You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bankroll Management

edited January 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Jw how everyone handles there Bankroll management?

Comments

• edited January 2011
    There is a common rule not to put more than 5% of your total bankroll at risk at one time. Buying into cash games you should have atleast 100 buyins for that level. This is if you want to be strict with your BR
  • edited January 2011
    yh thats tru..

what is ur rule on withdrawing money?

do u do it ant the end of week/month?

also do u keep a record of ur games?

if so what do u do?
  • edited January 2011
    Hi I'm new but 100 buy ins seems extremeley excessive. Thta means to play 2p/4p you need 400 pounds. I'm sure the rule is 20 buy ins per level and that is conservartive BRM. Could be wrong would be interesting to see what others think. Chris Ferguson Used 5% for cash games and 2% for tournaments i'm sure it was. 5% of 80 pound is 4 pound which is the same as twenty buy ins.
  • edited January 2011
    100 buy ins is exessive, i was reading a poker e-book and they recommend 50 buy ins for tournaments, 30 for cash. It depends how serious you want to take it, personally i rarely deposit and i often put 10% at risk but to me i can always reload. although i've only reloaded about 2-3 times and withdrawn alot more then i have put in
  • edited January 2011
    it really depends on what you are comfortable with and the impact on you/your roll if you lose the buy in.
    I have a goal in £ terms (not buy in terms) to reach before I will consider moving up a level.
  • edited January 2011
    Yes 100 buyins is excessive to me aswell..just what i have read. i myself prefer the 5% rule
  • edited January 2011
    I have at least 100 buyins for the stakes I play and I never go on tilt.
  • edited January 2011
    i was always under the impression that as far as mtts are concerned then 100 buy ins is the recommended amount
  • edited January 2011
    play with what ever money you can afford to lose in a week/month or whatever, if you want to build a bankroll up i would say 50-75 buyins for these small field sky mtts is fine and about 25ish for cash