You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Am I looking into this to much...

edited January 2011 in Poker Chat
I joined this site a couple of months ago and started getting some decent results on DYM
and got a decent Deepstack win.

As I thought I got better I became more relaxed. I started slouching accross my bed with
my laptop in front of me and often playing very late at night when im drifting asleep.

Would I be better sat up at my desk with a drink?

Has anyone got any advice they can give me on how I can stay focused on playing poker
and being succcessful, as I played about 30 DYM at the start of my sky poker days and
won about 25 of them.

Thanks
Jonathan

Comments

• edited January 2011
    load up more tables
  • edited January 2011
    Try to have a 10 minute break every hour or two if you are having a long sesion.

Otherwise you will lose focus and make silly calls etc..................
  • edited January 2011
    IE im in the same boat as you m8 but i lose focus when im watchin pxxn............damn you google
  • edited January 2011
    I say go the other way in opposition to previous answers,   The less tables the better,  The more vertical the better,  Once we get lappies that react to our thoughts we will be able to eat with both hands whilst lying flat out on our backs making money with little or no effort.

Peter  :)
  • edited January 2011
    Going to set my desk up and load £20 up at the weekend, will practice some more in freeroll
    until then and I will report back in a week or so.

Thanks all
  • edited January 2011
    In Response to Re: Am I looking into this to much...:
    Going to set my desk up and load £20 up at the weekend, will practice some more in freeroll until then and I will report back in a week or so. Thanks all
    Posted by JBuss
    Welcome sir,  Ps   if you need any advice on what pies to buy or an outlet that sells decent reclyners pm me.

Peter
  • edited January 2011
    No I have the local pie factory on speed dial as it is mate.
    I weigh 18 stone so I am viewed by family as the 'Pie connoisseur'

Jonny
  • edited January 2011

hi jbuss....  wire your laptop to a powerful hi-fi with an active subwoofer, turn the volume up to eleven, and feel your body explode to the sounds of the time bar running down. 

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Am I looking into this to much...:
    I joined this site a couple of months ago and started getting some decent results on DYM and got a decent Deepstack win. As I thought I got better I became more relaxed. I started slouching accross my bed with my laptop in front of me and often playing very late at night when im drifting asleep. Would I be better sat up at my desk with a drink? Has anyone got any advice they can give me on how I can stay focused on playing poker and being succcessful, as I played about 30 DYM at the start of my sky poker days and won about 25 of them. Thanks Jonathan
    Posted by JBuss
    Analyse your sessions. I used to just load up six tables, play, win some, lose some, then log off. I kept doing this for a couple of months and then wondered why I was getting tired, both in the way I play and the thought processes.

Easy; I wasn't picking my game apart. I thought lazy and played lazy. Going through the sessions and trying to take a lesson out of each was a bit of an eye-opener. I played around with some of the new ideas and didn't win immediately. What it did though was make me approach the game differently, mix things up a bit and ultimately add some more skills to the set. Can't be a bad thing imo.

EDIT: I'm still not that good though ;)
  • edited January 2011
    hi jbuss....  wire your laptop to a powerful hi-fi with an active subwoofer, turn the volume up to eleven, and feel your body explode to the sounds of the time bar running down. 
    Posted by aussie09
    The noise of the time bar bleeps at you, so wouldn't you need some high spec tweeters rather than sub woofers? ;)

• edited January 2011
    In Response to Am I looking into this to much... : Analyse your sessions. I used to just load up six tables, play, win some, lose some, then log off. I kept doing this for a couple of months and then wondered why I was getting tired, both in the way I play and the thought processes. Easy; I wasn't picking my game apart. I thought lazy and played lazy. Going through the sessions and trying to take a lesson out of each was a bit of an eye-opener. I played around with some of the new ideas and didn't win immediately. What it did though was make me approach the game differently, mix things up a bit and ultimately add some more skills to the set. Can't be a bad thing imo. EDIT: I'm still not that good though ;)
    Posted by Sky_Dave
    It's the thought that counts though Sky_Dave.