You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

have you ever felt guilty

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
playing in nl 50 hu and having a good game, both started with 20 quid each. i won and they reloaded another 2o so i thought , what the eck. won that and they went another 30, ok i thought why not. won that and they went another40,. at this point i thought WHY!!!  but i went again, won that. the last reload was25.40 and for the 1st time ever i thought keep your money (but i played anyway) and won that. now i feel guilty and that aint nice!!!!

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Nobody is forcing them to keep playing though.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to have you ever felt guilty:
    playing in nl 50 hu and having a good game, both started with 20 quid each. i won and they reloaded another 2o so i thought , what the eck. won that and they went another 30, ok i thought why not. won that and they went another40,. at this point i thought WHY!!!  but i went again, won that. the last reload was25.40 and for the 1st time ever i thought keep your money (but i played anyway) and won that. now i feel guilty and that aint nice!!!!
    Posted by pod1
    lol cmon m8 its a dog eat dog world out there....
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: have you ever felt guilty:
    In Response to have you ever felt guilty : lol cmon m8 its a dog eat dog world out there....
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    In that case we'd better muzzle Banana_Dog in case she decides to eat Small_Dog.
  • edited January 2011
    i di
    d fee guilty for about 20 mins then i got owned at nl100. ( luckily i got it back at nl50 hu)
  • edited January 2011
    Look at it like this:

It was their choice to gamble.
    Someone else would have probably taken it anyway.
    Think of yourself as an entertainer... they paid you to entertain them by playing poker with them.
  • edited January 2011
    I think its natural to sometimes feel some pity if you think you have finished of someones roll,   I honestly believe that the players who say they feel no pity are lacking in life experience which teaches empathy.

I hope you never lose that feeling as it is humane.      quiet frankly I find the people who genuinely say they dont care quiet creepy.

would rather have you tying my rope before I abseil of a cliff than one of them.

peter
  • edited January 2011
    thanks peter, i know what you mean, had the last reload not have had a 40p at the end of it it wouldnt had bothered me. what gets me is i have played A LOT of people on here better than myself hu and normally after 1 or 2 bi i have worked this out, just cant work out why they would keep comming back.  phil
  • edited January 2011
    thanks peter, i know what you mean, had the last reload not have had a 40p at the end of it it wouldnt had bothered me. what gets me is i have played A LOT of people on here better than myself hu and normally after 1 or 2 bi i have worked this out, just cant work out why they would keep comming back.  phil
    Posted by pod1
    Imo,    lots of reasons,   To learn?,       Revenge?    or just like the song says     I get knocked down but I get up again.

finaly the biggest reason imo is good old fashioned Payday,  lol   That delctable, invincable weekend millionaire feeling,  :)
  • edited January 2011
    I think its natural to sometimes feel some pity if you think you have finished of someones roll,   I honestly believe that the players who say they feel no pity are lacking in life experience which teaches empathy. I hope you never lose that feeling as it is humane.      quiet frankly I find the people who genuinely say they dont care quiet creepy. would rather have you tying my rope before I abseil of a cliff than one of them. peter
    Posted by NODEAL
    I like this Peter, without doubt a true gentleman which costs you nowt of your BR.
  • edited January 2011
    When I was playing live I did feel a bit bad this one time.

I raised pre on the button with KQcc and only got one caller from the BB.  18 year old kid who had ran up a £60BI to £600.  I had £500 behind.

Flop was Ac 2h Tc.  He donks £15 into £25, I rasie to £55, he re-raises to £140.  He looks really nervous and I have the royal draw so I decide to just ship it in.  He tanks for 10 minutes and eventually calls with ATo.  Turn Q.  River Q.

He looked like he wanted to cry.  And he was proper shaking too.

5 minutes later I pick up AA when he has KK and get his last £100 or so.  A friend of mine overheard him in the smoking area talking to his mate  first of all saying that he now had £10 to last for the next 2 weeks then begging his mate for £100 so he could rebuy back in and bust all the fish LOLOLOL.

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: have you ever felt guilty : I like this Peter, without doubt a true gentleman which costs you nowt of your BR.
    Posted by waynecure
    THanks sir,  we are roughy same age,   and relate more to the gbs of this world,   but I have to admit without the youthful aggression of players like ljamesl we would all fall asleep in our comfy chairs also.

