You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i was stuck bet the river or shove?

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
CardsAmountPotBalance
xxk4t13xx Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £1.88
aj640 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £0.23
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

rocket_man Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £4.90
TENOFSPADE Fold     
scotty368 Fold     
Macacan Call  £0.24 £0.60 £7.60
xxk4t13xx Fold     
aj640 All-in  £0.23 £0.83 £0.00
rocket_man Call  £0.07 £0.90 £4.83
Macacan Call  £0.07 £0.97 £7.53
Flop

• J

rocket_man Bet  £0.40 £1.37 £4.43
Macacan Call  £0.40 £1.77 £7.13
Turn

rocket_man Bet  £0.64 £2.41 £3.79
Macacan Call  £0.64 £3.05 £6.49
River

rocket_man Bet  £1.68 £4.73 £2.11
Macacan Call  £1.68 £6.41 £4.81
aj640 Show

rocket_man Show
  • A
  • A

Macacan Muck
  • J

rocket_man Win Full House, 8s and Aces £5.92

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Re-raise when you get raised pre and get as much as possible in eg. 90p or more depending on how loose the table is

with your stack, well any with aces you want to try get them all in pre if we can. if someone calls and you dont have the option to raise then aim to get it in on flop

be weary of paired boards, flush or straight boards, remember aces is just a pair after all so can often get outdrawn especially when you call pre when you should be raising

the river was a good one for you so shove everyday we have a full house, you won the pot but imo played it poor

learn from it

a nice warm welcome to the forum and best of luck at the tables

Kind Regards
    John
  • edited January 2011
    Preflop not sure as sometimes you can't raise if the all-in is very small but not sure about that.

Post flop just bet more every street, flop 80p, turn 80% of pot, river shove.

Welcome to the clinic keep posting.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: i was stuck bet the river or shove?:
    Re-raise when you get raised pre and get as much as possible in eg. 90p or more depending on how loose the table is with your stack, well any with aces you want to try get them all in pre if we can. if someone calls and you dont have the option to raise then aim to get it in on flop be weary of paired boards, flush or straight boards, remember aces is just a pair after all so can often get outdrawn especially when you call pre when you should be raising the river was a good one for you so shove everyday we have a full house, you won the pot but imo played it poor learn from it a nice warm welcome to the forum and best of luck at the tables Kind Regards John
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    hi john i would of raise but for some reason it only aloud me 2 call i dunno why i wasnt playing limit?

cheers mate jack 
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: i was stuck bet the river or shove?:
    Preflop not sure as sometimes you can't raise if the all-in is very small but not sure about that. Post flop just bet more every street, flop 80p, turn 80% of pot, river shove. Welcome to the clinic keep posting.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    i had a feeling i didnt get much vaule lol cheers 4 the feedback
  • edited January 2011
    Oh right my apologise its hard to tell sometimes, in that case see dudeskin's advice lol

gl at tables jack
  • edited January 2011
    The turn is a nightmare. 

Might be a case to check and fold to a decent bet, but I dunno, probably not at this level.

I would check call 1 time maybe, and check the river hoping he checks back on a blank card - fold if he makes any decent size bet.

As it played out, the river is perfect, I would just shove at this level - he might even call you with a flush.
  • edited January 2011
    bet bigger on all streets fold turn if you get raised