You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rakes

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
Just started playing cash instead of DYM's after having a bad run for a month I thought I would go for a lower variance option. Been playing 5p 10p and been grinding a small profit, slightly better than my DYM rate of about 10%. However, the rakes seem huge. Does anyone know what they actually are? It looks like about 7% or 8%. Maybe Sky should look at this as this seems very high and someone grinding an 8% profit before the rake will have this wiped out. I know this is still less than the 10% STT rate but you know at the start you are paying this one off fee to enter.

I think Sky should cap the rake at one big blind for whatever level you are playing and maybe 10% upto that limit. For example at 5p 10p level a pot of £5.00 is rakes at the 10p cap (rather than 35p or 40p it is now) and a pot of 70p raked at 7p.

How does Sky compare to other sites as Sky must be litterally raking in hundreds of thousands of pounds per day.

Thoughts??

Comments