You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sheffield Uniteds 4th manager this season a good appointment?

edited February 2011 in The Football Corner

To all you fellow Blades out there ((ok the rest of you no digs about relegation etc) and I have seen many on the tables just not sure if you read these forum posts) what do you think of our new manager Micky Adams? Ok we have to give him time etc and a fellow blade like Warnock is always welcome at the helm but I have my reservations.
I also question the boards ambition with his appointment as there are many very good managers out of work at the moment OK the finances at the mo are a bit ropey but the best way to start to resolve this is to bring a big name in which could start to see improved attendance although 20k average considering our position is fantastic.
Last but not least Trevor Birch has appointed a Supporters Liaison Manager who's job is self explanatory, I think this initiative should be applauded.

Please air your views.

Regards Ray

Comments

• edited January 2011

Cant comment, as I'm not a blade, but when this one goes t*its up like the rest, pleaseeeeeeeeee don't waste your time chasing Sean O'Driscoll, only for him to turn you down in favour of South Yorkshire's finest club - AGAIN !!!!

Take the hint !!!!!!!!!!!!

• edited January 2011
    As an owl I think he's a great appointment for you.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Sheffield Uniteds 4th manager this season a good appointment?:
    Cant comment, as I'm not a blade, but when this one goes t*its up like the rest, pleaseeeeeeeeee don't waste your time chasing Sean O'Driscoll, only for him to turn you down in favour of South Yorkshire's finest club - AGAIN !!!! Take the hint !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Not u as well ive had it in the neck from my friends up here who are Donny season ticket holders Grrrrr. Just a pub team havin a laugh lol
  • edited January 2011
    All this is just the football gods paying you back for your never ending whinging and moaning about you going DOWN and West Ham STAYING UP :)
  • edited January 2011

well the vale fan went mildly mad when he left said he was the bestest manager since lee sinnot...i agreed
  • edited January 2011
    FTB UTO :) 

that is all
  • edited January 2011
    Micky Adams saved Fulham from extinction, defo !!

We were 2nd bott, 4th tier and had just lost to bottom!! he saved us then got us up to third tier only to be moved on by al Fayed, for Keegan !

Everyone at Fulham loves Adams, met him couple of times great bloke, gets super reception whenever he returns as this year in cup ! 

Has he taken Geoff Horsfield with him?

Good Luck I wish him well there !!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Sheffield Uniteds 4th manager this season a good appointment?:
    Cant comment, as I'm not a blade, but when this one goes t*its up like the rest, pleaseeeeeeeeee don't waste your time chasing Sean O'Driscoll, only for him to turn you down in favour of South Yorkshire's finest club - AGAIN !!!! Take the hint !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Sean O'Driscoll, very highly rated in footie circles, prob get a small prem club in next 5 years!!

Watched him live at Fulham prob over 100 times, one of the best wide midfielders we EVER had !!

Very Quiet but firm style apparently, the 82 fulham squad produced quite a few succeses in managment

Seano'D, Beck, Lewington, Rosenoir, Parker [Hong Kong], Peyton [top rated gk coach arsenal still],Gale & Houghton on telly/ radio,
    o.....and Dale Tempest at Skybet LOLOL, or so he told me at the Roger Brown tribute dinner LOL !!

I wonder what happened to Jeff Hopkins ??
  • edited January 2011
    FTB UTO :)  that is all
    Posted by hurst05
    Good to see a few owls on here.
  • edited February 2011
    Sorry to bring this post back but I think my reservations may be well founded. No win under his reign no win in 2011 and if I were a bookie odds on to go down. Maybe Chew07 is right too it was the most embarrassing of affairs, we had it in our own hands to stay up that season and failed.
    I was asked a question in a chat box the other day "how much longer will Adams keep the job" well there is no point replacing him now as the damage is done lets hope his conscience gets the better of him and he resigns at the end of the season saving the club 3 years wages. What do you think Blades (Jimmy)?

Ray
  • edited February 2011
    Yes Ray agree entirely about not sacking him I would keep him and if he resigns he resigns if he doesn't he doesn't. Theres no points in just sacking managers. I would keep him due to our fait is nearly sealed (im an optimist ;) ) then if we do go down I would see how he goes with the manages that we manage to keep.

The thing that has crippled up Ray is the amount of loan signings that we have in the side, under Blackwell and Speed we had far too many and Blackwell openly admitted that, I no im going off on one but that my opinion why we are in the current state that we are in. Paying loan players that just cannot be bothered and all there bothered about if getting there pay at the end of the week showing absolutely no passion. 

Overall Ray I think the club cant afford to sack Micky Adams thats my overriding thought in the situation

Once again Jimmy The Blade
  • edited February 2011
    Loan players are a funny thing.

As an owl, some of ours over the years have been really valuable to us getting promoted from league 1 a few years ago, and lately for us staying up in the championship.

Last season I think a few hindered us.

Trouble is when you've not got the cash to sign players then loan players are the only option.