We do have our moments when our backs are against the wall though.  :)

Peter
  • edited January 2011
    I think its natural to sometimes feel some pity if you think you have finished of someones roll,   I honestly believe that the players who say they feel no pity are lacking in life experience which teaches empathy. I hope you never lose that feeling as it is humane.      quiet frankly I find the people who genuinely say they dont care quiet creepy. would rather have you tying my rope before I abseil of a cliff than one of them. peter
    Posted by NODEAL
    LOL ..........a bit ott i must say....its poker!! u never know who you are palying against online, i treat it like a video game,showing no empathy for the players i play coz i dont know em!

comparing real live with playing poker degenerates online hmm..... ie they so co-exist. No one gives a crapp about each other in the real world why start caring about a poker player that could be better off than you......
  • edited January 2011
    i think what peter is saying is that its a morality thing!!!
  • edited January 2011
    i think what peter is saying is that its a morality thing!!!
    Posted by pod1

LOL thats the reason its ott, not being moral in the sence that by not feeling pity for the player you owned in a virtual world is sad.........then im sad. This doesnt show what kind of person i am!! and because i show no empathy in a virtual world doesnt mean im imoral and nasty in the real world .....
  • edited January 2011
    its not a virtual world though is it, real people are playing. if you wish to perceive real people as the avator on the table then so be it if it makes you feel better. when live and you knock someone out or take the money you can shake there hands after, you cant online. the reason we shake there hands after is because its the right thing to do.
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: have you ever felt guilty : LOL ..........a bit ott i must say....its poker!! u never know who you are palying against online, i treat it like a video game,showing no empathy for the players i play coz i dont know em! comparing real live with playing poker degenerates online hmm..... ie they so co-exist. No one gives a crapp about each other in the real world why start caring about a poker player that could be better off than you......
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    I see what your trying to say but it is real people,    Im not saying every time we stack someone we should feel guilty,   im only saying.... sometimes you can tell when someone has had a horrid run and throws on thier last in an almost desperate attemt to pull back,   plus in this day and age of video technology we can become detached from our own humanity ,      I am sure that almost everyone who says they dont feel empathy busting someone online are perfectly decent people but technologically detached.

But in the interests of keeping a balance between serious issues and light heated ones,   your breath stinks :)
    technologicly detached speaking lol

Peter
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: have you ever felt guilty : LOL thats the reason its ott, not being moral in the sence that by not feeling pity for the player you owned in a virtual world is sad.........then im sad. This doesnt show what kind of person i am!! and because i show no empathy in a virtual world doesnt mean im imoral and nasty in the real world .....
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    LOl    Next we will be calling the losers in poker collateral damage,    They are only cyber people    ner mind.

As I said     And you said     In your imediate world and surroundings you are a perfectly nice chap but outside your field of view the real world still exists,

Im sure im real,    well The last time I checked I was.   :)

Peter
  • edited January 2011
    its not a virtual world though is it, real people are playing. if you wish to perceive real people as the avator on the table then so be it if it makes you feel better. when live and you knock someone out or take the money you can shake there hands after, you cant online. the reason we shake there hands after is because its the right thing to do.
    Posted by pod1
    ok buddy  this is gettin beyond my point and silly but the moral of my story is that morally it isnt immoral to not able to morally empathize ur oppo LOL

