You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Quality of Sky Players Live

edited January 2011 in The Sky Poker Tour
It seems to me that Sky Poker players are derided by other sites and forums, yet whenever there's a Sky Poker Tour event in town, the night before's event is invariably won by a Sky PLayer. Newcastle (Solar), Blackpool,  Swansea, Glasgow to name the immediate ones that come to mind. Maybe the standard on Sky isn't so bad after all!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    I won manchester Fri night, gliterbabe won Luton fri night.

think we are like 5/5 or more!
  • edited January 2011
    cough*aspers sat night game*cough ;)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Quality of Sky Players Live:
    Posted by mike1975

Was that the 1 where you sat out while watching your missus on SPT Final Table & when it finished you sat back in & still managed to make Final Table  WELL PLAYED SIR
  • edited January 2011
    Posted by mike1975
    That was a Sky event - it was always likely Sky players would do well. I'm talking about when Sky take on the locals. We're not as bad as people think we are!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Quality of Sky Players Live : That was a Sky event - it was always likely Sky players would do well. I'm talking about when Sky take on the locals. We're not as bad as people think we are!
    Posted by Eyeman
    No, you're missing the point here :)

Mike went and cashed in the 8pm tourney, chopping five way IIRC. That wasn't a Sky event, it was the regular offering from Aspers.

Now get it quietly Mike ;)
  • edited January 2011
    This is true, Sky players always win at venues yet we are derided for being so bad!

Mike chopped the Sat night regular tourney after sitting out most of it!!

Phil (Loki-Rogi) won the Blackpool Saturday night, Tikay won the Friday!

Seen Penguin 7, Gliterbabe and Hoggersplop all win at venues!

And the Friday night tourney was me or Graham (Eyeman), it wasn't over we were just all to tired to play to the death!

Dave
  • edited January 2011
    yeah was in the fri night one too and it must be said that i think the locals were all surprised
    by the way does thet mean TKP took it down Dave lol
  • SPTSPT
    edited January 2011
    As a "neutral" with no axe to grind, from observing I'd say the standard of play at SPT events themselves is much improved since my first event which was Manchester in Nov 09

Not surprised at this, you've all got a lot more experience now. This is despite receiving analysis from tikay.
  • edited January 2011
    As a "neutral" with no axe to grind, from observing I'd say the standard of play at SPT events themselves is much improved since my first event which was Manchester in Nov 09 Not surprised at this, you've all got a lot more experience now. This is despite receiving analysis from tikay.
    Posted by SPT

this is a very good point rich LOL
  • edited January 2011
    There was 6 players i could make out from the SKY event at the FT on the Sat night local tourney.
    Have to say i thought the standard of play was good IMO

In Response to Quality of Sky Players Live:
    It seems to me that Sky Poker players are derided by other sites and forums, yet whenever there's a Sky Poker Tour event in town, the night before's event is invariably won by a Sky PLayer. Newcastle (Solar), Blackpool,  Swansea, Glasgow to name the immediate ones that come to mind. Maybe the standard on Sky isn't so bad after all!
    Posted by Eyeman
  • edited January 2011
    There was 6 players i could make out from the SKY event at the FT on the Sat night local tourney. Have to say i thought the standard of play was good IMO In Response to Quality of Sky Players Live :
    Posted by horsebox
    Yeah Friday night we had myself, Eyeman and Jamielou on FT, myself and Eyeman finished 1-2

Jamielou went on to come 2nd in the SPT Main event

Mike1975 and Tempusfuge were on the Sat night FT along with others as you say.

Great performance as usual from the Sky players!

Dave
  • edited January 2011
    Rock on the reg's! 
  • edited January 2011
    To be fair mine was a 9way chop at 330am and I was the only Sky guy still standing amongst the weegies ! I was chip daddy though.

• edited January 2011
    To be fair mine was a 9way chop at 330am and I was the only Sky guy still standing amongst the weegies ! I was chip daddy though.
    Posted by penguin7
    Penguin. Never let accuracy get in the way of a good story.