT so maybe see you there 

Good Luck on the tables   

• edited January 2011
    I did this a few months ago for Richard's B/R Management Challenge thing.  It took me about two and a half months on and off but I was using MUCH stricter B/R management and I didn't have to reload.  GL with it.
    Posted by Wilhelm

Hi Wilheim

Originally I did this just to have a laugh, but your point is well made.   This is a great way to build up BR discipline 

BR Now up to £21.06.......   I love Omaha ;o)

• edited January 2011
    It can be done! I won 75p in a freeroll last year, thats all i had in my account. By playing 30p dyms, then moving to 2.10 turbos and playing cash i got up to 80 quid...... o then blew it all :D
  • edited January 2011
    It can be done! I won 75p in a freeroll last year, thats all i had in my account. By playing 30p dyms, then moving to 2.10 turbos and playing cash i got up to 80 quid...... o then blew it all :D
    Posted by shaun09

You're my kind of player Shaun ;o)

• edited January 2011
    Im going to try a similar thing next month, not been running very well
    in the last couple of days and my patience has been wearing thin
    in DYM. Going to relax on freerolls for the rest of the month, get as
    much prize money as I can and then give this a go.

Is it crucial to record your results on a daily basis?

Thanks
    Jonny
  • edited January 2011
    I started loosing what i had on SkyPoker so i have taken my funds. Will Deposit again when i feel ready!
  • edited January 2011

Hi Jock GL with your challenge btw was good to meet you at Newcastle

Michael

• edited January 2011
    Just back from London, thought I'd get a couple of games in 

BR Now £27.31  Over a Quarter of the way to my target ;o)

DYM Run..... 10 in a Row 
  • edited January 2011
        Hi Jock GL with your challenge btw was good to meet you at Newcastle    Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT

Great to meet you as well Michael.  Looking forward to the next SPT that I can get to too, Hopefully Leeds

• edited January 2011
    GL with it Jock - Aftera pretty expensive weekend for me I,m adjusting my BR as well I,m putting £50 down with an aim to making any profit within the month with another £50 in reserve (but willl not deposit it until the 20th of Jan in case of tilt)  Good to meet another face in person at Newcastle - sry about that bd beat in the £30 deepstack - Unfornately I got up to about 17k after that and made one of the worst folds I,ve ever made in a 20+k and never recovered  I let a cpl of the locals on that table get to me and rushed a decision  - a mistake I definately won,t be making again     Paul
    Posted by MP33
    Nice Goin Jock - Meant to update mine - had a good week

£50

Monday £71
    Tuesday £101
    Wednesday £71  - but luckily played a 6 dollar  44player on another site and won it - 105$
    Thursday 90
    Friday  96
    Saturday    Sky BR £116   mainly on small DYMS and micro cash and the odd satelite
  • edited January 2011
    Quick Update

Date Bank Roll

10-01-2011 £1.10

17-01-2011 £86.95

£13.05 to go ;o)
  • edited January 2011
    Quick Update Date Bank Roll 10-01-2011 £1.10 17-01-2011 £86.95 £13.05 to go ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW

Nice. Keep going Sir!

(a good my name is.....aswell btw)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: BANK ROLL MANAGEMENT EXTREME : Nice. Keep going Sir! (a good my name is.....aswell btw)
    Posted by MAXALLY

OMG they haven't shown that have they? 

The Editing boys must have been working over time to get that one sorted lol

• edited January 2011
    Thats good going mate. What Did u start of playing? Dyms? then a bit of cash?
  • edited January 2011
    Quick Update Date Bank Roll 10-01-2011 £1.10 17-01-2011 £86.95 £13.05 to go ;o)
    Posted by JockBMW

Great work so far keep it going m8y
  • edited January 2011
    Thats good going mate. What Did u start of playing? Dyms? then a bit of cash?
    Posted by shaun09

Hi Shaun

Yeah Mainly DYM Omaha, with the occasional Hold'em thrown in 

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: BANK ROLL MANAGEMENT EXTREME : OMG they haven't shown that have they?  The Editing boys must have been working over time to get that one sorted lol
    Posted by JockBMW
    Very nice goin - What have you been playing?

Your name is was on last night and will no doubt get repeated over next few months
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Guys,

Haven't been able to play much this week, with work commitments.  However I am now up to £98.83....... £1.17 away from my target ;O)

Off to watch some Sky Poker TV then maybe one last game before I turn in to see if I can do it

• edited January 2011
    You must be missing all the coolers!