I play poker because it makes me happy and gets my heart beatin, i would not play online it if it made me feel bad for every win i got,... a simple UL or GG is all you can do no need to dwell on it! ind im sure ur not  ...
  • edited January 2011
    morally i agree with you that morality should play no part in poker and for that reason i morally decline to write anything else on said morality
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: have you ever felt guilty : I see what your trying to say but it is real people,    Im not saying every time we stack someone we should feel guilty,   im only saying.... sometimes you can tell when someone has had a horrid run and throws on thier last in an almost desperate attemt to pull back,   plus in this day and age of video technology we can become detached from our own humanity ,      I am sure that almost everyone who says they dont feel empathy busting someone online are perfectly decent people but technologically detached. But in the interests of keeping a balance between serious issues and light heated ones,   your breath stinks :) technologicly detached speaking lol Peter
    Posted by NODEAL
    i kno by ur post ur an old geezer, i play for a couple of hours a day and work in a busy enviroment for 50 hours a week......tecnologicly detached, what?? dont you mean detached from day to day society?? well if so im not!. i dont kno really what ur talkin about coz ur old n all that.............its just poker....if you dont get the money someone else will....
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: have you ever felt guilty : i kno by ur post ur an old geezer, i play for a couple of hours a day and work in a busy enviroment for 50 hours a week......tecnologicly detached, what?? dont you mean detached from day to day society?? well if so im not!. i dont kno really what ur talkin about coz ur old n all that.............its just poker....if you dont get the money someone else will....
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    LOL     dinkums,      Since you dont understand ill make it very clear,   The people behind the keyboard in poker and in video games are real(undeniable)       human beings deserve to be recognized as real(undeniable).

If we accept both of these facts then the only logical conclusion is to A.  be sympathetic to both real sets of people or b.    To be unsympathetic to both sets of people or c.  To be technologically detached and only recognize the people in your imediate reality.

A video game can be described as just a video game with little consiquences if you lose,   real money poker cant realy be described as just poker because it involves real people putting at stake real money.

When I say technologically detached that means if a person fails to recognize that if you put a screen between to humans and fail to recognize the reality of the person at the other end .

On a lighter note      Who are you calling old you little Plank    :)

Peter
  • edited January 2011
    defence rests your honour!!!!
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: have you ever felt guilty : LOL     dinkums,      Since you dont understand ill make it very clear,   The people behind the keyboard in poker and in video games are real(undeniable)       human beings deserve to be recognized as real(undeniable). If we accept both of these facts then the only logical conclusion is to A.  be sympathetic to both real sets of people or b.    To be unsympathetic to both sets of people or c.  To be technologically detached and only recognize the people in your imediate reality. A video game can be described as just a video game with little consiquences if you lose,   real money poker cant realy be described as just poker because it involves real people putting at stake real money. When I say technologically detached that means if a person fails to recognize that if you put a screen between to humans and fail to recognize the reality of the person at the other end . On a lighter note      Who are you calling old you little Plank    :) Peter
    Posted by NODEAL
    HAHA i like u Peter..... i see ur intelligent even though you faf abit(more than me that is), its funny how deep this thread has got from an innocent head line.........

.......One thing i kno for sure is that ur sooo OLD lol
  • edited January 2011
    i felt soo guilty i gave most of it back to someone else last night to relieve the guilt
  • edited January 2011
    My guilt has took over,, thats why i give to everyone i play.
    I feel good about this morally but tears still fill my eyes while doing so.
    Is this normal??
  • edited January 2011
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: have you ever felt guilty : HAHA i like u Peter..... i see ur intelligent even though you faf abit(more than me that is), its funny how deep this thread has got from an innocent head line......... .......One thing i kno for sure is that ur sooo OLD lol
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    LOL   no harm meant no harm done,    The thread did get of track a bit,    Im a bit old   but iv never been accused of being faf,     lol  but probs I am.     My elders were so Im likely to be,   away to get my walking stick,  catcha later.

peter
  • edited January 2011

My guilt has took over,, thats why i give to everyone i play. I feel good about this morally but tears still fill my eyes while doing so. Is this normal??
    Posted by major1962
    lol   we have a saint in our midst,     nice one.

I once broke down in tears cos I stack a female in cash game,   It was on the same day as bambi was on tv,   too much to handle,      We need to get tougher,   lets go kick a granny  :)

• edited January 2011
    HEY THE ONLY REASON WE PLAY IS TO WIN DOSNT MATTER WHO IT IS OR IF THEY WANT TO SPEND ALL THERES AND GIVE IT TO YOU. ITS CALLED GAMBLING AND HE CHOSE TO DO IT SO DONT SWEAT IT. JUST THINK OF WHEN YOU HAVE LOST BY REALLY BAD BEATS AND RELOADED AND LOST DO YOU THINK THEY FEEL GUILT FOR YOU? I THINK NOT. WD DUDE YOU JUST PLAYED WELL