You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Changes to the Viva Las Vegas Monthly Final.

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

The next VLV Final will be on January 30th, & there will FIVE Finals in all this year, being January, February, March, April, & May.

It has been decided to change the payout structure for the "Seat Bubble", that is to say, the player who misses the Seat by one spot.

Previously, ALL the "spare" money went to the seat bubble. This resulted in as much as £9,000 in two cases being awarded where there were, say, 19, or 29, runners.

With immediate effect, this will now change.

The "left over" element of the Prize Pool - the cash element - will be split into THREE, on the basis of 50%, 30%, & 20%. 

So, if there are, say, 25 runners, there will be two £10,000 packages, with £5,000 "left over".

This £5,000 would be split 50%, 30% & 20% to the THIRD, FOURTH & FIFTH places. 

If there were 18 runners, & thus 1 £10k package, the £8,000 would be split 50%, 30% & 20% between 2nd, 3rd & 4th places.

This change will remain in place until further notice, though, like all things, the Suits will re-examine it &/or modify it in the light of player-experience.

All constructive feedback welcome.   

Comments

• edited January 2011

By the bye, with only two of this month's 5 Semi-Finals completed, there are already NINE Qualifiers for the Final on Jan 30th.

Vegas, baby!

andrew19475000
    dantb105000
    IRONZ5000
    kevcoke695000
    kidgirlgy5000
    LIAM5KING5000
    mickjenn15000
    seaford25000
    THEJMAN15000
  • edited January 2011
    Brilliant change tikay. I was one of the people who requested this in 2009. Good to see that it has been implemented.

Good Luck to all this month's finalists.

• edited January 2011
    I'm not rolled to even attempt to play in this so if other players that have paid their hard earned money are happy to accept this new payout structure then all is well.

The biggest problem I see is that there will be a call for all other satellites that have an excess amount, to have a similar payout structure instead of it being paid to the bubble.

Peeps pay their monies and peeps know the drill - If you now tell them they are now only going to receive half of what they should have got if they go out on the bubble, the question is going to be - WHY?

I see from your post that you have given an explaination to this question but, regardless of the values why should this tourny be setting a president and have a different payout structure to all other satellites on sky poker?

Would players be happy for the bubble money in other satellites to be devided in a similar way? I'm not sure.

You did ask for feed back - Please don't see this as a moan, it's just an observation.

Regards
    Pokertrev
  • edited January 2011
    Trev, its due to the amount of money and this is very relevant.

In 2009. There was a 9k Bubble. (10k package first, 9k 2nd and NOTHING for 3rd!) I was victim of a 2k bubble in 2009 in the vegas lite too.

It's only relevant in satellites of huge value, so it does not apply to any other tournament on sky! Dont worry!

Imagine that you had spent hours and hours qualifying, made the final, and finished 3rd for nothing after weeks of effort. a few quid would soften the blow, right!

Quite an incentive to get into the final too, as more chance of winning monies, if you dont win the package. Smart move Sky.

• edited January 2011
    Hi Greg.
    This is also relevant to players with smaller bankrolls, who also spend hours playing smaller satellites such as the primo and the 8k sky sports sats just to find themselves going out one before the bubble for nothing. So in my opinion it does apply to other satellite tournaments on sky.
  • edited January 2011

Hi Trev,

To be honest, Hoggers has covered it pretty well in his Post, especially as to why it does not set a precedent.

The decision is not cast in stone, & it could revert to the previous system if feedback suggests it would be better.

It does not really matter one way or the other to Sky Poker, there is no additional or lesser costs involved, it's just based on player-feedback, & common-sense.

It's nice to come 2nd & pick up £9,000, it must be said. It's also pretty grim to finish 3rd & get sfa.

Come what may, the new system WILL be in place for the January Final, & until further notice, unless good reason to revert to the original system can be demonstrated. But whatever happens, ther new system will apply to the January Final. 
  • edited January 2011
    Does this apply to VLV semis too, or just the finals?

Either way I think it's a change for the better...I can't imagine how brutal it must be coming fourth for nothing while third take  £9k and the winners are off to vegas.
  • edited January 2011
    Though this does ruin my plan to cash bubble every VLV final until binking a seat in june, and going to vegas with £50k spending money ;)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Changes to the Viva Las Vegas Monthly Final.:
    Does this apply to VLV semis too, or just the finals? Either way I think it's a change for the better...I can't imagine how brutal it must be coming fourth for nothing while third take  £9k and the winners are off to vegas.
    Posted by DannyMcs
    Just the Final, Danny, as far as I know.

PS - Good to meet you on Saturday. You are much older than I imagined. ;)
  • edited January 2011
    As a man who has experienced more bubbles than a Jacuzzi, I think it's a great idea ;o)
  • edited January 2011
    A good change imo thank you
  • edited January 2011
    great news.del
  • edited January 2011
    great news.del
    Posted by DELTA

You do realise its only the bubble prizes they are changing.....there is still no prize for going out 1st hand :))
  • edited January 2011
    PS - Good to meet you on Saturday. You are much older than I imagined. ;)
    We actually met in Blackpool and chatted 2-3 times there sir, not to mention you announcing my plays on the final table. I may *look* old but at least my memory stretches back more than three months ;)
  • edited January 2011
    We actually met in Blackpool and chatted 2-3 times there sir, not to mention you announcing my plays on the final table. I may *look* old but at least my memory stretches back more than three months ;)
    Posted by DannyMcs
    Whoops. I'm so getting owned tonight.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Changes to the Viva Las Vegas Monthly Final. : You do realise its only the bubble prizes they are changing.....there is still no prize for going out 1st hand :))
    Posted by MAXALLY
    when will this ever stop lol
  • edited January 2011
    I just made it into the semi after trying to lose a hand to take the bubble money in 4th but ended up winning it lol and got my seat. I think spreading that much cash around to a couple more places is a good idea. To get so close and then to lose and get sfa in 3rd would be a tradgedy everyone works so hard to get there and id be happy to get a bit of cash if i made it that far just for my efforts. Who ever goes out with the top bubble money is going to be happy either way. 1 step closer to vegas BABY!!!!

but reading my own comments i do wonder how it would change the play of the game if you did not want the vegas ticket and played for the cash anyway not that i could imagine anyone would if the bubble is spread out a bit i think players would prob play more for the win.