You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Satellites to the £220 Monthly BIGGIE

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat

Afternoon all. Remember me, I used to Post here? Sooooooo busy!

Anyway, some news for you, if it's not already been Posted.

There are now weekly Quarter Finals & Semi-Finals into the Monthly Sky Sports £220 DS big jobbie-wobbie.

TONIGHT, at 18.30 (6.30pm) there is a £10.50 Quarter Final. There are NO entries at present. 1 in 5 win a seat into the Semi-Final.

TONIGHT, at 21.30, there is a £48 Semi-final. There are TWO entries at present (DELTA & conorshay1). 1 in 5 win a seat into the Event proper.

The monthly £220 will take place on Thursday 27th of January.  The value is already in - I'll be playing it.

You gotta be in it to win it. 

Comments

• edited January 2011
    thanks tikay i have now reg for the 10.50 one
  • edited January 2011

Good luck bluffy.

This should widen the net & enable more of the regular guys to take a shot at the Biggie.
  • edited January 2011
    I shall see you in the 220 tikay, not missing out on it with the value your bringing in ;)
  • ckdckd
    edited January 2011

i think i will give these a miss

as i have a seat through the leaguestars game wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

see u on the 27th tk mate

gl all
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Satellites to the £220 Monthly BIGGIE:
    Afternoon all. Remember me, I used to Post here? Sooooooo busy! Anyway, some news for you, if it's not already been Posted. There are now weekly Quarter Finals & Semi-Finals into the Monthly Sky Sports £220 DS big jobbie-wobbie. TONIGHT, at 18.30 (6.30pm) there is a £10.50 Quarter Final. There are NO entries at present. 1 in 5 win a seat into the Semi-Final. TONIGHT, at 21.30, there is a £48 Semi-final. There are TWO entries at present (DELTA & conorshay1). 1 in 5 win a seat into the Event proper. The monthly £220 will take place on Thursday 27th of January.  The value is already in - I'll be playing it. You gotta be in it to win it.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Do we know you??????? ;)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Satellites to the £220 Monthly BIGGIE:
      The value is already in - I'll be playing it.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    More dead money up for grabs - I'm in it too after luckboxing a seat via the LS freeroll.

• edited January 2011
    10 players got free entry and people ar not interested to qualify for 10£.u should change structure of this great tournament to min buy in 2.80£.it s shame was only two players interested at 18.30 tonight. i love to qualify and win this tournament .ty
  • edited January 2011
    If I was given a wish list of Sky Tournaments I would want to play.....  This would be top of the list

Great Format

Quality Field

Great Prize fund

It doesn't get much better than this 

P.S.  I really should try and qualify for it ;o)

• edited January 2011
    Might try and qualify for this in the next few months
  • edited January 2011
    only got 2 runners so it didnt go ahead come on ppl!!!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    I have posted on different thread about this in the past (see SKY Tournaments).  I am ever hopeful that the quarter final will be played weekly, perhaps day before semi, and that we will see daily satellites costing about £2.50 with a 1 in 5 entry into the quarters.  I feel sure that this will generate more interest at the bottom end and give the "lesser" players the chance to have a shot at the "biggie".
  • edited January 2011
    As dollie says would be nicer even cheaper option, may still look out for it though
  • edited January 2011

I hope to be able to pass on some good news about this very shortly, which will tick almost every box for those that have Posted on this Thread.

Some details are just being sorted, & as soon as they are - maybe even today - I'll ship the word.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Satellites to the £220 Monthly BIGGIE:
    I hope to be able to pass on some good news about this very shortly, which will tick almost every box for those that have Posted on this Thread. Some details are just being sorted, & as soon as they are - maybe even today - I'll ship the word.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks
  • edited January 2011
    i think the QTR final should be weekly like the semi, you would get 20 easily in the qtr if it was weekly im positive, run smaller sats to the weekly QTR that are like £2.20, have the weekly QTR on a tuesday night? the night before the semi or on a friday/saturday where the most people are online, attracts a few more players. food for thought.
  • edited January 2011
    i think the QTR final should be weekly like the semi, you would get 20 easily in the qtr if it was weekly im positive, run smaller sats to the weekly QTR that are like £2.20, have the weekly QTR on a tuesday night? the night before the semi or on a friday/saturday where the most people are online, attracts a few more players. food for thought.
    Posted by hurst05
    Too late for thought now, the decision has been made, but we're hopeful it will tick most boxes. 
  • edited January 2011
    whats the decision tikay sir?
  • edited January 2011
    tk i won a sat for this event into the semi but it did not start but its not in my table lobby for next week could you shed some light on this please as i dont want my £10.50 i want my seat into the semi.regards del
  • edited January 2011
    tk i won a sat for this event into the semi but it did not start but its not in my table lobby for next week could you shed some light on this please as i dont want my £10.50 i want my seat into the semi.regards del
    Posted by DELTA
    Hi Wayne,

As I said yesterday, I sent your question straight to Suit-Ville.

When the news came through today that they were sorting out a new Schedule, I immediately wrote to HO & asked them if they planned to transfer your Entry to the planned Semi-Final.

Once I hear back, I'll be in touch again. The Semi is not for another week or two, so far as I recall, so there's time to sort it.

The Tourney Lobby you are looking at is NOT the correct one - that reflects the OLD schedule.

Trust me, I'm a quack.
  • edited January 2011
    whats the decision tikay sir?
    Posted by iBLUFF
    As soon as I hear, I'll post it up.
  • edited January 2011

Good afternoon.

I now have the news of the revised Satellies for this Event.

Rather than get creative, I'll just C & P the gist of Sky-Adam's note to me, which was along these lines......

".....New satellite schedule for £220 Monthly Sky Sports Deepstack  We felt that the daily quarter finals and weekly semi finals for the £220 DS needed some tweaking, & we were particularly keen to address Client-Feedback as to making them more accessible & affordable for the regular players, so we have changed them as follows..... New schedule will be Daily Micro Sats ‘Sky Sports Qtr Sat’ @ 20:30 for £2.30, 1 in 5 win a seat to the weekly Quarter Final

Weekly Quarter Final ‘Sky Sports DS Qtr’ @ 20:30 on Sunday for £10.50, 1 in 5 win seat to the Monthly Semi Final

Monthly Semi Final ‘Sky Sports DS Semi’ @ 20:30 on the Wednesday before the main event for £48. 1 in 5 win seat to the main event the following night at 8pm
     We MAY continue to offer a 2nd Semi Final ~ 5pm on the day of the ME – depending how numbers go...."
  • edited January 2011

These changes have now been implemented.

Tonight's Q-F sats are in the Lobby, Sunday's Quarter-Final ditto,. as is the Semi-Final on Wednesday 26th January.

I think this addresses almost all of the feedback in this excellent thread.

PS - Note to DELTA - I will let you know what the Suits say about the note you sent me. I have reminded them this morning, though I don't expect to hear back until Monday earliest.
  • edited January 2011
    did they read my mind? lol