You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

laying down the best hand??

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
just another one to get you all going.......

i was playing a 0.02 - 0.04 10/10 cash game the other day. game was the same as any other micro stakes, after a good session with nice profit the fish were nearly all gone and there were a few half decent players joining the table. as the table was tightening up i decided that i was gonna quit wen all of a sudden i look down at KK. (typical) 
I  make a strong raise UTG to 4x BB to which i get just two callers (MID POS and SB) , which is good. both these players are respectable players but over play there hands a bit. the flop comes 3-6-J rainbow, i know wot your thinking- wot a dream flop for a pair of KINGS.  but for some reason i put THE middle man on pocket JJ PRE FLOP. 
the SB leads out a pot size bet(26p) to which i re raise to x3 (60p) the middle man then re-raises all in to which SB calls. I dont know how i done it maybe it was because it was my last hand of the session and i didnt want to risk my profits for the session i eventually folded my COWBOYS. 
SB showed A-Jo and the middle man showed pocket 33 and took down the pot with his trips. after the turn and river was A and 9. OK now to the point.............
Although i know i made a really good fold to get away from low trips but, do you think it was a weak play as i hear on sky poker channel sometimes talking about weak folds which made me wonder that although it was the RIGHT move this time, how many times i may have folded the best hand. is it losing strategy to make these folds to many times. hope i have explained this okay as it was a tough one to put in words.

Comments