You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ONE SEASON WONDERS : YOUR FAVS

edited January 2011 in The Shed
WHOSE IS YOUR FAV FOOTY PLAYER WHO LOOKED TO HAVE THE WORLD AT HIS FEET ONLY TO DISAPPEAR DOWN THE LEAGUES AND END UP IN A TRIVIA QUIZ OR SERVING IN BURGER KING OR EVEN IN A BAY CITY ROLLER BLUE MOVIE! LOL.     MINE IS....ROCKET RONNIE ROSENTHAL, PLAYED LIKE A DREAM FOR A DOZEN GAMES AND I THINK HELPED LIVERPOOL WIN THE TITLE THAT SEASON IN THE LATE 80,S ....

Comments

• edited January 2011

Rocket Ronnie, what a legend! Greatest left foot hat-trick of all time for Spurs vs Southampton in mid-90's FA Cup!!

Tony Yeboah gets my vote - he was a great flash-in-the-pan at Leeds.

• edited January 2011
    Steve daley played for man city was bought from wolves for 1 mill i think.Didnt see him play one good game he was shocking.
  • edited January 2011
    Mark Robins? Immense at Norwich (if such a thing is possible), hit Man United, nadda... other than saving Fergie's job.
  • edited January 2011
    Michael 'Barrington'Ricketts.
  • edited January 2011
    another one JOHN STEAD SAVED SOURPUSSES JOB AT BLACKBURN THEN LOANED OUT MORE THAN KATIE PRICES NOU NOU.LOL ,RONNIES HAT TRICK FORGOT THAT...WHAT A GAME!
  • edited January 2011
    David Bentley !!

re-curring theme starts againn today at birmingham

v villa this week-end
    1st half scores brilliant curling free-kick, pundits re-quote "Beckhamesque, in its completion"
    2nd half delivers perfect flighted cross for winner, made Man of Match!

Post mtch 'sky' interview, David clutching magnum & flashing pearly whites, flicks his hair and quotes

" This is a fresh start the managers put his faith in me and the lads here are all great"

A dirty rolled up sock, bounces off his head, after flyin in,  from off camera, into shot......everybody laughs !!

3 weeks later, after 3 defeats and a bore draw, a training ground bust-up is on the back pages, & Birm are firmly in the relegation Zone!!

David does a press conferance, to clear the air, quoting
      " We have all got to dig in, fight for each other, & get out of this, we can't carry any dead weight"

Next Day, David pictured leaving training ground in hurry in a 'Chav-mobile' sporting what appears to be a 'Black eye, seemingly, hurriedly, concealed by man-make-up !!

Very Next day papers full of 'these things happen in football' quotes, but David is not in next squad!!

Very, Next, Next Day, Birmingham announce that a 'player' is doubley booked into both  'The Priory' and 'Tony Adams addiction clinic', to battle with Make-up & Poker problems!!

Very, Next, Next, Next Day.....SKYPOKER announce that David Bentley is actually 'Machka'!!! They are goin to try and help him with his problems, and stop him from wearing that silly 'choirboy' mask when appearing in public, and at SPT's.

VERY Very next next next day ,..........Lolufold announces he will help, and will mentor David [Machka] with his poker and identity problems!!

Very nex...SOON AFTER............In an amazing live 'Sky Poker' interview which is hit on u-tube 10 zillion times, the pair, 'Lolu & Machka', annonce they are engaged to be married, Elton john is to be cheif bridesmaid with Tikay as assist!!

Shockingly.......
     Lolu then pulls off his own 'choirboy' mask to reveal he is actually.... Wayne Rooney!!!! 
      LML then follows............ removing her mask.................................it's Colleen !!!

All of them final table at Luton SPT, Colleen [LML] wins astonishinly !!  Amazingly, Months later, they pick-up 9 bracelets in Vegas between them, the Yanks naming them lovingly as 'The BritPak'.. as they all party gayly round Vegas!!

They all live happily ever after!!

Sir Elton writing a new song about his friends, working title 'Pokerdile Frock'

ps No-one can believe that Richard Orford did'nt have a mask on either !!

MARK MY WORDS, and watch this space
  • edited January 2011
    Henrik Larsson added a bit of much needed class to Man u's team once. Really loved him being there even though he didn't score much.

Was looking forward to watching Ronaldinho play for blackburn lolol but alas............

Agree with Yeboah. He was a lot better than George Weah who went to Man City and flopped a beauty.
  • edited January 2011
    As famously said in when harry met sally "I'll have what (s)he is having!!!!!"(hitman) .....But bentley 1st goal tomorrow looks a good bet. Anyway.. one season wonders could probably say bentley for arsenal but i seem to remember alex manninger being a great goalkeeper for arsenal back in the seaman days and playing a blinder in a cup game v west ham where he made many penalty saves in the shoot out which made us win and then we flogged him somewhere and last year i think he was juventus's 1st team keeper!!! Arsene does sometimes sell too early!Dave.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: ONE SEASON WONDERS : YOUR FAVS:
    As famously said in when harry met sally "I'll have what (s)he is having!!!!!"(hitman) .....But bentley 1st goal tomorrow looks a good bet. Anyway.. one season wonders could probably say bentley for arsenal but i seem to remember alex manninger being a great goalkeeper for arsenal back in the seaman days and playing a blinder in a cup game v west ham where he made many penalty saves in the shoot out which made us win and then we flogged him somewhere and last year i think he was juventus's 1st team keeper!!! Arsene does sometimes sell too early!Dave.
    Posted by Any2Suited
    LOL !! whatever 'it' is it works!! just got 3rd in the 'open' , behind all the way yehaaaa!!

ps yep think i remember manninger v us in the europa league...o yeah the score Fulham 4-1 Juve, 0-1 down after 5 mins !! best game ever seen at cottage, since Fulham 1-1 lincoln bout ,82

Think Manninger went from you to villa for a lil while no, was he not the one who got slapped in the 'derby,