You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Monitoring your Results

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

Does anyone record their results and if so how do they do this and
when do they review their results.

Thanks

Comments

• edited January 2011

Balance at 4am - Balance at 4pm - (£1 per can drunk + overall cost of takeaway) = Total profit.

*Or something like that.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Monitoring your Results:
    Balance at 4am - Balance at 4pm - (£1 per can drunk + overall cost of takeaway) = Total profit. *Or something like that.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    looool xxx
  • edited January 2011

I've realised, I got am and pm the wrong way round!!! haaaaaaa

F U BODMAS.

**Oh I looked again, and it's sposed to be that way !!!

Bring the site update forward plzzzzzzzzzzz xxxxxxxxx SPIN xxxxxxxx
  • edited January 2011
    I keep a daily spreadsheet of my results and update it every session i play, e.g Profit, games played, poker points earned and it has really helped me alot. Also if  you play sit n go's then nothing beats sharkscope, it monitors every game for you.
  • edited January 2011
    This year i decided to keep a LIMIT on my bankroll and withdraw the excess on that limit every week and i am keeping this profit in a seperate bank account.I am seeing this as a great incentive to see what i can achieve xxx
  • edited January 2011
    I've realised, I got am and pm the wrong way round!!! haaaaaaa
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhead ;)
  • edited January 2011
    If you want an idea as to what to put in a spreadsheet I'd suggest

Date
    Time
    Where
    Variant (NLHE, PLO, ....)
    Type (cash/stakes, tournament/buy in, satellite/buy in)
    Hours played
    Profit/loss
    Other Expenses (although I don't bother with this I just stick to profit/loss on just the poker rather than incidental expenses)
    Notes

That doesn't record everything you might possibly need (like ROI or hourly rate for example), but it'll store all the information you could need, so if you want to make use of it at any time it's available.
  • edited January 2011
    If you want an idea as to what to put in a spreadsheet I'd suggest Date Time Where Variant (NLHE, PLO, ....) Type (cash/stakes, tournament/buy in, satellite/buy in) Hours played Profit/loss Other Expenses (although I don't bother with this I just stick to profit/loss on just the poker rather than incidental expenses) Notes That doesn't record everything you might possibly need (like ROI or hourly rate for example), but it'll store all the information you could need, so if you want to make use of it at any time it's available.
    Posted by BelovedLtd

this is the way i started i now do all of the above plus:

1 I split it in to live and online 
    2 split the online sites e.g sky, stars and tilt
    3  "Other Expenses" is not important online but i keep a note of it for live games and is the most shocking one last year. (Fuel, hotels and flights)

The best thing i did last year was to open an account for my poker money live or online. This has kept my life money away from my poker money

i hope this helps

DAI

ps 

this has made a big diffrence to my poker game bigger than i ever thought it would.

• edited January 2011

Just use a basice excel spreadsheet and log each sessions play. I split it between cash and MTT/SNG and record date, bankroll, profit for each etc. Can make it as complex as you like, ROI, bb/100 etc. I find it a must to focus on how your doing and watch that bankroll. It is amazing how many players think they are winning when they are not and this brings a bit of realism to the table.