You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Belated Hello

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
I've played on this site for some time now and posted occasionaly.

Playing poker is now a regular event for me and I have settled on this site as more than anything I love the commuinty aspect.

Over the months I have got to watch and play against lots of different players and followed the progress of many with TSP and the the SPT updates and so forth. One of my goals for 2011 is to attend and hopefully play one of the SPT events and actually put some faces to names in the flesh.

I know there are a few players who live near to me in Lightwood, staffs and I will hopefully make arrangement to travel down to one of the SPT event.

I turned 40 last year so it's all down hill now and for my sins I'm a season ticket holder at the Britannia Stadium, home of the mighty potters!

Look forward to meeting you at the tables.

Simon

AKA - Lightwood

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Hi and gl with what you want to achieve and do not worry about you being a season ticket holder there as nobody is perfect xxx
  • edited January 2011

Welcome aboard Mr Lightwood. Did you know that the name of the town you live in, & indeed yoor alias, reflects something called "The Lightwood Hoard".

Proper famous, that, to coin a phrase.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Belated Hello:
    Welcome aboard Mr Lightwood. Did you know that the name of the town you live in, & indeed yoor alias, reflects something called "The Lightwood Hoard". Proper famous, that, to coin a phrase.
    Posted by Tikay10
    If you truely knew that fact without the use of google you are even wiser than I thought.

Come on be honest............
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Belated Hello : If you truely knew that fact without the use of google you are even wiser than I thought. Come on be honest............
    Posted by Lightwood
    The coins in question were Tikay's pocket money.
  • edited January 2011
    welcome lightwood,theres a few stokies on the forum all good lads too
    ignore debs she doesnt know what shes onnaboot ;) her husband gonna be a highroller yer know
    up the potters
  • edited January 2011

Welcome mate...

I myself set a goal to attent a SPT this year hopefully in Cardiff :)

Look forward to seeing u on the tables.... GL! :)

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Belated Hello:
    I've played on this site for some time now and posted occasionaly. Playing poker is now a regular event for me and I have settled on this site as more than anything I love the commuinty aspect. Over the months I have got to watch and play against lots of different players and followed the progress of many with TSP and the the SPT updates and so forth. One of my goals for 2011 is to attend and hopefully play one of the SPT events and actually put some faces to names in the flesh. I know there are a few players who live near to me in Lightwood, staffs and I will hopefully make arrangement to travel down to one of the SPT event. I turned 40 last year so it's all down hill now and for my sins I'm a season ticket holder at the Britannia Stadium, home of the mighty potters! Look forward to meeting you at the tables. Simon AKA - Lightwood
    Posted by Lightwood
    WELCOME TO SKYPOKER & GL ON THE TABLES.
  • edited January 2011
    Welcome and gl on the tables.
  • edited January 2011

Hi Lightwood, better to say hello late than never innit

Hope you can make an SPT soon will be nice to meet you.

Good luck at the tables.

• edited January 2011
    welcome lightwood,theres a few stokies on the forum all good lads too ignore debs she doesnt know what shes onnaboot ;) her husband gonna be a highroller yer know up the potters
    Posted by stokefc
    That was soooo funny i ALMOST smiled ;o)
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Belated Hello : The coins in question were Tikay's pocket money.
    Posted by MereNovice
    So YOU know what "Lightwood Hoard" means, clearly!
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Lightwood,

Nice post.

We've chatted a few times and I reckon your game is on the up, so a seat at SPT event should be well within your grasp.

The fact that I also have a season ticket at the Britannia Stadium, does not make me biased in anyway!

Oh and have you noticed I've taken over your spot at the top of MereNovices TSP League ;)

Go on The Mighty Potters!
  • edited January 2011
    Hi Lightwood, Nice post. We've chatted a few times and I reckon your game is on the up, so a seat at SPT event should be well within your grasp. The fact that I also have a season ticket at the Britannia Stadium, does not make me biased in anyway! Oh and have you noticed I've taken over your spot at the top of MereNovices TSP League ;) Go on The Mighty Potters!
    Posted by TheDart
    Hi Dart,

I have indeed noticed that mate. I will probably have a go in tonight's event but Friday night poker when the house bar is open is a different matter :~) so there goes my average.
  • edited January 2011
    I am sure there are more Spurs fans on this forum than Stoke Vale fans.:)

Only one way to sort this out!

FIGHT!!!:)
  • edited January 2011
    I am sure there are more Spurs fans on this forum than Stoke Vale fans.:) Only one way to sort this out! FIGHT!!!:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    But as you probably already know, we are the 2nd oldest club in the whole league and therefore obviously more special ;)
  • edited January 2011
    I am sure there are more Spurs fans on this forum than Stoke Vale fans.:) Only one way to sort this out! FIGHT!!!:)
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I'm not fighting you, I've heard you are a big lad! :)
  • edited January 2011
    What's this "Britannia Stadium" thing? It's football isn't it? ... sigh ... For proper locals there's only the real sport (lol) of darts and that means The Power (and Aidey and Hamilton) lol ;-)

Welcome Lightwood & GL at the tables.