You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How much do i bet?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
When it comes to how much to bet i am nver sure

when i raise i always tend to bet 3x BB

after flop what should u bet?

on flush draw?

top pair?

2nd pair?

i never know what to bet?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    The same for every hand if your betting, if you bet less for a draw than the nuts its a tell.
  • edited January 2011
    what so always bet 3x the BB?
    Do u mean whateva u bet pre u shud do the same at other streets?

can u explain a bit plz?
  • edited January 2011
    As a beginner i'v started to try and sort out my bet sizing over the last couple of weeks and all I can say is the amount to bet on each street depends very much on the situation (both your cards, the board and the range you put your opponent on) and your own tactical decisions on how to play the hand.

There arn't many hard and fast rules so I would suggest you post hands / read hands from the clinic and listen to the analysis on channel 865 for starts. The book Harrington on Holdem vol 1 has also provided me with a good start on the basics.

What Waynecure is saying is that if you bet the same every time you find yourself in a specific situation, players will pick up on this and it becomes a tell. There arn't many situations where betting 3x the big blind into the now large pot after the flop or on later streets with what you believe to be the best hand is a profitable play, your either loosing value or giving your opponent the correct odds to continue in the hand.

Hope this helps mate.