You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This is the craziest bluff ever at a top MTT

Comments

• edited January 2011

It's not at crazy as you might think.

Munns folds a LOT of winning hands in that spot. It was not an easy call to make, either, though table image & metagame was probably involved.

It was a £10k Tourney - ££, not $$'s. Many make the call, but I'd be amazed if any make it easily.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: This is the craziest bluff ever at a top MTT:
    It's not at crazy as you might think. Munns folds a LOT of winning hands in that spot. It was not an easy call to make, either, though table image & metagame was probably involved. It was a £10k Tourney - ££, not $$'s. Many make the call, but I'd be amazed if any make it easily.
    Posted by Tikay10
    From what I read Tony about Blom he is very aggressive and a known bluffer..... so to get a bluff through like this you need a very good table image.

PS been meaning to PM you the charity event you attented at my place in the end raised Just over £400 with online donations quite a number from members of this site, so considering the poor turn out a good result for CRUK in the end...... many thanks to all for their supoport.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: This is the craziest bluff ever at a top MTT : From what I read Tony about Blom he is very aggressive and a known bluffer..... so to get a bluff through like this you need a very good table image. PS been meaning to PM you the charity event you attented at my place in the end raised Just over £400 with online donations quite a number from members of this site, so considering the poor turn out a good result for CRUK in the end...... many thanks to all for their supoport.
    Posted by waynecure
    Yup, but Munns would quite likely not have known that. Blom is just a kid (it was his first ever Live Cash I believe), but when you are playing for hundreds of thousands & a crazy lag jams on you, it's easy to say "well he mostly has air here", but it don't half take some calling!

Delighted to hear you raised £400 on that fine day in Halifax, & I'll let Maureen & Stacey, my friends from next door who also attended, know.

If you ever do another such fund-raising Event, & I'm not working, I'll deffo come up, & try & rouse a few others to attend. T'was a grand day.

• edited January 2011
    It wuda worked v me,    hate to admit,    I wuda folded,    I think all of the laughter at the table after wuda been praise if it worked
  • edited January 2011
    It wuda worked v me,    hate to admit,    I wuda folded,    I think all of the laughter at the table after wuda been praise if it worked
    Posted by NODEA
    L
    I'm afraid to say, I'd almost certainly have wimped out & folded, too.

He probably does not have it. But he could, so very easily, have a better Ace, & be disguising it well.

I use the excuse "I can find a better spot".

Which is probably why I have settled better & do nicely at lower level games these days. When top prize is £2k or £3k, I can prob make the call, but in that one, I'd be cacking it, & would probz fold.

If I were asked who's play I admired most there, I'd go for Blom. The call was terrific, & correct, fair play to the geezer, but I'm not convinced that, over time, it's a "good call". It's deffo a great move by Blom though.

I reckon - given that Munns is not forced to have the A (& Blom would not know that at the time), Blom's move gets through more times than not.

Munns either had a soul read, or had taken lessons off MereStPancras.
  • edited January 2011
    pretty sure munns butchers this postflop and runs good that isildur spews his stack off.

he obv hasnt learned the rule of dont bluff the fish yet
  • edited January 2011
    munns is so terrible he gets Bloms stack. blom isn't c/r 4bet jamming this flop with an ace so folding an ace would be bad. 
  • edited January 2011

Wow, i not seen that before!

nice post Wayne.

• edited January 2011
    I did intend to title the thread "Is this the ......." not "This is the ......" just noticed my error, no point trying to edit now as people have posted.
  • edited January 2011
    The bluff by Viktor Blom is too high level for the player he is doing it against to understand, typical online player can't adapt to the live fish on the table lol, wouldn't catch me doing that *Cough*
  • edited January 2011
    this ivey bluff is crazier... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Qap3VT_ZY
    Posted by offshoot
    the best of the best.......phil ivey is a legend,
  • edited January 2011
    he came he raised he lost---a lot more than the hand