You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

turn frush deep get raised

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancediagfSmall blind £0.50£0.50£164.94gerrard9Big blind £1.00£1.50£98.00 Your hole cards65   eatmysetFold    EVILEDNAFold    LOL_RAISERaise £3.00£4.50£193.31diagfCall £2.50£7.00£162.44gerrard9Call £2.00£9.00£96.00Flop  AK6   diagfCheck    gerrard9Check    LOL_RAISEBet £7.00£16.00£186.31diagfCall £7.00£23.00£155.44gerrard9Fold    Turn  J   diagfCheck    LOL_RAISEBet £18.00£41.00£168.31diagfRaise £77.00£118.00£78.44

Comments

• edited January 2011
    villain has just flat called all 3 streets with 55 on Qs9c5sKx with 55 vs my AA

not too many notes on him or too much history, he is a reg and played in the TSP cash tourney i think but meh i dont think hes that good tbh. (might just be me having hudge ego at pokers)

hes put half his stack in on the turn which makes it look super super strong imo.  that said we lose to 78dd 89dd 9Tdd QTdd only i think and he might be doing it with worse? QTs possibly QTo but i dont know if he flats that preflop.

thoughts pls
  • edited January 2011
    I ship it here, mainly due to possible set?

likely they have bigger flush but be quite unlucky especially as they flat behind, losing to higher flushes here but also the opponent may have sets or 2 pairs/ straight possibly

maybe make a note based on what they show when you shove

thats wat i would do
  • edited January 2011
    he just raised you over 4x, pretty hard to imagine he does it with worse considering how he played 55 which usually means he's the paranoid type who always looks at worst case scenarios and therefore would never raise here with set/straight/2p

he has more flush combos than that too, but even if he didn't i don't think you can construct a range to do anything but fold with the notes you have
  • edited January 2011
    I ship it here, mainly due to possible set?

likely they have bigger flush but be quite unlucky especially as they flat behind, losing to higher flushes here but also the opponent may have sets or 2 pairs/ straight possibly

maybe make a note based on what they show when you shove

thats wat i would do
  • edited January 2011
    could he do this with 2 pair scared you have Q d if hes not that good? then again he would do it with a made flush i guess for the same reason, the fact that he only called you down with a flopped set in the other hand would lean me to a fold but its close
  • edited January 2011
    sick stack size and light button open brag

fish
  • edited January 2011
    Q T lets hope its not dia's
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to fishiest:
    sick stack size and light button open brag fish
    Posted by beaneh
    You sure?  I reckon its another one of his bad beat threads. ;-)
  • edited January 2011

if he did hit a set on the flop with two diamonds out there i wud of thought he may have re raised to protect the hand and the problem is aswell is if he does have a flush there is good chance ur beat so i think the fold is a good option here i dont believe he has 2 pair because the overaise seems a bad move on the river as its alot to risk wen ur only gunna get called with a very good hand so he must have a good hand

but my opinion is he had a higher flush j 10 q 10 as anuthing higer he wud of riased in my opiinion

• edited January 2011
    tryin to figure headline what`s a FRUSH ?
  • edited January 2011
    haha its a very strong hand :P
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: turn frush deep get raised:
    if he did hit a set on the flop with two diamonds out there i wud of thought he may have re raised to protect the hand and the problem is aswell is if he does have a flush there is good chance ur beat so i think the fold is a good option here i dont believe he has 2 pair because the overaise seems a bad move on the river as its alot to risk wen ur only gunna get called with a very good hand so he must have a good hand but my opinion is he had a higher flush j 10 q 10 as anuthing higer he wud of riased in my opiinion
    Posted by DPhillips

Sigh. Fold. Next hand please :)
  • edited January 2011
    To those saying sets? LOL.

What set is he going to wake up with here?

AA? KK? 66?

66 is the only one that is really possible and well it's a 1 outer if thats what he's got.

Sick spot.

QT offsuit with Q of diamonds probably best scenario.

I think it's a fold. Not saying I do but fold prob right play.