You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

flush draws?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
hey everyone. im playing some good poker lately and winning. but i got a big down fall were im losing alot of money too. ok im in a hand where i draw four to the flush. depends how the pot plays out i sometimes just push all in. which lately ive not been hitting so im losing very big pots. which is undoing all my hard work before. i only push all in if theres a lot to win in the pot already. as theres a chance they could fold with that bet. so i guess the question is whats the odds on hitting your flush after the flop, needing one card. also is pushing in winning play long term??? your thoughts evryone please...

Comments

• edited January 2011

How long is a piece of string !!!

If there's a good chance you think your opponent will fold, betting or raising, or even shoving with a draw is better than checking or calling.

Assess your opponent, the answer isn't the same every-time.
  • edited January 2011

This should be in the poker clinic! lol

But i think it's around 4/1 that you hit your flush with two cards to come, and shoving is acceptable but it's entirely situational so hard to say whether you'll be profitable in the long run doing this..also remember if you've got involved in a pot with a hand like 67d and flopped four to the flush, theres a chance that somebody else has a bigger flush draw!

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: flush draws?:
    How long is a piece of string !!! If there's a good chance you think your opponent will fold, betting or raising, or even shoving with a draw is better than checking or calling. Assess your opponent, the answer isn't the same every-time.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1
  • edited January 2011
    Your odds of hitting your flush if you only see the turn card are about 4:1. 

If you shove the flop you will see both the turn and river cards which gives you odds of 2:1 to hit.

(edited to clarify)
  • edited January 2011
    You are 2/1 to hit your flush on the turn, and 4/1 on the river
  • edited January 2011
    if you shove the flop you have 35% if your opponent folds 15% of the time then you have 50% if your opponent has a bigger flush draw 15% of the time then you dont have 50%.....hope this helps..................
  • edited January 2011
    acebarry we are 4/1 to hit on the turn and river individually which becomes 2/1 if we see them both.

nick im pretty sure that your 35% equity + 15% folds = 50%   makes no sense
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: flush draws?:
    acebarry we are 4/1 to hit on the turn and river individually which becomes 2/1 if we see them both. nick im pretty sure that your 35% equity + 15% folds = 50%   makes no sense
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    it wasnt really ment to but well pointed out anyway lol