You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is he jamming with a PP?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic

XXX seem a average player not many reads, liked to limp and plays a tad to many hands out of position not seen a lot of raising from him so cant tell you any more.

I had not contested any pots with him until this hand but noticed he felt very comfy with a single pair. As you can see raised with my AT and XXX defends his blinds. Also a couple of other guys came in as I must admit had been just caught out raising a wee bit light so my table image was a bit loose at this point.

Dream flop for my AT but the J on turn is a scare card.... your thoughts please as my gut feeling was is a PP?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Tevos Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £22.25
xxx Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £16.60
  Your hole cards
  • A

FossilMan Call  £0.20 £0.50 £7.58
MarkWolves Fold     
waynecure Raise  £1.00 £1.50 £15.70
classasa Call  £1.00 £2.50 £34.78
Tevos Fold     
xxxCall  £0.80 £3.30 £15.80
FossilMan Call  £0.80 £4.10 £6.78
Flop

• A

xxx Bet  £1.00 £5.10 £14.80
FossilMan Fold     
waynecure Raise  £4.05 £9.15 £11.65
classasa Fold     
xxx Call  £3.05 £12.20 £11.75
Turn

• J

dylan07 All-in  £11.75 £23.95 £0.00
waynecure ???  

Comments

• edited January 2011

Don't fold. 

(and bink on the river if he has set or kq)

pps - If he has aj, that's just insanely unlucky but you still have two tens to pull for!
  • edited January 2011
    depends if he is a loose fish he is capable of holding 10 j lol, but cant see an avrage player calling ur re raise on the flop with that craap. Ax of clubs then having an uncontrollable spazzz on the turn. 22 is quite likely, weird donk lead but shoving to poss protect his hand.

So basically u lose to jj which is very unlikely so il rule that out. So losing to Aj, 22 and KQ  the only plausible hands he could have saying that kq would be sick since he called ur re-raise on the flop...............

.........so my concluzion is a snap call and insta reload coz he played whatever he had bad:)
  • edited January 2011
    Cawl!!! He could have JT or A2 AQ AK etc
  • edited January 2011

I hate the call now Wayne and dont blame you if you folded... Looks like he has outbinked you. 

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Is he jamming with a PP?:
    I hate the call now Wayne and dont blame you if you folded... Looks like he has outbinked you. 
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    The big question for me is why shove if u have hit the nuts say braodway and scare me off when Im saying I have hit this flop hard, the shove does not make sense unless u are defending something .... a set is my worry
  • edited January 2011
    Just to let u know the outcome I decided to gamble on him have a PP as the shove just did not add up, he was stronger than I thought with QQ so pleased to report I took down the pot.... thanks for your advise and more happy with my call as many of u agreed with this.