You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

EV

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Hi all

I often here people talking about ev,   I know what it means but I have no idea where I stand with ev.
Is there a way to check it?
Is it worked out on whole cards or when the money goes in?
Is there a way to check EV retrospectivly?

Suppose one calls preflop with 23 off,      before the flop ev would be low,   If the flop comes 223 U go all in ur ev changes obv,   Is it all calcuted preflop or is it more complicated?

peter

Comments

• edited January 2011
    someone correct me if im wrong, but as i understand it basically whether it will win money in the longterm so whether its correct or not. as per your suggestion it changes at each point so if you check flop could be - ev longterm, if you bet 2/3 pot could be + ev , its all situational and can change at any point when you can still bet
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: EV:
    someone correct me if im wrong, but as i understand it basically whether it will win money in the longterm so whether its correct or not. as per your suggestion it changes at each point so if you check flop could be - ev longterm, if you bet 2/3 pot could be + ev , its all situational and can change at any point when you can still bet
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Thanks,   Do you know how peeps check thier ev?     Can it be done through the site or is it some type of software?

peter