You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Consistant Min Raisers Pre

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
So i know that if you have a consistant min raiser pre (80% of flops any position - mega loose) you need to wait for good cards and reraise to isolate.

But what card selection do you use - do you open up slightly or tighten up more?

was on a major passive table at NL8 and this guy would min raise pretty much every hand pre. He is also calling most reraises (although the reraises were stupidly low).

This would cause a lot of limpers in some cases, others everyone folds. im sat there waiting for agggeeees for a decent hand when A,10os lands. im just before the big blind - is this the hand to reraise with heavy? hes min riased UTG 1 limper

I obviously want to make it massive to shake off the limper and get button onwards to fold to isolate. But he is going to call with any two cards, its not like I can shove (is it?). So no info for the flop ..........wait for better or get stuck in???

On a seperate note, played on NL8 for 4 days now after building my roll up, and there is some reaaaalllly dodgy play - worse than NL4 in alot of cases.

loads of People buying in with less than 1/3 the max buy in. All in pre J9os, rearaising shove on flop with air 4 handed ive seen some real classics (The J9os all in pre beat my AKs obviously!!) - Whilst I have seen the skill level on NL4 increase over the last month or so (thanks Don & Rover for that!!!)- whats going on, surely 8nl should have better play not worse (not that i mind obviously)?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    you want a hand that can flop strong top and 2nd pairs. so like 9T+ i would be isolating him with. i would flat call with 22-66 and 3bet with 77+ most likely.

flop pairs bet big win monies do a dance.