You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

People continuously sitting 'AWAY' in Tournaments

I have only been playing here for 2 weeks yet Im sick to death already of people continuosly sitting away while playing a tournament. For example I was on a table with 4 people sitting away, how the hell am I supposed to play/progress in that instance.

There should be a time limit to this, say if your sat away for 5 hands in a tournament then you should be booted from the room!

People pay money to enter tournaments so why sit away, you know what time your tournament is, you know what time your breaks are so during a tournament there is no need to have an'AWAY' option. You just lose your money if you dont wanna play or miss the tournament start

Why should I pay money to enter a tournament and get no play because of the idiots that sit away all the time.

If this isnt address soon I will take my business and play else where, I know of other peole sick of this aswell

SKY POKER SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    In Response to People continuously sitting 'AWAY' in Tournaments:
    I have only been playing here for 2 weeks yet Im sick to death already of people continuosly sitting away while playing a tournament. For example I was on a table with 4 people sitting away, how the hell am I supposed to play/progress in that instance. There should be a time limit to this, say if your sat away for 5 hands in a tournament then you should be booted from the room! People pay money to enter tournaments so why sit away, you know what time your tournament is, you know what time your breaks are so during a tournament there is no need to have an'AWAY' option. You just lose your money if you dont wanna play or miss the tournament start Why should I pay money to enter a tournament and get no play because of the idiots that sit away all the time. If this isnt address soon I will take my business and play else where, I know of other peole sick of this aswell SKY POKER SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by YouKnowsIt
    You are complaining that 4 players stacks are there to be taken with absolutely no resistance, giving you a 5x starting stack, long before anyone else gets anywhere near that number of chips?

Pretty silly to be complaining about free tournament chips
  • edited January 2011
    players also sit away for their own beneift knowing they are not going to lose many chips during the early levels of 10/20-25/50 i cant see a logical reason as to why your complaining about this yes you may get all the hands in the world but free chips are free chips your not risking anything the last thing i would be doing is complaining about this and there will never be such a rule that will come in as to if you sit out 5 hands you get booted this isnt facebook poker people pay money they can do as they will and if they think sitting out the first few levels benefits their game they will do it cause they are realistically not going to lose much during the first couple of levels .... when your put on a table of away players take advantage it may never happen again
  • edited January 2011
    Thread closed as it's been cross-posted HERE and there are more replies in that thread.

Please don't cross-post in future. Thanks.